Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member

Trail Sabotage - Agoura Hills

Just wanted to let people know that somebody has been sabotaging a local trail this weekend, rode it today around 2pm and found lots of damage. One of my friends rode it earlier in the day and actually met the guy doing the sabotage but didnt get any pictures. He's about 5'8", white with dark short hair and has tried to dig holes in many places on the trail, succeeded in tearing down every single jump. be on the lookout and be safe.

Trail Sabotage - Agoura Hills-sui01.jpgTrail Sabotage - Agoura Hills-sui02.jpg
    Trail Sabotage - Agoura Hills-sui03.jpg
    nothing witty here...

mtbr member

Rode this last week and saw the jumps torn down, but no big rocks in the way. Way messed up...
    '14 Lenz Lunchbox
    '08 Gary Fisher Ferrous 29

mtbr member
    thanks Kragu, love the new bike btw.
    nothing witty here...

mtbr member

Thanks. I'm loving it too, except that I got a little overconfident on Space and ate **** pretty hard yesterday. I was looking forward to hitting those little jumps on S, and was way disappointed when I rolled up on those clumps of dirt. Lmk if you or anyone is planning a work day to rebuild.
    '14 Lenz Lunchbox

mtbr member
    Saw it about week and half ago,never saw who did it but I am guessing it's
    one of the homeowners/hikers that live nearby.

mtbr member
    No one should be digging holes or building jumps on the trails.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by 2w4s View Post
    Just wanted to let people know that somebody has been sabotaging a local trail this weekend, rode it today around 2pm and found lots of damage. One of my friends rode it earlier in the day and actually met the guy doing the sabotage but didnt get any pictures. He's about 5'8", white with dark short hair and has tried to dig holes in many places on the trail, succeeded in tearing down every single jump. be on the lookout and be safe.
    H]
    man this is so wrong...he should have called the police,,,,I would have fvcked him up
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    WTF

That must be the Deutsche Bank from last year too.. looks not good... 5'8", white with dark short hair, anything else hope it's not the ranger?

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Cycle Shawn View Post
    No one should be digging holes or building jumps on the trails.
    Not unless they are wearing a badge. And even then that don't make it 'Right".
    Re-Cycled Person who rides a mountain bicycle.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    None of the rangers I know of are 5'8" and male. The rangers know about this illegal trail. They don't like it, and they've had numerous complaints from hikers, but keeping this trail "open" keeps some of the out-of-control X-games wanna-bes off the more popular hiking trails. It's not likely to close anytime soon, but the rangers certainly aren't going to invite additional liability by repairing any of these features. If anyone does undertake a repair, remember this winter may be an El Nino winter, so be sure to minimize erosion potential or your repair may only last until mid-January.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    It's not an illegal trail, never has been.

It's almost certainly a local hiker / homeowner. A friend of mine rebuilt some stuff over the last week or so and yesterday found it torn down again.

Someone actually saw the person doing it and all they did was get a description? Way to help out. The a$$hole needs to know the riders aren't ever going to stop riding it and it actually makes me less inclined to be cautious around hikers. And there's a lot of less, shall we say "more restrained" riders here than myself that are looking for blood. If it's just one dude who's 5'8" he better seriously hope he's never caught in the act by one of those guys. The shovel in his hand won't help him out either.

mtbr member

Acting on any of the threats in ^this post^ will get us kicked off for sure. I get being angry but threatening physical violence is probably not the way to go.
    '14 Lenz Lunchbox

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kragu View Post
    Acting on any of the threats in ^this post^ will get us kicked off for sure. I get being angry but threatening physical violence is probably not the way to go.
    If your reading comprehension was up to snuff you would see I didnt make any threats whatsoever. I was simply stating I know of quite a few riders who ARE wanting to resort to violence.

So, we should probably do it your way. Soooo that was what again? If you see the guy on the trail give him a big high-five and say "thanks for your help up here buddy"?

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by IntenseMack10 View Post
    If your reading comprehension was up to snuff you would see I didnt make any threats whatsoever. I was simply stating I know of quite a few riders who ARE wanting to resort to violence.

So, we should probably do it your way. Soooo that was what again? If you see the guy on the trail give him a big high-five and say "thanks for your help up here buddy"?
    How bout you stop being so goddamn hostile? This guy making you "less inclined to be cautious" sounds like a threat to me, and I'm sure a defenseless hiker OR A RANGER would read this the same way.

There's not really a whole hell of a lot anyone can do, other than talk to the guy. You don't have a whole lot of recourse if you're building jumps on a trail where bikes aren't technically allowed (borderline, at best).
    '14 Lenz Lunchbox

mtbr member
    Such a fun trail, it's sad to see this happen. Thanks for posting!

mtbr member
    May 2006
    How bout you stop being so goddamn hostile? This guy making you "less inclined to be cautious" sounds like a threat to me, and I'm sure a defenseless hiker OR A RANGER would read this the same way.

There's not really a whole hell of a lot anyone can do, other than talk to the guy. You don't have a whole lot of recourse if you're building jumps on a trail where bikes aren't technically allowed (borderline, at best).
    No one's being hostile, except maybe you. If a heated discussion on the internet is too much for your delicate sensibilities maybe you should go ahead and back away from the keyboard there Internet forum warrior.

I find it interesting how you presume to know how hikers or rangers or anyone would read anything. But either way it wasnt a threat. Read whatever you want Into it though.

As I said it's not an illegal trail, nor "borderline". It's trail rights are the same as every other legal trail in SoCal: Mtn bikers are the red headed step children of trail users. Hikers and equestrians are whiney pansies and think they own the trails and think they make the rules for who can and can't ride "their" trails.

So moving on to what can be done: offering help is a great start but if you've been on the boards long enough you probably know that most of the people on here are all talk and no action. Start by organizing your core group to actually go out there. Even though it's summer and super dry if you get enough people out there to carry water out you can successfully rebuild the small jumps on the trail. Second the trail perp needs to be reminded that bikes have just as much right on the trail as he does. And if he wants to stand on the platform of jumps being illegal trail mods, those jumps have been there for years. Possibly before he even moved into the area. And his destruction is actually worse than the minimal building that goes on on this trail. He certainly hasn't made the trail unrideable which is likely what he was aiming for, simply less fun for us. So when it is made clear to him were not gonna stop riding it maybe he'll give up his crusade.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Hiker really messed it up last year.. rock still needs to be fixed. Doing a good job of fkucing it up

BTW one of the rangers that would patrol up and down the back side is @ 5'8 dark hair, won't post name but really cool, hands out cold water

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by IntenseMack10 View Post
    No one's being hostile, except maybe you. If a heated discussion on the internet is too much for your delicate sensibilities maybe you should go ahead and back away from the keyboard there Internet forum warrior.
    Well you are coming off like an aggro douchebag. You might want to take your own advice

mtbr member
    One thing is for certain, it ain't any of us with the top Strava times there, (Did I mention STRAVA sucks?? DID NOW!!) messing up the trail.

Already hear that there's a majority of riders ditching the bell for a loud "Tick Tock" wristwatch, ala Peter Pan....

If you are out there with tools and you ain't building, well then.... best hope you don't hear that sound coming atcha

That is all....

mtbr member
    Come on now..... smile on ya brotha!!

We all might "Want" to do many things, that's the point here. Question is, will you be one of those helping to rebuild?

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Well you are coming off like an aggro douchebag. You might want to take your own advice
    you are plain dumb....IntenseMack is right

you ever been on a trail and clotheslined by a wire, or rocks put on blind corners or trees put down on trails and you crash hard?? when that happens there is a lot of anger. Honestly, they guy probably be crawling down the hill. Mad moment anger is crazy when you been hurt in the past
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member

Two separate issues here - tearing down jumps is one thing, but putting big rocks in their place is quite another. The dude deserves serious ire for the safety issue - particularly if someone were to get hurt, but the destruction of jumps is a little less black and white.
    '14 Lenz Lunchbox

Glad to Be Alive
    Two separate issues here - tearing down jumps is one thing, but putting big rocks in their place is quite another. The dude deserves serious ire for the safety issue - particularly if someone were to get hurt, but the destruction of jumps is a little less black and white.
    for the dence.....lets put it this way.....you are at the beach and spend an hour building a sand castle and you stand away and admire it...and out of no where I come and jump and destroy everything....what are you going to do??? You just gonna say oh well or you going to be mad???

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS View Post
    for the dence.....lets put it this way.....you are at the beach and spend an hour building a sand castle and you stand away and admire it...and out of no where I come and jump and destroy everything....what are you going to do??? You just gonna say oh well or you going to be mad???
    Depends, is it illegal to build a sand castle?
    '14 Lenz Lunchbox

mtbr member
    Easy there with your potty mouth, your response doesn't help elevate your position or make your "Points" any more legit.

We all get that people are upset here over this, and there's lots of speculation obviously, what doesn't help is people spending their energy blasting each other, you or anyone else.

Remember, no one here knows you, nothing said is personal that you should take as such or get worked up about, we have enough work to do just fixing the trail.

Take the post from the author for what it is, a frustrated attempt to vent and hopefully find a solution, as opposed to a personal attack on you, or anyone else, (At least that was the original intent!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast