Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by kragu View Post
    Depends, is it illegal to build a sand castle?
    just what i thought...a pu$$y looking for excuses.....I am done talking with you...I won't talk with guys like you. You are the type that want to ride trails but never put in work. then you try and be righteous (oh were not suppose to build) typical hypocrite...

you didn't earn to ride it. you have no sweat and elbow grease.

.please do us all a favor and just go ride the beach path...your tax dollars paid for that...
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member

Trail Sabotage - Agoura Hills

Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS View Post
    just what i thought...a pu$$y looking for excuses.....I am done talking with you...I won't talk with guys like you. You are the type that want to ride trails but never put in work. then you try and be righteous (oh were not suppose to build) typical hypocrite...

you didn't earn to ride it. you have no sweat and elbow grease.

.please do us all a favor and just go ride the beach path...your tax dollars paid for that...
    Yikes, dude.

That's all I'm gonna say.
    '14 Lenz Lunchbox

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Yikes, dude.

That's all I'm gonna say.
    Yikes that you got called out? I'd bet money SMT is correct. How long have you been riding there? Have you ever spent any time helping to maintain the trail (or any others in the area for that matter?)

That last good rain we had, me and one other guy were out in the pouring rain rebuilding some of the berms that time and riding had taken their toll on. Rain is so infrequent here in SoCal, and yet I dont remember running into you there...hmm...

So, at this point, based on your attitude and comments I'd say you're one of two things: either a schill for the hikers just over here stirring the pot and pissing us off, or you're a crappy rider and don't hit the jumps or use the berms anyway, so trail ruined or not it makes no difference to you.

I know one things for sure: at least the hikers and equestrians are a united front and don't argue amongst themselves. This is how they manage to make the bikers out to be the bad guys and so often successfully get trail access to bikers blocked / revoked. Sadly the mtn biking community is full of imbeciles like you and evdog who do more harm than good for our cause.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Well you are coming off like an aggro douchebag. You might want to take your own advice
    And you're coming off like a weak little pansy who jumps into the middle of situations you werent involved in and adds nothing to the solution.

Given the choice I'd rather be aggro, but thats just me.

mtbr member
    I'm just gonna bow out of this one. CaliD is right, y'all don't know me, and I didn't sub this thread to be berated by a couple of blowhards.

OP, text me if you're planning on going out to work.

Peace, foolios.

mtbr member
    Good grief.... that's your addition to this thread?! Sounds like you don't contribute much to any of the trails you ride, regardless.

Hey, you wouldn't happen to be a short guy with dark hair, would you?

Enjoy those trails you do ride, (If you ride), and at least thank those that do the maintenance so you can at least ride at your skill level the best you can. Too many out there who only spend their energy talking and criticizing ignorantly, boasting seemingly supreme authority, if only behind a keyboard.

Bravo, Bro, Bravo, you are a hero to us all

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Cycle Shawn View Post
    No one should be digging holes or building jumps on the trails.

mtbr member
    You brought it on yourself, Homie.... gotta take responsibility for it, that's on you.

At least you are man enough to know when you're beat, and bowing out somewhat gracefully, safe riding over on space mountain and through Wildwood for ya, peace, kid.

I'm just gonna bow out of this one. CaliD is right, y'all don't know me, and I didn't sub this thread to be berated by a couple of blowhards.

Peace, foolios.

mtbr member

Beat nothin'. Just got better things to do!
    '14 Lenz Lunchbox

mtbr member
    May 2006
    So clearly you are the one that did it. exhibit A, you get hurt when someone states anger at a trail being ruined. exhibit B, this response.^

mtbr member
    Maybe him, but obviously not you......?? :/

Hey, you wouldn't happen to be a midget with black hair, would you...? (It's ok, you can tell me, I won't judge.)

If you just need a hug, and will stop messing up the trail and looking for attention here, hey, I'll take one for the team. Let me know, I can meet you out there

Beat nothin'. Just got better things to do!
    "Hate it or love it the underdog's on top, and I'm gonna shine, Homie, until my heart stops"

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Just finished my ride on this, haven't ridden there in a few weeks. Had no idea this happened logged in to see if any info and sure enough find this thread. Pretty much a huge bummer, I'd say 80% of the features are gone. There's some rock statues in the way in one spot still.

mtbr member
    Someone out there is really trying to make a point, let's all encourage him to step forward like a man.

Quote Originally Posted by xhailofgunfirex View Post
    Just finished my ride on this, haven't ridden there in a few weeks. Had no idea this happened logged in to see if any info and sure enough find this thread. Pretty much a huge bummer, I'd say 80% of the features are gone. There's some rock statues in the way in one spot still.
    "Hate it or love it the underdog's on top, and I'm gonna shine, Homie, until my heart stops"

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Hey folks. I rode it on Monday to check the scene and it is indeed jacked up. Mostly just features and no significant berm damage, which is good. Except the dude took some time trashing the big drop and subsequent berm. Good thing is he didn't make it all the way down to the last few jumps near the bottom.

I fixed up as much as I could with the loose and super dry dirt and moved any large obstacles out of the way. Hopefully, when it rains we can get out there and do some real repairs and rebuilding!

For what its worth, violence against people like this guy is about as useless as sand in the desert, it just fuels their sense of righteousness, as wrong as it may be. I think a relationship similar to Santa Barbara and Tunnels trail where the hiking and biking communities joined to create solutions to the problems each felt is the answer here. Solutions included free bells and signs noting multi-use trails, though a similar approach here may require some of the level headed amongst us attending a meeting or 2.

Have fun everyone and keep me in the loop when the digging starts.

mtbr member
    Wow, lot's of anger in this thread. I started it with the hope that people would be able to band together to get something done but instead some people need to resort to finger pointing, pretty sad. Anyhow, just like 420 said, we need to try and cooperate with each other if we want to make a change in attitude. I've done a **** ton of trail work over the years and have pretty much adopted the "make lemonade out of lemons" attitude, time the make the trail even better.

intensemack, my friend that saw the guy is nearly 50 years old and a prominent hollywood dentist, he's not the kind of person who's going to get physical, i don't see how beating somebody up is going to make anything better, pretty sure it would make the situation a lot worse.
    nothing witty here...

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by 2w4s View Post

intensemack, my friend that saw the guy is nearly 50 years old and a prominent hollywood dentist, .
    at least get a picture if it means going back to car and getting camera or camera/phone...that was his mistake for all
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Glad to Be Alive
    I
    I have heard the same lame story for years. the story goes text me next time you do work and I will help...then you text people and they say I can't, I am busy with a billion excuses.

again you are a fvcking hypocrite...why don't you man up and get your own group together and fix it????? or do it by yourself....drag a 5 gallon water jug up there. I have done that before and actually quanity four, 5 gallon jugs (20 gallons)...think about that....20 gallons weighs almost 170 pounds

why do you even have ask text me next time????? when something needs fixing I do it without anybody else....but that is me .....

so 2 types of people

1)those who do work without asking for texts and

2) fvcking pu$$y hypocrites who say they will help and never do

which one are you kragu because it look likes number 2

mtbr member

You need to check your rage, dude. It's pretty unbecoming for someone who described themselves (in person) as "an internet legend". Thanks for that laugh a couple of years ago, btw.

Nonetheless, despite your wholly obnoxious personality, some of your questions deserve a reply. Fact is, I've ridden here exactly three times, the first time having been about 6 weeks ago, the last about two weeks ago, right before OP's post. I'm trying to progress my riding, found this thread of interest, as well as the idea of giving back. I've cut back bushes on trails I ride that need it, but frankly, I don't know how to build a jump, and I'd rather learn with someone who does. I'm a noob, sue me. I really don't know what your problem is with someone willing to help... As for getting my own crew together, other than 2w4s, I don't know anyone who rides this trail.

The trails that I ride mostly don't require a crapload of work, but as I get better, I find myself on ones that do. I have a ton of time this summer, and I WILL be out with tools one way or another, despite what baseless assumptions you want to make about someone who is new to it all.

Look, SMT, the next time you want to work on HB (I know you ride out there) or any of the adjacent trails that require maintenance, I'll help out, even if it means having to deal with you. If not, I'll try and find someone else, or I'll build something that makes no sense, with the best of intentions.
    '14 Lenz Lunchbox

Glad to Be Alive
    Y
    Look, SMT, the next time you want to work on HB (I know you ride out there) or any of the adjacent trails that require maintenance, I'll help out, even if it means having to deal with you. If not, I'll try and find someone else, or I'll build something that makes no sense, with the best of intentions.
    that's the problem of reading instead of talking...misunderstandings...I re-read your post and you are pretty much said you would help out to to 2w4s ....I didn't like the black/white comment and some other things

I am angry. I am angry because 98% of guys just ride and never do work but mess up a lot of the hard work. I am angry with big rocks in the trail and crashing. I am angry with logs put across trail in between runs. but I should have read more clearly. So my apology.

BTW. I said infamous SMT...I didn't say an internet legend ha ha

mtbr member

Bro hugs.

I'm sure I could have articulated my points more clearly to avoid some of this crap - mtbring during work has its drawbacks.

Planning to ride HB today if anyone wants to join. Or we can head out to the trail in question, here.
    Last edited by kragu; 05-30-2014 at 10:44 PM.

mtbr member
    I have heard the same lame story for years. the story goes text me next time you do work and I will help...then you text people and they say I can't, I am busy with a billion excuses.
    Do you even read your own posts? No idea what you're like in person, but maybe you'd have better luck recruiting people to work with you if you didnt sound like such a condescending jerk online dude.
    definite malingerer

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by PerfectZero View Post
    Do you even read your own posts? No idea what you're like in person, but maybe you'd have better luck recruiting people to work with you if you didnt sound like such a condescending jerk online dude.
    all the guys I ride with ....do shovel time too

and I am a condescending jerk with people who say I will help and always have an excuse to bail...I should be....everyone makes excuses....they should be called out...if that makes me a jerk...so be it

you will always find me in the hills during or after a rain and sometimes before to get things ready for erosian control

mtbr member
    all the guys I ride with ....do shovel time too

and I am a condescending jerk with people who say I will help and always have an excuse to bail...I should be....everyone makes excuses....they should be called out...if that makes me a jerk...so be it

you will always find me in the hills during or after a rain and sometimes before to get things ready for erosian control
    Yeah, we get it by now. Your a *****en ass dude. No, I really mean that.

Here's what I don't get: if someone has the right to build jumps and other things on a public trial, doesn't someone else have the right to tear those things down, dig holes, place rocks as they see fit on that same public trail. I get that stinging a line across a trail or some other things is taking it to far. But really, other then that, how much damage can one or even a few people do to a trail? I ride almost exclusively on 1500 acres of private property. A place where I don't have to worry about sabotage. Even then, I know that every time I go around a corner, go down a steep shoot or whatever, that I have to be careful that there isn't something there that wasn't there before. If I run into something that wasn't there before, and I have plenty of times, that is entirely my fault. This concept is magnified infinitely on public trails. Especially if you know about sabotage. If on a public trail, you run into anything, a rock, a log, animal, hole, another rider, you have no one to blame but yourself, or share the blame with someone else. Because, you are either riding to fast for your abilities or your not giving yourself enough room for error for what you already know of the danger that may lie ahead. Public trails aren't race tracks with yellow flags to warn you of danger ahead of time. They are not streets with signs, signals and traffic rules to keep you safe. ****, even the streets aren't safe. Public trails are in the wild, where anything can happen at anytime. And it often does. You need to ride accordingly and have some respect for that fact. The trails don't belong to you, they belong to everyone.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 SC Nickel LT
    Incoming: 2008 Lotus Exige S 240
    '12 Toy FJ TT
    '05 Cooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

mtbr member
    ^^This is where I'm coming from. I get being pissed that someone tore down all the hard work it took to build, but the **** is public and **** happens. Placing rocks where jumps once were is a different matter entirely. There's malice in that act.

Also, I've never met someone who lives in that part of Agoura that I like.

mtbr member
    ^^This is where I'm coming from. I get being pissed that someone tore down all the hard work it took to build, but the **** is public and **** happens. Placing rocks where jumps once were is a different matter entirely. There's malice in that act.

Also, I've never met someone who lives in that part of Agoura that I like.
    Rocks are new obstacles. Learn to deal with them. Rocks sometimes roll of banks or hills onto a trail or road, especially after the fires. Some rocks are placed by people. It's all the same. I've had rocks take me out on my dirt bike and my MTN bike. ****, I had a rock take me out in a desert race at 100 mph, in a sand wash. However it got there, it was always my fault.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 SC Nickel LT
    Incoming: 2008 Lotus Exige S 240
    '12 Toy FJ TT
    '05 Cooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

mtbr member

Cool-blue Rhythm

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Cycle Shawn View Post
    Rocks are new obstacles. Learn to deal with them. Rocks sometimes roll of banks or hills onto a trail or road, especially after the fires. Some rocks are placed by people. It's all the same. I've had rocks take me out on my dirt bike and my MTN bike. ****, I had a rock take me out in a desert race at 100 mph, in a sand wash. However it got there, it was always my fault.
    Obviously, rocks are obstacles. Thanks for that!

The issue isn't just dealing with the trail as it comes - none of us have a choice in the matter in the moment. The problem is that the ONLY reason someone would put down a rock like that is to eff your sh!t up, maybe under the guise of "slowing you down". A rock falling on its own isn't the same thing. If lightning strikes your house and it burns down, thems the breaks and you deal with it. If a guy comes to your house and lights it on fire, it's another matter entirely.

That 100mph crash must have been gnarly. Glad you made it out okay!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast