I think I need to Upgrade

New question here. Trail Reccomendations?

I was wondering what and where are some good trails in the LA area, I will be out in LA during spring break for some mountain bikeing, and I was wondering what trails you guys would reccomend. I am looking for some XC trails that we could do 2-4 hour rides on. We aren't looking for extremely technical trails (got plenty of those here in AZ). Well anyway I am open to any and all reccomendations. We will be out there for about 5 days and want to get atleast 3 rides in.

cask conditioned

Hmm. Where to start?

Gabrieleno Trail from Red Box to JPL via Lower Merrill and Inspiration Pt. Chilao if there's no snow. The Santa Monica's: Big loop at Sycamore hitting Wood Cyn View, Guadalasco and others. Kanan Backbone. Will Rogers Backbone and the Eastern ridges and canyons (Sullivan, Westridge, Kenter). Cheseboro Cyn. So much more. You might want to spend a day down in Orange County too.

Page me before you come out here and I'll show you around.

Quote Originally Posted by endo verendo
    Gabrieleno Trail from Red Box to JPL via Lower Merrill and Inspiration Pt. Chilao if there's no snow. The Santa Monica's: Big loop at Sycamore hitting Wood Cyn View, Guadalasco and others. Kanan Backbone. Will Rogers Backbone and the Eastern ridges and canyons (Sullivan, Westridge, Kenter). Cheseboro Cyn. So much more. You might want to spend a day down in Orange County too.

Page me before you come out here and I'll show you around.

Hey man thanks for the info, we are going to be coming out on March 15 (Sat) for about 5 days, so I will definately keep you posted. That would be great if you could show us around. What is the weather like over there right now? What do you think it will be like in the middle of March (I am trying to figure out what type of riding gear to bring).

cask conditioned
    Quote Originally Posted by AzSpeedfreek
    Hey man thanks for the info, we are going to be coming out on March 15 (Sat) for about 5 days, so I will definately keep you posted. That would be great if you could show us around. What is the weather like over there right now? What do you think it will be like in the middle of March (I am trying to figure out what type of riding gear to bring).
    Heh. It went from sunny in the mid 70's to rainy in the 50's this week. Since anytime it drizzles the local news calls it a 'Storm Watch 2004' I think you'll be ok with regular jersey's but bring layers just in case. Basically it's always in or near the 70's unless until the late summer and fall when it's AZ hot.

March 15 is Monday, not Sat. I'll most likely be in AZ the 11-14 for AZSF. Was that the weekend you were coming out?

March 15 is Monday, not Sat. I'll most likely be in AZ the 11-14 for AZSF. Was that the weekend you were coming out?

Ooops had my dates mixed up we are leaving for LA on the 13th and will be there till the 17th.

cask conditioned
    Quote Originally Posted by AzSpeedfreek
    Ooops had my dates mixed up we are leaving for LA on the 13th and will be there till the 17th.

So I guess I could ride with you for a day or two. Maybe.

So I guess I could ride with you for a day or two. Maybe.

Well we are making our preparations for our spring break trip. If anyone wants to ride with us let me know, and we can try to set something up. If you use aim, my aim sn is speedfreek001, or send me an email.