Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Trail head on Tapo Cyn. Road in Simi Valley?

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  345948 
#1 ·
A couple hundred yards south of the Lost Cyn Road and Tapo Cyn. Road intersection there is a new trail head. I see people parked there all the time. Does anyone know anything about it? Are bikes allowed on it? I have a feeling it may make its way over the the Rocky Peak area. That would be a nice ride.

#7 ·
I did this today. To the mouth of Chivo Canyon and back is about 7 miles. Take a right at the fork at the top of the first hill to descend into Chivo. Down the hill a-ways then hang a left to climb up & over to Las Llajas... or so I'm told- I'll tackle that section next. The bottom of Chivo is slightly fun singletrack with intermittent sand.

#8 ·
Loops over from Tapo Canyon to the top of Yosemite. Doubletrack with some sandy rutted out spots when it crosses through the creek bed. There are some offshoots that take you up around the neighborhoods on the edge of Simi if you poke around. Good way to get from the middle of the valley to Las Llajas with just a quick run down Yosemite.

There are some pools of oil and rusted out mining equipment out there too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.