Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Trail Conditions in Thousand Oaks Area?

852 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  NoCoMTB 
#1 ·
Hey SoCal MTBR's,

Traveling to Thousand Oaks from Colorado over the holidays and I've heard there's been a lot of rain in the area lately. How are the trail conditions? I've been debating whether or not to try to make room in the car for my road bike too if the trails are likely going to be soup. Any input?

Thanks!

#2 ·
Actually, the Los Robles trail network generally is one of the better places to ride after a rain. I rode there last weekend and it was fine, and we've not had much rain since. I suspect it will be quite nice out there right now. Most of the area in fact should be.

#5 ·
Sycamore canyon trails in Point Mugu State Park are in fantastic shape. Just enough rain to make them perfect to ride.

Have fun!
Rode the trails in Palo Comado and Cheeseboro Canyons, everything is in great shape! A few small mud puddles, nothing more. As jbbikerider said, it was just enough rain to make them perfect for riding.

We do have rain predicted for Monday (not a sure thing). Most trails shouldn't be ridden right after a rain, though the Los Robles trail is pretty good if it's not too wet.

#7 ·
I rode the Cheeseboro Area two days ago. Cheeseboro Area Trail Map and Descriptions I rode Palo Comado to Sheep Corral, down Sulphur Springs and back up Modelo back to Palo Comado and it was fine. Some spots had water, but there was room to easily go around it. 11 miles of really good trail surfaces.There have been enough riders through there already that it's packing down the trail in spots and making it really smooth. :thumbsup:

No problems.

Horses have gone in on Modelo Trail on the west side and chewed up the trail.They rode it too early. It's still rideable, just mottled and bumpy if going downhill to the west..

Rain is due on Sunday night...

Cheers

SoCal Rod

#8 ·
Hey thanks for the feedback everyone! Really glad to hear the trail reports. I'm pretty familiar with Los Robles and Sycamore/Point Magu... Where is Cheeseboro and Palo Comado? Haven't ridden those yet, would love to see some more of the local trails while I'm out that way!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.