Thread: Trail advice?

yohyatt
    Mar 2009

Trail advice?

I'll be in town during Valentine's Day weekend with my girlfriend and we are making this a mountain bike trip (Believe it or not it was her idear...)

I don't think she could handle more than 2 out of the 3 days on the bike, so it would be great if I could get some advice on some trails to hit up.

We generally like intermediate 3-5 hour rides - with 2,000 - 4,000 feet of climbing, and as much single track as possible (of course!!) If we could get on a trail that wasn't trafficed that much that would be awsome. we don't mind driving - incase the trails are remote or spread out.

Any recommendations would be so so much appreciated. I put a call into the 3f bike club and waiting on a return from them. Hoping to get various opinons.

mtbr member
    The answers will probably depend on where you guys are staying. Traffic makes getting from one end of SoCal to the other pretty rough sometimes.

yohyatt
    Mar 2009
    Yeah - good point! I guess I left that out. Was thinking about somewhere in Orange county.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Yeah I was thinking that a lot of the better trails in Kern might be snowed under.

Where are you from?

yohyatt
    Mar 2009
    Im from Oakland

I'm your density
    I missed this one with my gang in Dec. but heard it was awesome. Seems to meet your criteria.

http://www.mountainbikebill.com/san_juan.htm