mtbr member
    Dec 2008

Trabuco Cyn to Newport?

Looking for an all or mostly dirt route from the bottom of Trabuco Canyon to Newport Beach or thereabouts. Know of any trails that would get me there or mostly there?

Junior flyer
    Jun 2010
    Well...I think about the best you could do is go through O'Neil and take the Arroyo Trabuco Trail to San Juan Capistrano. From there you'd have to take pavement to Aliso Woods, cross the 133 to Laguna Coast, and down through El Moro to Newport. It would be a pretty fun ride!
    Why?

Because we like the taste of freedom; because we like the smell of danger. ~ E. Abbey

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtvert View Post
    Well...I think about the best you could do is go through O'Neil and take the Arroyo Trabuco Trail to San Juan Capistrano. From there you'd have to take pavement to Aliso Woods, cross the 133 to Laguna Coast, and down through El Moro to Newport. It would be a pretty fun ride!
    Thanks. I look forward to exploring.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    dv knows his way around...

An alternate is to pick up the Santa Ana River Trail in Orange or thereabout. Makes it more of a road ride, but you can get to north NB from Orange along the river with no riding in traffic.