Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Green Mojo

Top 3 Trails in San Diego

I ride all over San Diego and I want to make sure I have not missed any of the best trails. I certainly have my favorites in the county and was wondering what you consider to be the THREE BEST TRAILS IN SAN DIEGO???

bikerneil

mtbr member
    I guess will depend of type of riding but I'm sure Noble will be one of them, I like Cuyamaca Grand Loop and Sycamore but I heard a lot of nice things about La Costa.

Silence and Thunder...
    the Silver Strand bike lane is nice.....

...every day sends future to past...

Go Fast, Take Chances.
    Seriously, if you haven't ridden in Chula Vista you need to come down and check it out. I am off all this week, PM me and I will show you.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Jonathan, if the trails aren't too wet this weekend, I wouldn't mind getting the tour of Chula Vista.

Go Fast, Take Chances.
    You can show up on Sunday at 0800 at the Performance on Bonita Rd. I will not be there as my wife is out of town for the next few weeks. If you want to go Thursday or Friday during the day let me know. Either way, you can just show up on Sunday and go with whoever is there. Later.

Rollin' on dub-6's
    Noble is by far the best trail I've ridden in SD County. But I'm definitely looking to expand my options, now that the Del Mar Mesa is closed down. What's up with Sweetwater? Any good? I wouldn't even know where to go down in the South Bay

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerneil
    I ride all over San Diego and I want to make sure I have not missed any of the best trails. I certainly have my favorites in the county and was wondering what you consider to be the THREE BEST TRAILS IN SAN DIEGO???

bikerneil
    For epic style loops i'd say tour de noble, cuyamaca grandtour w/middle peak and cuyamaca peak, and theperfectcyclingtrail.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Splack
    Noble is by far the best trail I've ridden in SD County. But I'm definitely looking to expand my options, now that the Del Mar Mesa is closed down. What's up with Sweetwater? Any good? I wouldn't even know where to go down in the South Bay
    Sweetwater is as good as ever, like jonathan_sykes81 said, if you get a chance to come down to the Chula Vista/Bonita area try one of the group rides on sundays, you'll be surprised.

Rollin' on dub-6's
    Sweetwater is as good as ever, like jonathan_sykes81 said, if you get a chance to come down to the Chula Vista/Bonita area try one of the group rides on sundays, you'll be surprised.
    What style of riding is Sweetwater? Would I bring my all-mountain ride or my rigid singlespeed?

mtbr member
    Lots of short climbs and down, all single tracks but not technical, a nice xc ride is from the Sweetwater Summit Park to the Steel Bridge in Rancho San Diego:
    http://www.mountainbikebill.com/sweetwater.htm

Also if you do some searching on this forum there has being some nice pictures posted lately.
    Last edited by bajamtnbkr; 05-06-2008 at 11:01 PM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Big Laguna trail and all of it's variations.
    Water, pines, and single track that meanders everywhere.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Neil:

My hands-down favorites have always been Noble Cyn with Big Laguna meadow area thrown in, and the Grand Loop in Cuyamaca Park. There certainly is great riding to be had at Sweetwater, Mission Trails and Daley Ranch but my preference is for the little higher-elevation mountain rides.

You certainly live in an area with lots of great ride options!

Eric Barrett

endorphin addict
    Aug 2007
    Sycamore cyn with the new switchbacking singletrack section is now one of my favorites, we did 20 miles there sunday with over half of it on tight and twisty singletrack.

dft
    mtbr member
    TW, WC, freeride trail(location a secret)

and SD is not a great riding spot, very limited. try BC, hundreds of trails all better than SDs best trail by a mile.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    which is closest to Escondido? I'll be down there in August...(ideally a 1-2 hour ride since I'll be with the family)

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by dft
    TW, WC, freeride trail(location a secret)
    and SD is not a great riding spot, very limited. try BC, hundreds of trails all better than SDs best trail by a mile.
    I need to know...pm me
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

"Ride Lots" - Eddie Mercx
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbdan
    which is closest to Escondido? I'll be down there in August...(ideally a 1-2 hour ride since I'll be with the family)
    Daley Ranch is in Escondido. that'd be your best option.

YR

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by BushPilot
    Sycamore cyn with the new switchbacking singletrack section is now one of my favorites, we did 20 miles there sunday with over half of it on tight and twisty singletrack.
    Where is the new switchback section? I have not been out there in months it sounds like its time to check it out.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    i rode rice canyon in chula vista for the first time this past weekend. nice flowing single track. well kept trails.

Lord of the Chainrings
    1. Noble
    2. Anderson
    3. ???
    "Hesitation is the Mother of Failure!"

~~ 951 for Dirt & Roadster for Asphalt ~~

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    The Chula Vista, Bonita,Sweetwater and Otay Lakes area is much bigger than most people think. The earlier posters who mentioned the group rides out of Performance are right.Also there are rides on Tues. and Thurs. that leave at 3:30 from Performance. They aren't connected with Performance they just use the parking lot at a staging area.That group knows trails that aren't public knowledge. They do insist that you wear a helmet.Until you ride with them you won't have any idea of the variety and quality of trails they have.

ROBOTIC RESERVE
    My Top Three

1. Noble Canyon
    2. BLT
    3. Sweetwater.
    Captain's Rides
    2008 Turner 5.Spot Raw - Pushed RP23 / Pike 454 U-Turn
    2008 Turner Highline GDO - CCDB / Fox 40

dft
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Acende
    The Chula Vista, Bonita,Sweetwater and Otay Lakes area is much bigger than most people think. The earlier posters who mentioned the group rides out of Performance are right.Also there are rides on Tues. and Thurs. that leave at 3:30 from Performance. They aren't connected with Performance they just use the parking lot at a staging area.That group knows trails that aren't public knowledge. They do insist that you wear a helmet.Until you ride with them you won't have any idea of the variety and quality of trails they have.
    whatever works for you. we all have different tastes. i like freeride/technical trails or very large epic vertical drops(3000 foot minimum elevation change). i have ridden in that area and explored there, the trails do nothing for me. but i am glad others like them alot, that is what matters.

CEB
    No horse'n round
    Sycamore, it's more than a trail.......it's a network!

I think it is a XC lycra clad paradise with over 50 miles of various trails ( I seldom wear lycra).

It's close to home and can be a different ride if ones uses their imagination and combines the various trails.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast