Klunkin' Ain't Easy.

The Tipping Point - San Diego Premieres! May 28th and 29th

The San Diego Mountain Bike Association and New Belgium Brewing are at it again! Clay Porter's new film, The Tipping Point is coming to San Diego.

To accommodate nearly everyone we are utilizing two separate venues this time.

Thursday May 28th will be a 7:00 PM show at the Landmark Hillcrest Cinemas, 3965 5th Avenue, San Diego, CA 92103 at 7:00 PM

Friday May 29th will be at the usual Midnight show at Landmark Ken Cinema in Kensington. 4061 Adams Avenue, San Diego 92116

As usual, plan on a raffle, shwag, and BEER! This year's raffle is gonna be pretty badass, Can you say "BIKE"?

Tickets will be $15.00, and will be available online at SDMBA.com and at the theater the night of the show.

Please, help us help you! If you have been to one of these shows with us I can nearly guarantee you had a great time. Tell your friends about these shows. Tell people you don't know. Talk about it online, twitter, tweeter, bleeper, whatever. Get involved. We don't all have time to get out and volunteer. We understand. The easy way to help is to come out and bring all your riding buddies. Who knows, you might even win something really cool. I hope to see you there.

Ride On.

Last edited by sjordan72; 05-25-2009 at 11:53 PM.
    Obviously, you're not a golfer.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    hey this might be a stupid ass question, but is this an all ages event? I olny ask because they are serving beer

Klunkin' Ain't Easy.

Show

Quote Originally Posted by pablo4429
    hey this might be a stupid ass question, but is this an all ages event? I olny ask because they are serving beer
    Not a stupid question. Thanks.

It will be an all ages show. We will be checking ID.

Lord of the Chainrings
    North County showing?
    "Hesitation is the Mother of Failure!"

~~ 951 for Dirt & Roadster for Asphalt ~~

Klunkin' Ain't Easy.

North County

Not yet. Maybe at the OC Tavern. I need to work that out. Waiting on a call back from the GM. I am open to ideas for venues and any assistance. I will not do La Paloma, sorry. I can't work with their pricing program. This is really a lot of work, putting the shows together and I am pretty much swamped. I just did Freedom Riders, Veer is coming up, and am working on getting Days of Dirt here too. Any help would be appreciated. I don't mean to sound like a whiner, but I just don't have any other contacts in North County.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    North County Host? Try checking in with Hensley's Flying Elephant PubnGrill in Carlsbad. The place has a large back room which could work for screenings and has hosted several for the skate / surf industry.
    It would be great to see some bike culture hit the NC.

Klunkin' Ain't Easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by FLETCHLIVES
    North County Host? Try checking in with Hensley's Flying Elephant PubnGrill in Carlsbad. The place has a large back room which could work for screenings and has hosted several for the skate / surf industry.
    It would be great to see some bike culture hit the NC.
    I'll try and get up there and take a look. Just FYI, hosting a showing isn't difficult, just time consuming. The rights to show this film are available to anyone. I would help out anyone who wanted to get a NC showing going.

Klunkin' Ain't Easy.

Bike Raffle is on!

Just added! SDMBA will be raffling a Black Market Three57 at the San Diego Tipping Point premieres! Tickets from both shows will be combined into a grand raffle and the winner will be announced on SDMBA.com and can pick the bike up at Beyond Bikes! There will be a secondary raffle/swag giveaway at each show as well, so lots of you should go home with some cool stuff, as well as having seen an amazing film.

Liaison
    A cool movie and a bike? Dang that's hot. I'm there.
    SDMBA Liaison, Sycamore Canyon/Goodan Ranch Open Space Preserves

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    hey one more question,
    will tickets be sold at the door or only pre-sell?
    thanks

Klunkin' Ain't Easy.

Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by pablo4429
    hey one more question,
    will tickets be sold at the door or only pre-sell?
    thanks
    Updated the page. They will be available online and at the show. Thanks!

Klunkin' Ain't Easy.
    Last nights show was awesome. The film was great and the crowd was even better. Thanks all who came and I hope for the usual rowdy party people tonight! Lots of room left for the raffle, so come on out and get involved!