Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    "Z"
    mtbr member

is there any riding in Kenneth Hahn?

It's in Culver City I think, on my way to and from work. Seems like a decent amount of open space. It would be great if there was a loop in there I could do as an after-work ripper! But I've never seen it mentioned on the forums.

Anyone know?

mtbr member
    B/C you might get mugged there! Dat place is in da hood, G.

I'm such a fox
    I'm familiar with that place, as Bumblebee man on the Simpsons would say, "No es bueno".

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Peru
    pretty bad
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    no real trails.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    well thats not all true NOW!!!... we got a bunch of DH lines in da HOOD!! and u dont need a Gloock 9 to go hit the trails up there its above the Jungles of L.A. but the OG's dont like gettin their wht shoes and T's all dirty LMAO so if you want to ride look out for me or any other that ride there if you look like a real ridda they we might show all the lines check out Youtube under mongooseman310 got a few vd.s of the DH line there havent got time to load anything here just yet

Team Fearless Descender
    CLOSE to Culver City, but not in it. Los Angeles.

Crazy that this USED to be there. If you study Google Maps (or other current maps) you can figure out where this used to be. All filled in with dirt now. I got a chance to see it a few years before work on the park started.

Baldwin Hills Dam
    "...when your ride is nearly over, it seems to have lasted but an instant..."

Stuff

mtbr member
    Jul 2012

what's on these link theres nothing about Kenneth Hahn

Quote Originally Posted by El Salt View Post

Crazy that this USED to be there. If you study Google Maps (or other current maps) you can figure out where this used to be. All filled in with dirt now. I got a chance to see it a few years before work on the park started.

[Baldwin Hills Dam[/COLOR][/B][/URL]
    @ Salt ,these are not realated to any DH mnt biking Lines that are up there ont got enough post to post a Vid. yet cheeck out Youtube"s Mongooseman310 theres video of Kenneth hahn mnt DH /FR Lines theres like 4 drops lots of Berms a wall ride inside a gullie to a Hipper and ride rest of gullie to parking lott there is 3 lines that branch out @the half way and 3 more lines that are dirrect no splits from th top

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by El Salt View Post

Baldwin Hills Dam[/COLOR][/B][/URL]
    i take it you have'nt been there since you seen the county work on that site thats been ages LOL!.. should go take a peek we got some kool DH/FR lines about 1:30 - about a good 2 min. ride down and big XC loop from old side of park to the new side could get a good 6 mile loop out of that and good down hill you earn from the climb up

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    The only riding I've seen at Kenneth Hahn Park is lowriding

I took my lowrider there for a picnic once.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    How do you upload a video from phone to post on this site? Anyone a lil help

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    You burned this place gooseman310 with talking about the park too much on web ,that is why the city recently rolled the bulldoser , every trail we build from, heart and sweat . Shame on you

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Yep, this excessive talk, draws attention to an area, ultimately leading to sanitizing.....

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by miguel View Post
    You burned this place gooseman310 with talking about the park too much on web ,that is why the city recently rolled the bulldoser , every trail we build from, heart and sweat . Shame on you
    Burned u da last to talk or blogg about heart and sweat man u and a shovel dont get along or u wouldnt know what to do with one plus they been bring down stuff b4 that and b4 those lines ever where estabished just remembered who started a real obstical there to even say heart and sweat leave that to the real peps that left heart and sweat and had blisters in their hands and hauling water up hill , whitch u never really did I just leave it at that cuz u know what and who im reffering too

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Why would the city bulldoze? Why do you folks think the Gooseman from the 310 is at fault?

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Doe Boy View Post
    Why would the city bulldoze? Why do you folks think the Gooseman from the 310 is at fault?
    the park bulldozed what they said wasnt part of the park legal trails whitch they more likely walk around mark whats leagal on paper take notes and they always bulldozed or flaten anything that always not suppose to be there and all i did was film myself post it like anyother rider filming there run down a few lines and now its all my fualt shhhhiiii!!!!..stuff happens, im feeling sad too now thats its all gone too but thats life when parks dont approve of stuff they didnt want or beggeniers to get recked on so now its all on me for posting a video it was bound to happen even if i posted or not posted videos so im droping the conversation to that note it would of happen anywhere that DH trails aint wanted since cali is so DH trail friendly we're limited to stay close and that was a dimond in the Ruff in L.A.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    I rode their on Tuesday , to asset the damage of the trail's.As I was off my bike looking at a trail we called bottled caps, who roll's up behind me, on a surprise mode.,you got it the Park Supervisor !
    Holy **** ! He was pretty cool and telling me that the trails were not authorized and then he mention that he received email's in regards to videos posting on you tube from a mongooseman310 splatting in his comments about how he build the trail's ect... you fool

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    They know what you & your bike looks like now from the video's.I would recommend stay away for awhile
    dude on the real...

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    [QUOTE=miguel;9836095]They know what you & your bike looks like now from the video's.I would recommend stay away for awhile
    dude on the real...[/Q/dont need to stay away theres nothing on youtube that says anything about anyone or me taking credit or showing anyone doing anything , just a big bluff someone yapped to him, go on youtube there aint such comments so dont know where he comming out with that he got nothing and no proof of anyone holding a shovel , just me simply riding on a trail that was made and that I rode on so he can hit me up when im up there kicking up some dust

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Peru View Post
    This is pretty awful about 100 different ways. BUT, one definitely cannot ride down the multi-use trails. It's crazy-busy on the weekends and some of the upper trails are busy all the time, so not a great place to ride downhill. As another post alludes to, the bowl at the top is good power training, but busy most of the time.

During the week, the lower park is quiet. I rode 'cross there once a week, during the week in the evening, in and around about the "Girl Scout Forest" or whatever it's called by the entrance and it was great training. Park workers were a-ok with my loop. Maybe they were looking the other way, but I that park was GREAT for speed training, not a downhill place.

I can't find a link, but I'm on the email list for multi-use trail expansion that they are working on right now. It seems the politics of the park just don't accomodate operationally being a multi-use park. FWIW, the expansion is mostly to tie the park to the Ballona bike trail..

mtbr member
    i just met a dude on the Expo line with nice DH rig. I asked where he DH's at and he mentioned this spot so i was impressed because that place is always crowded with hikers. I told him theres a Mnt Wilson shuttle and he sounded very interested. Think id rather shuttle up and fly down a 6,000 foot secluded trail than a hill filled with tourists.....but shuttle costs $$ and isnt close.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by CabezaShok View Post
    i just met a dude on the Expo line with nice DH rig. I asked where he DH's at and he mentioned this spot so i was impressed because that place is always crowded with hikers. I told him theres a Mnt Wilson shuttle and he sounded very interested. Think id rather shuttle up and fly down a 6,000 foot secluded trail than a hill filled with tourists.....but shuttle costs $$ and isnt close.
    true , but when gass is like 5$ a gal. and u just wanted to get some riddin near the Hood or if u just got out of work this place was Great till they ripped all the Berms a nice drop small jumps a Wall ride to a hipper so you had alil bit of everything in this lil hill now its back to SD/XC no more Kool stuff like it was for like the last 7yrs , now yeah mnt willson JPL would be a better ride if u got the time to get up there or could get a shutle run with dave or friends then u get like 2hrs of DH . but the hike a bike in da Hood was a kool dimond in the ruff for the time it was there and those who got a chance to ride it when everything was still there

Live 2 Ride & Ride 2 Live
    yeah there aren't any gnarly DH lines going on but sounds like the original poster just wanted to know if there was any riding here at all. the answer is definitely. it's a great place to get an after-work ride in. mainly xc with rollers and quick decent sections. this time of year when the days are longer is the best time to take advantage of it. not sure why everyone is claiming this to be 'in the hood' ...it's nowhere close to being as bad as that label sounds. if you want a quick look on just how useful and lovely these hidden hills in the middle of a concrete jungle are, give it a quick Yelp. there are even a couple GoPro vids of KHP on YouTube.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    In SoCal, it's futile to get attached to unofficial "social trails", because sooner or later they all get done in by the 'dozer blade. Or set aside as "pristine" wild land to mitigate the development of land all around it.

Funny how the people who scream the loudest to close off trail access are often linked directly to the people who profited from the other land being sold and developed.

I seen too much of this already, and I'm afraid that I'll see more, as long as there is undeveloped canyon and mesa land out there. It's all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$ when you get down to it.
    Re-Cycled Person who rides a mountain bicycle.

Live 2 Ride & Ride 2 Live
    here are a couple shots of KHP. hope nothing ever happens to the trail riding here because it's so convenient for me to get a ride in after work. just a 10 minute drive compared to 30 to 40 (not including L.A. traffic) minutes to other popular trail heads.

is there any riding in Kenneth Hahn?-20130120_122943.jpg
    is there any riding in Kenneth Hahn?-kennethhahn-1-.jpg

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast