mtbr member
    Dec 2005

test track in castaic

ive been thinking about doing the test track iabovecastaic lake but i dont no if its still open or how fun it will be
    anyone no any info about it

kneecap
    Dec 2003
    It's fun once or twice. That course is just that, a race/track course. I don't get " I'm out in the wilderness" feel there that I like. Be careful where you park, a friend got a ticket parking on the road instead of in the lake parking lot.

Stray Bullet
    What kind of a trail is it? XC, DH, etc.

Samsonite Tester
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagaredama
    What kind of a trail is it? XC, DH, etc.
    xc stuff and an old WC DH run. Not worth a long drive .
    Yeah I gotta question. You got any excuses tonight Roy ? -Antonio Tarver

There is room for it all, just ride what you like to on what you like to...that's freeriding. -rbn14

R.I.P. DogFriend
    There are a few XC routes around the area and that can include the DH course at the end of the ride. Nothing too hairy (my son rode it at 8 years old), but is fun if you consider it as a fun XC run.

It's the closest trails to where I live so I have been there several times over the years. If you are going to park outside the entrance to avoid paying to park inside, go far enoiugh up past the entrance to the point where the signs no longer prohibit parking. It's not that much further up the road. Maybe 100 yards or so the last time I parked there.

Regards,
    Jeff

mtbr member
    i thought "Test Track" was above the back bay, not above the main lake or park. Its got huge jumps and stuff.

The XC course above the main lake is okay, if you go counter clock wise, the best part is the DH from Green box to the parking lot.

Glad to Be Alive
    ask about the Answer "Test Track" south Castaic
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Zip
    Joe Dirt Status
    Quote Originally Posted by scottay
    i thought "Test Track" was above the back bay, not above the main lake or park. Its got huge jumps and stuff.

The XC course above the main lake is okay, if you go counter clock wise, the best part is the DH from Green box to the parking lot.

Word! The test track is north of Castaic. Go north on I-5 exit Templin Hwy,then go east. Park one car here, shuttle up road (unknown name) about 4 miles above Templin. Trail begins to your left side (east side of road).

Zip
    Joe Dirt Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS

Is that Tapia?

mtbr member

bingo

Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    don't know if anything has changed but last time we hit up the trail (about a year ago) we spent the whole day doing trail work (rebuilding jumps that had worn to nothing and washed out trails) and had to drive back out the next day to ride it, and haven't been back since. would be interested to find out if anybody is still riding out there?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zip
    Is that Tapia?
    Sounds like it....or he just got North & South confused! lol

R.I.P. DogFriend
    Tapia Canyon is just south of the Castaic Sports Complex over by the animal shelter. Templin Hwy. is about seven miles north of Castaic as you are climbing up the start of the Grapevine.