mtbr member
    Nov 2007

New question here. Temecula Race-- anybody going this weekend 4/12 ?? (Vail Lake - racersandchasers.com)

Anybody going to this race on Saturday (4/12)?

I dont see any talk about it, so it must be a smaller race. It'll be my first race, and just thought I'd try and gain some input/feedback about this course/event.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I think I might try it out this sat. I have'nt raced for 2 years, so it will almost be like starting over, even though I have been racing since 1984.
    The event is very small but the promoter is really behind it, this series should take off, I cant see why it would'nt.
    I believe the courses change every race, but the trails around Vail Lake are pretty cool.
    If this is your first race, it would be a great place to start.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    I've been to 4 of these so far. I think there is usually 15+ racers each time, it seems to be growing. It is a cool series, people are there to hang out and have fun.

The course is great, IMO. I really like Vail and the variation in trails from week to week make it more challenging.

See ya there!

mtbr member
    Dec 2005

XC start time 9am!!!!

I will be out there this weekend(of course). It has been a great way for riders to get back into the swing of things, we like to keep it low key. It is just a ton of fun without being super anal about the finish times. We are still doing awards and hole shot award and so on but the focus is on having a great time and riding some new trails.

Hope to have you guys out this weekend and it will be a great time!

Just as a reminder our XC start time is now 9am and Super D is still at 1pm

Robert Herber
    RacersandChasers.com

mtbr member

Good job! Hey Robert (Bobert) HEHE

Just a big shout out to Bobby - Great job on the xc at Phoenix!
    For all you on the fences about Roberts races. These are great local races to attend and get your feet wet. It is great to see a local Pro racer giving back to the bike community. Rob I support your events 110% and look for a bright "racers and Chasers future! Rock on!!!
    Jason
    SOCAL'S #1 ENDURANCE MTB EXPERIENCE
    www.12hrsoftemecula.com

ocd
    mtbr member
    May 2007

It is a great thing at Vail

I have only made it up for one race in the racers and chasers series but it was a great deal. (kids, job, all that ******** keeps me in San Diego a lot)

Above all, get out there and support something fairly close to home by racing (or just riding).

Vail Lake is a fun place that I was exposed to just when getting back into riding, Robert seems to have worked a lot on the trails and improved things even more bringing it closer to a premier MTB place (as has the ranoclan putting on the 12 hours)

I saw some races in Sacramento (prarie city) that had like 300+ registered riders!!! Imagine if we had that kind of support for XC in Southern California!

That kind of support and we could probably like, convince someone trails are important and stuff (that was my obligatory MTV dialect for the younger crowd)

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I think that I am going to come to the race this Saturday. It will be my first race. I am exited and nervous about it. What should i expect. I just don't want to get laughed at for being so slow and lame. I am 23 year old beginner, are there others like me or is it all people who have been riding for a long time.