Thread: temecula area

mtbr member
    Aug 2010

temecula area

hey guys, new to the scene looking to buy my first bike, but i would like to test ride some bikes on trails and not in the parking lot of the retail shop. does anyone know of any shops around temecula, murrieta, hemet or beaumont that rents bikes? Any tips on some good beginner trails would be appreciated too, thank you for your time.

mtbr member
    SRP in Murrieta..

mtbr member
    http://www.socaltrailriders.org/foru...y=2010-8-4&c=2

This is a link to a local demo of Ellsworth bikes at Jensen's , here you can ride the bikes in the dirt . Also if you check websites of most bike manufacturing companies , you will find when and where they have demo's set up .

upcoming Ellsworth, Yeti demos at Jenson USA Another link to same demo also mentions Yeti bikes .

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Visit Cycopath off Rancho California where the Shell station is. Ask for Lauren the mountain bike guy. I think I heard them say they rent bikes out. There are some good clearance bikes if your looking at the $2k range.

Check out Santa Rosa Plateau, Vail lake, Indian Truck Trail, Monte Vista.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    2nd vote for psychopath on Rancho California Rd. Santa Rosa Plateau is good for beginners. Check out geoladders.com and search for rides starting near Temecula.

mtbr member
    Visit I.E. Bikes in Murrieta for demos, too.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Simpson park in Hemet.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    this time of year it is hard to beat good riding up in Idyllwild. Turner bikes does a demo every now and then up at Hurkey Creek.

call up Turner bikes and see if they have a demo for you. they are great people.

Naturally Organic
    +1 Cyco Path. They have demo bikes. You can ride any bike you like for any reasonable length of time. Talk to Loren and let him know what bike you are interested in. They'll hold your I.D. &/or CC and you have your pick...they also are having some killer closeouts. If you ride Medium, you have some choices.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    i cant belive i forgot about cyco path, i used to ride there back in the day when i was dirt jumping in highschool, will def check them out again now

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Uno
    Visit Cycopath off Rancho California where the Shell station is. Ask for Lauren the mountain bike guy. I think I heard them say they rent bikes out. There are some good clearance bikes if your looking at the $2k range.

Check out Santa Rosa Plateau, Vail lake, Indian Truck Trail, Monte Vista.
    wow, idk if its becasue im a noob or becasue im cheap, but 2k range and clearance just dont go together well for me lol

thank you everyone that has posted here giving me ideas of were to go

mtbr member
    Tonight San Juan shuttle. 8pm, meet at CDF fire station.

Bring lights..water.,should be fun...