Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    jej
    Jay The Hill
    May 2007

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Ted Williams: wet season update

We figured with the recent rain we would throw out a freindly reminder:

So basically the trails we all enjoy at Ted Williams fall on DFG (Department of Fish and Game) land, City of San Diego land as well as privately owned land.
    Since there is no approved legal trail system there, building trails and/or stunts and features on ANY of these properties and even riding a mountainbike there is illegal.
    When we (MTB LOCOS) stepped in earlier this year, the land management agencies were planning on posting and officially closing the land down.
    (Seriously, no joke....the plan was to completely close and enforce by end of 09!)

As it currently stands, MTB LOCOS is;
    - working with the DFG and have agreed to perform habitat restoration to clean up some of the mess built by us riders there...and basically as long as we work with the DFG, they will work with us.
    - we have also made contact and are continuously making progress with the City of San Diego (to propose a trail plan for the portion of the trails that land on City property). Our long term goal with this is to get some legal DH trails on the City portion.

IF WE WANT TO KEEP THIS MOMENTUM GOING, IT IS REALLY IMPORTANT THAT THERE IS NO BUILDING WHATSOEVER OF ANY NEW TRAILS OR STUNTS/FEATURES AT TED WILLIAMS OR IT WILL MOST CERTAINLY JEOPARDIZE THE CURRENT ACCESS WE HAVE AS WELL AS LONG TERM SUCCESS FOR THE TRAILS THERE.

We will also be closing some unused trails, implementing some erosion control and restoring the habitat where it's needed, (before doing that, we'll call a meeting that I strongly recommend everyone attends so nobody gets upset over any closures of their favorite trails, this will be your opportunity to voice your opinion as to what trails get closed down and which ones don't).

******IMPORTANT******For now, please respect the closures, keep it clean and we'll be able to continue to enjoy this place in the future.
    And if you see anyone building trails or stunts, please remember that you need to stop them and explain to them why they cant be doing that right now and how it will most definitely ruin any chance we have of keeping the trails at Ted Williams ride-able.
    Remember that for this place to have any chance of staying open, it has to have some order.

Thanks to all for your support.
    www.mtblocos.com
    Last edited by jej; 12-09-2009 at 02:14 PM.

Single(Pivot)and Happy
    So DFG doesn't have a problem with your message? That's pretty informal. Good job guys.
    The suspension of your bike sucks if it's different than mine. Really. It sucks. Big time.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006

Smile Thanks

........for the clarifications JEJ
    Last edited by rathbone; 12-09-2009 at 11:14 PM. Reason: update

ocd
    mtbr member
    May 2007

Crop Dusting Magistrate
    Sep 2005
    Please state who, what and your non-profit status (c3-501) for MTB LOCOS.

I never heard of this "trail advocacy group".

we have reached and informal agreement - OK
    It wasn't me

jej
    Jay The Hill
    May 2007
    Howeler:
    We are not a trail advocacy group, we are an informal group of riders willing to be able to continue to ride in the future. We didn't "drag" any agencies there, agencies contacted us because no one stepped in for the last 10 years.

Rathbone:
    Yes our concern is more about new jumps and new trails or whatever that would affect the habitat.
    You said "No one gives a rats ass there.", maybe it should change!
    We are totally taking into account trail user conflicts in the plan we will propose.

If you have some ideas, want to work with us and want more details, you're welcome to contact us at contact@mtblocos.com.
    I would prefer to discuss offline with people than typing on a forum, I think it's more efficient...
    Last edited by jej; 12-09-2009 at 10:39 AM.

Crop Dusting Magistrate
    Sep 2005
    agencies contacted us because no one stepped in for the last 10 years.

BS.........Never heard of SDMBA?

Perhaps you and your crew should join THE trail advocacy group for all of San Diego county.
    It wasn't me

mtbr member
    Guys, don't let cranky weather effect you too much. We're all family, even that weird dude with the dent in his head. Kum Bay Yah, granola and peace.

iBanGeDYoUrmOm,sOwHat?
    EDIT>

as much as it may suck, the reality of it is,
    TW was NOT our land to begin with, it is NOT our land currently and will NOT be our land in the future.
    so once we all accept this, then you realize that we have been building on other people's land....WHICH IS ILLEGAL.

now, moving forward; once we truly and fully acknowledged the above, then we will realize that the only thing left to do is try to WORK WITH the land management agencies request, instead of AGAINST THEM!

MY SINCERE APOLOGIES rathbone FOR MY PREVIOUS ATTACK @ YOU.
    Last edited by ride.like.u.got.a.pair; 12-11-2009 at 10:17 AM.

jej
    Jay The Hill
    May 2007
    Please Guys,
    let's keep the debate out of this thread. I've never seen any kind of problems fixed thru a forum. My point is just to remind people not too jeopardize TW access by building some new stuff. Period. I don't think anybody there want all these trails to be closed so we just need your support.
    If you want to be involved and let hear your voice, please contact us directly, let's meet, let's work.. Any help is more than welcome..

Crop Dusting Magistrate
    Sep 2005
    @ride.like.u.got.a.pair,

I got an email from your master jej, and have responded accordingly.

The suggestion of JOINING SDMBA is valid - as strength is in numbers. The fact that you lack reading comprehension isn't my problem.

Now let's all join hands and sing kumbaya!
    It wasn't me

mtbr member
    Dammit! I posted "Kum Bay Yah"! That's like, totally automatic, dudes! You have to hug, kiss and renounce shuttle riding and chest protectors now. Rules are rules.

Bikes Bacon and Beer!
    I followed a link to this thread from another forum...

Sad state of affairs at MTBR...real sad...jej had just popped in to see if anyone was up to help. Not like he asked to bang anyone's wife. Not surprised to see a couple of you chime in on a soapbox, though. This place is a bit of a target range.

Screw the bureaucracy! If I can do anything to help, jej, you let me know.
    "Bones heal, chicks dig scars, pain is temporary,and glory is forever!"
    -Matt Hoffman

Geritol Power
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdurty
    Not like he asked to bang anyone's wife.
    Is that bad? No wonder I keep getting in trouble at my kids football games.

mtbr member
    I'm a TW rider. I have met with MTBLOCOS, for this matter, we have discussed options in working with the DFG, because they want to work with us. Mountainbikers are not the only cause for concern out here. Alot of 50cc riders go out there and paint ballers. There has been illegal trail building out there.

This trail system is a gem. Alot of us mountain bikers are concerned about the ecosystem at TW, and are expressing the desire to maintain it.

iBanGeDYoUrmOm,sOwHat?
    Quote Originally Posted by Howeler
    @ride.like.u.got.a.pair,

I got an email from your master jej, and have responded accordingly.

The suggestion of JOINING SDMBA is valid - as strength is in numbers. The fact that you lack reading comprehension isn't my problem.

Now let's all join hands and sing kumbaya!

EDIT>
    bankerboy and jej,
    thank you for kindly reminding me that my previous posts (directed at Howeler) were childish and foolish (to say the least), and accomplished nothing positive.

my apologies to all......................................(except Howeler)
    Last edited by ride.like.u.got.a.pair; 12-11-2009 at 10:12 AM.

Crop Dusting Magistrate
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ride.like.u.got.a.pair
    thank you soooo much Howeler, but just so you know, i can read and comprehend just fine!
    i can also read and comprehend from your posts that you are a complete moron/retard and I am very lucky, that you sir, are not my neighbor.....because if you were....every morning on my way to work I would let my dogs out to sh!t all over YOUR yard.

Voiced like a true knuckle draggin' Neanderthal - this type of attitude is the primary reason you and your groups efforts will fail at TW.

As you clearly mentioned TW is NOT your land...time to sell that DH rig brah
    It wasn't me

iBanGeDYoUrmOm,sOwHat?
    Voiced like a true knuckle draggin' Neanderthal - this type of attitude is the primary reason you and your groups efforts will fail at TW.

As you clearly mentioned TW is NOT your land...time to sell that DH rig brah

EDIT>
    you are correct, my PREVIOUS reaction to your post was a 'knuckle-draggin neanderthal' type of response.
    my apologies for that.
    the fact that I truly dont like you and my responses to you should have been contained to a PM and not dragged into this forum.
    Last edited by ride.like.u.got.a.pair; 12-11-2009 at 10:16 AM.

I <3 Dirt

Can't we all just get along?

Crop Dusting Magistrate
    Sep 2005
    ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    It wasn't me

jej
    Jay The Hill
    May 2007
    Thanks guys for settling this down. now let's work together to make so-cal a better place to ride..

I <3 Dirt
    ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Maybe you like this better? Just kiss and make up.

MTC rep for LPCPCAC
    Now that is just

I think everyone here wants to keep TW.

I think everyone needs to join SDMBA.

I think the rain needs to go away now.

Some of the previous comments seem to be upset that there is a group other than SDMBA attempting to lead the charge in the preservation of TW. While SDMBA is the biggest mtb advocacy group in San Diego, they are not the only one.

Many areas (Mission Trails, lagunas, La Costa, to name a few) started with persons or groups that were not originally directly affiliated with SDMBA. SDMBA is not omnipotent. They will always need lead people and organizations with a finger on the local pulse.

Look west to PQ as an example of the organizations limits. They have done great things but are hobbled by the CAC. The only way that can be overcome is the community coming together and removing certain bike haters. Until then, favorable things will happen infrequently for us in PQ.

TW, organizationally, is in its infancy. Only time will tell if it works. Now that there is a lead (whether you agree or not), hopefully we will see greater involvement by SDMBA.

There is no need for name calling. It won't help or change anything. It makes us, as a group, look small and fragmented. That is the last thing we need right now.
    Apathy will get you exactly what you deserve

Glad to Be Alive
    those who don't know history are bound to repeat it

United we Stand...Divided we fall
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Nov 2006

Calavera Trail Work Post

I am glad Taffy's post resurfaced (in the SoCal forum) now. I totally forgot about the big success story at Calaveras with the DFG.....

"Super turnout. Absolutely kicked a-s. Many thanks to all. A lot of the usual people( you guys are the foundation) but lots of new faces and especially the young guys, you guys are the bomb. Young guys keep coming to these things and keep learning. You are the future and we want you to get trails built so they are fun as well as great management tools that add to the net environmental benefit.
    Today rocked our local Fish and Game Manager's world. He never thought we were as capable as we showed"....."Once again North County Bikers show they mean to be part of the equation not apart from the equation."

Great stuff. I need to post this someplace like the fridge where I can see it....Rich pumps me up man!.....and getting more people involved and educated, especially our youth is sooo key. Go get 'em Locos.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast