Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ted Williams

mtbr member

Ted Williams

Is there another name for the Ted Williams trail? I can't find it on www.mountainbikebill.com or on this site. Thanks

mtbr member
    Is not an "official" trail so you won't find it anywhere.

mtbr member
    Cool avatar, I've only been there once it's way out of my 5 mi. radius, but that place is great. We hit it up on our way home from ATT. Would be nice to go back and spend a whole day out there mucho stuff to do.

dft
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannon858
    Is there another name for the Ted Williams trail? I can't find it on www.mountainbikebill.com or on this site. Thanks
    ha, that is funny!
    1. MB bills site does have MANY SD trails on it.
    2. ted williams is not a trail, its a freeway

ROBOTIC RESERVE
    So how do you get there?
    Captain's Rides
    2008 Turner 5.Spot Raw - Pushed RP23 / Pike 454 U-Turn
    2008 Turner Highline GDO - CCDB / Fox 40

2 minutes turkish
    ted williams
    AKA
    the slab

mtbr member

From N.County...

I recently sold tires to a dude through a craigslist ad and he was telling me that TW was really close to my house(Del Mar). So I'm going to try and find it. Thanks for the info!
    Last edited by Cannon858; 07-12-2008 at 02:32 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    keep it on the down low man. i love that place.

"Ride Lots" - Eddie Mercx
    Quote Originally Posted by SDHucker858
    keep it on the down low man. i love that place.
    that place is so known it could never be on the down low.

sure, you have to know somebody who also knows about it to find it but if the soccer moms can drop of their spawn there on any given weekend and pick them up later then the place is not that "secret"

YR

mtbr member
    I went solo and spent just a little while there exploring and what not. I'm up for a ride whenever anyone wants to shuttle it. Seems like more of a "shuttle" place to me.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    ya but still i dont wanna see anything happen to that place. and i dont wanna see a bunch of noobs on the trail! haha j/k.

NEWBIE WAN KENOBI
    yo how do i get to the top of tw ? do i have to push my bike from the bottom ? is there any other way ?
    DO YOU BUTT QUEEF ?

Northern Aggressor
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Newbie Wan Kenobi
    yo how do i get to the top of tw ? do i have to push my bike from the bottom ? is there any other way ?
    There's a bunch of guys that heli-drop to the top of it, just to avoid the 20 minute peddle up.

MTC rep for LPCPCAC
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Chocula
    There's a bunch of guys that heli-drop to the top of it, just to avoid the 20 minute peddle up.
    Don't forget that in March 09 they are installing the high speed quad chair lift that will run from the ball field at Meadowbrook Middle School to the top. I hear they will only charge 25 dollars for an all day pass!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Chocula
    Or if you have ruby red 5:10's you just close your eyes as you click your heals while you chant "there's no place like the top" repeatedly till you're there. This may take longer than twenty minutes though. I think the heli-drop isn't as gay, but its a push cost wise between the helicopter and ruby red 5:10's. Both make equally as much sense if you"re to weak to pedal or walk your bike up to the top.

MTP
    Nothing to see here
    Mar 2004
    I have no idea what any of you are talking about. Ted Williams is a dead, frozen baseball player.

Its only 1" on the map!
    Thanks for the vote for assuming I got them all. I'll probably be 103 by the time I get around to riding all of the trails in San Diego County. Even then not all of them will be on the site

Front Range, Colorado
    Posted by Cannon858
    From N.County, I was told to take 5S to 56E(Ted Williams Frwy). Then was told to exit a street that starts with a "P", and then park in a culdesac after taking a right onto a street that begins with "M". I recently sold tires to a dude through a craigslist ad and he was telling me that TW was really close to my house(Del Mar). So I'm going to try and find it. Thanks for the info!

Nice!
    The cats out of the bag now.
    Last edited by DIRTJUNKIE; 07-11-2008 at 04:48 PM.

mtbr member
    I'm new to this site man, give me a break.... Lesson learned, ok?

Front Range, Colorado
    I'm new to this site man, give me a break.... Lesson learned, ok?
    Ok, but this is your only warning. You're only green once.

Its only 1" on the map!
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE,
    Posted by Cannon858
    The cats out of the bag now.
    Only unless your googless or have missed a few issues of Mountain Bike Action.

Seriously, TW is the worst kept secret in San Diego. While it is an illlegal trail system, with only a fair bit of advocacy work and good chunk of time that place has a shot at being legitimized. What it needs is someone to take "ownership" of the place from a advocacy standpoint. That person needs to be somebody who uses that trail regularly and has a vested interest its future (think 3-5 years, not 3-5 months). That person also needs to be someone who is willing to do more than sweat with a shovel and ride. Poway is pretty proactive with their trail network, and a good representative for the users of TW has a chance to do something really special like make TW legal. Is that representative our here?

One thing is for certain, if the status quo remains of people just shoveling and riding then this place is going to die. It is just a matter of time.

Glad to Be Alive
    From N.County, I was told to take blau blau blau!

could you edit this post with no directions
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by trail bait
    if you have ruby red 5:10's you just close your eyes as you click your heals while you chant "there's no place like the top" repeatedly till you're there.
    I've been lied to again! This does NOT work people! Trail Bait is LYING about this!

I am agast by this.

LIARS!

They are ALL liars.

"Well I don't drink as much as I ought to."

~Jerry Jeff Walker~

Front Range, Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbbill
    Only unless your googless or have missed a few issues of Mountain Bike Action.

Seriously, TW is the worst kept secret in San Diego. While it is an illlegal trail system, with only a fair bit of advocacy work and good chunk of time that place has a shot at being legitimized. What it needs is someone to take "ownership" of the place from a advocacy standpoint. That person needs to be somebody who uses that trail regularly and has a vested interest its future (think 3-5 years, not 3-5 months). That person also needs to be someone who is willing to do more than sweat with a shovel and ride. Poway is pretty proactive with their trail network, and a good representative for the users of TW has a chance to do something really special like make TW legal. Is that representative our here?

One thing is for certain, if the status quo remains of people just shoveling and riding then this place is going to die. It is just a matter of time.
    Bill, I agree and I was being scarcastic playing on Yeti Rider's response to what SDHucker858 had said.

Quote; Yeti_Rider
    that place is so known it could never be on the down low.

sure, you have to know somebody who also knows about it to find it but if the soccer moms can drop of their spawn there on any given weekend and pick them up later then the place is not that "secret"

YR

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    legal? pffft.

that would be just great. after, maybe they can go in with a bulldozer, remove every "feature" then widen everything to the PQ minimum 15 ft width.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast