mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Sycamore Riverside going-ons

Somebody built a bridge over where they blocked off access at the warehouse with that rod-iron fence. Warning if you weigh over 180 lbs I would not recommend you ride it. Everyone else, stay in the center, as the bridge does not appear to have any supports on the outer edges.....

Again this year, there's a bunch of sheep grazing off Alessandro.....I used to remember when there were pretty yellow flowers over there each spring before the sheep came....now its just trampled trails and smelly sheep crap everywhere.....

A Boy Scout from Riverside's Troop 2 is installing trail markers as part of his Eagle Scout Project The city would not allow him to place markers on Triple R because some more new houses are scheduled to go up right up on the single track (3 lots

mtbr member
    May 2012
    thanks for the updates. fun place to ride. maybe someone can pick up the broken glass by the rocks.

yeti demo coming sooon

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by osmarandsara View Post

Again this year, there's a bunch of sheep grazing off Alessandro.....I used to remember when there were pretty yellow flowers over there each spring before the sheep came....now its just trampled trails and smelly sheep crap everywhere.....
    Not sure if it's the case here; but many municipalities are using grazing sheep as a relatively inexpensive method of brush/fire control. Shepherds get access to grazing land and cities get cheap labor, as I understand it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ajdonner View Post
    Not sure if it's the case here; but many municipalities are using grazing sheep as a relatively inexpensive method of brush/fire control. Shepherds get access to grazing land and cities get cheap labor, as I understand it.
    I see you guys have seen the sheeps, but have you seen the sign at the entrance of Alessandro blvd , is posted there and explained why the sheep are there. I am not really happy about it either I agree with all statements about trail destruction due to the massive amount of sheeps, not to mention the wild flowers.

mtbr member
    I don't really know why the bridge was built. Its only a very small stream that i have yet to even get my shoes wet. I walked across it and would not even think about riding across. It even chokes off the path through the stream.

I actually ran into the flock of sheep just as i came over the hill from that stream. Had to wait for them to clear. Didn't want to annoy the sheep dogs. I hear they can be protective. They'll be gone soon enough.

Does this mean that Triple R is going to have houses built on it? That would suck. Its currently my alternate route up since Powerpole is a bit too tough on my SS. Maybe that will give me an excuse to cut it out of my route. Nevermind, then i would have to climb Farside twice to get the climbing in...