mtbr member

Sycamore Canyon in the San Diego Reader

Thought the locals might find this interesting (if they didn't already know).

Maps to the missile test sites show up in the printed articles - on newstands now!

I would never condone riding to these areas, but its probably not the time to get curious with all the new attention that is likely to get paid to this area.

http://www.sandiegoreader.com/news/2008/apr/02/--/

Front Range, Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by Devine Intervention
    Thought the locals might find this interesting (if they didn't already know).

Maps to the missile test sites show up in the printed articles - on newstands now!

I would never condone riding to these areas, but its probably not the time to get curious with all the new attention that is likely to get paid to this area.

http://www.sandiegoreader.com/news/2008/apr/02/--/
    I hear ya. Good artical none the less.
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^^^^Rock Garden

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Yeah, I liked the article too. Maybe there's a future possibility of some public access thru there if the military/industrial folks don't come up with a new use...

Geritol Power
    When I was in high school (early to mid 70's) we toured those bldgs with flashlights. It was pretty spooky One time when we emerged naval security was there in jeeps and armed with automatic weapons waiting for us

They wanted to give us a good scare. It didn't keep us away very long though. Too much cool stuff there to investigate.

We had lots of fun back in those hills. Target practice and motocross races behind Santee Lakes. Picnics with naughty girls under the oaks Seemingly endless off road fun with old beat up cars and trucks. Bon fires and beer.

Much of the fun ended when the sheriff's bought their first helicopter. ASTRIA I think they called it. Not sure what that stood for but it was a bummer for us kids.

Ah, the good old days when my back didn't ache all the time