ROBOTIC RESERVE

Listen! Sweetwater Update

I saw that rain is in the near future, so I had to get in a ride before we get wet again.

Started from the "Steel Bridge" and headed out around 10:45. The lower meadow area (pic 1)was in nice shape, great traction and very little mud to contend with. As I approached the first climb "Homer Hill" I saw that a river is cutting across the trail and formed a nice sized ditch. (pic 2).

After the ditch I headed up Homer Hill and some of the trail was rutted out and is in some need of repair. At the top I took a little break from the action and started my decent towards "Piggy Hill" once again the trail was in nice shape, just a few puddles from the last rain nothing bad. I proceeded to the first gate on the fireroad.

Otay Water district trucks were in full force dumping large rocks into low spots making it rideable for us. From the gate (pic 3) I headed out for some more action, but found still found plenty of water flowing and lots of mud. I turned around and headed home.

If you plan on riding here soon, stay off the Lower SS near the reservoir, its just a mess and need some time to dry up. I recommend you make a left and head up the hill to stay dry.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Captain Snakebite; 03-19-2005 at 12:24 AM. Reason: oops!
    Captain's Rides
    2008 Turner 5.Spot Raw - Pushed RP23 / Pike 454 U-Turn
    2008 Turner Highline GDO - CCDB / Fox 40

Its only 1" on the map!
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Snakebite
    I recommend you make a left and head up the hill to stay dry.
    I really like the high road network of trails, some nice views and fun bits of singletrack.

Single(Pivot)and Happy

I rode Sweetwater today

Started at the bridge, stayed on the upper trails. I saw the rock work you mentioned, waded through the only major water hazzard, and proceeded west. Mustard plant easily one foot above my head, I felt like a weed wacker. Climbed the switchbacks up to that little shade structure at the top of the hill, trail going up had major water damage. Switchbacks going down were in pretty good shape. Ran into two groups of soon to be employed farm hands, 32 people total, trekking through the mustard. This was around noon.

ROBOTIC RESERVE
    Quote Originally Posted by Boulder Pilot
    Started at the bridge, stayed on the upper trails. I saw the rock work you mentioned, waded through the only major water hazzard, and proceeded west. Mustard plant easily one foot above my head, I felt like a weed wacker. Climbed the switchbacks up to that little shade structure at the top of the hill, trail going up had major water damage. Switchbacks going down were in pretty good shape. Ran into two groups of soon to be employed farm hands, 32 people total, trekking through the mustard. This was around noon.

how often do you ride sweetwater? im looking for some riders to join up with.
    Captain's Rides
    2008 Turner 5.Spot Raw - Pushed RP23 / Pike 454 U-Turn
    2008 Turner Highline GDO - CCDB / Fox 40

Glad to Be Alive
    nice pics
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days