mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Suspension center opening soon in San Diego

Just thought I would let yall know

Geritol Power

Interesting

What? That's all we get? No opening in spring of 2008 or anything?

Silence and Thunder...
    Hey Drake, you're the Focus guy, right?
    Give us more info, dude...
    When, Where...etc...
    ...every day sends future to past...

Lord of the Chainrings
    More info please!
    The only "suspension center" that I know of in San Diego is Bilstein.
    "Hesitation is the Mother of Failure!"

~~ 951 for Dirt & Roadster for Asphalt ~~

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I did own a Focus and do occasional content for Focus Mag MTB, but I thought I would let some people know I am openeing a service center for MTB suspension , carrying products for and doing factory rebuilds as well as custom tuning. I have been servicing forks/shocks for 10+ yrs. and have the knowledge, industry support, tools, and customer support to follow . I have been doing so cal shop contract sevice for some time and feel as though there is a need for this. Fox,Rockshox, Marzocchi,Manitou,CaneCreek, Progressive 5th, are all my specialty. Email @ isotuned@yahoo.com if you want more info or have questions

NEWBIE WAN KENOBI
    nice ! thats great to know, i own bunch of rockshox forks and i need it serviced from time to time. where are you located at ?
    DO YOU BUTT QUEEF ?

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Email me @ isotuned@yahoo.com

i can't type the letter s
    Quote Originally Posted by DRAKETHOMAS
    Hey, quit messin' around on the internet and start building my wheel, ya slacker.

Can you guess who this is, my first name starts with a T and it's not teddy. I'll be calling you later today bro.

Lord of the Chainrings
    Ok, how about a web site?
    "Hesitation is the Mother of Failure!"

~~ 951 for Dirt & Roadster for Asphalt ~~

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Website is being built as we speak Isotuned.com Independent Suspension Operation We are currently taking some very cool photo shoots with a couple guys whom I have sponsored .We have been shoveling alot dirt for a serious kicker 60+ ft out and 25+ down at a local spot here in so cal the trail head name is 8 letters long try and locate if you want. Give it some time for the site I am hoping in one month to finalize it.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    What part of SD is the shop going to be located in?

TCB
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mouse jockey
    Can you guess who this is, my first name starts with a T and it's not teddy. I'll be calling you later today bro.
    let me guess.....is your name Timmy!

"No matter where you go there you are" BUCKAROO BANZAI

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    We were thinking Kearney Mesa , pretty central, otherwise might work out a deal with a local shop in East County. The space we need is small I dont wanna be your average shop selling gu. Suspension is a speciality market not a volume store moving whatever it can, your average store is boring , so it wont be that I promise.

somewhere in socal
    way to go drake......get that site up soon and start killin' it......

i can't type the letter s
    Quote Originally Posted by TCB
    let me guess.....is your name Timmy!
    Heh, heh.

tommy_boy.jpg

So as not to completely hijack Drake's thread:
    That Highline you are building up Glamb, (y' like that?)

[SIZE="5"]Drake would be an excellent choice for parts and service[/SIZE]. Keep his email handy there my agarrulous friend when you buy build your wheels, service your suspension, press your headset, etc.

Trail Rider

That's great!

Many years ago there was one in the Del Cerro area. It didn't last long. It shared space with a bike shop. It would be great to be able to take a fork in for maintenance and repair, instead of shipping it off. Will you be doing rear shocks? These days, everyone has a suspension fork, so I would imagine it would be work well in San Diego. Good luck!
    [size=4]Don[/size]

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I was told about the shop but what was its name and when was it opened? It is a fact you cant buy a bike without suspension, generally speaking. I dont see how this wont work. Selling suspension should be left to professionals not your local bike shop with some fellow who only cares whether or not he is gonna get his comission. I have a ton of experience here in So Cal almost 16 years full time, I have turned a few wrenches and changed swimming pools of shock oil

Trail Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by DRAKETHOMAS
    I was told about the shop but what was its name and when was it opened? It is a fact you cant buy a bike without suspension, generally speaking. I dont see how this wont work. Selling suspension should be left to professionals not your local bike shop with some fellow who only cares whether or not he is gonna get his comission. I have a ton of experience here in So Cal almost 16 years full time, I have turned a few wrenches and changed swimming pools of shock oil
    I forget the name. It was off of College Blvd. in a little shopping center. I remember a wood exterior. It was somewhere near that old food market up in the Del Cerro area. That was when aluminum frames were fairly new. I think they sold Balance bikes? Lots of anodized aluminum back in the day. I remember the counter had all these forks to lust after. I think FS was new, so maybe in the early to mid 90s. The suspension center advertised its location, but it was in a separate counter and area in the shop.

Kearney Mesa seems like a good location.
    [size=4]Don[/size]

mtbr member

Cha-Ching!

I don't see how you wouldn't be successful in SD with a susp. shop. I'm thinking you'll be pretty busy right off the bat. Between this news and the talk of a bike operation at Vail Lake, this has been a good news week for SD area riders.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I could be openeing in Santee if all goes well. I am gonna work out the details this week and if all goes as planned look for us to be open in 6 weeks. I have had the opportunity to talk to people at Manitou, Rockshox, Marzocchi, and White Bros and all of them are supporting the cause. Fox wants to tour the facility prior to authorized service, not a problem I have done ther service for years so I know what they are looking for. I also have had the opportunity to talk to more local shops and they are very interested in us doing work for them. Look for demo products and loaner suspension as well , dont wanna be off the bike. If you guys have some input feel free to post it or email it@ isotuned@yahoo.com. Thanks Drake

Geritol Power

This sounds good

I look forward to meeting you and seeing this shop happen. I'll see you when the doors open if not before.

Chris