mtbr member

Sunset Trail West of BLT open for Bikes?

Hi y'all
    I am planning on taking my son up to ride Big Laguna and environs on Saturday. I haven't biked up there and the last time I was even walking around up there was about 12 years ago. Anyway, looking at the maps it seems like Sunset Trail on the west side of the meadow would make a great trail to loop back on, but it seems it is designated hiking only. But googling "Big Laguna Trail" brings up a number of hits that show people using it as a bike trail. What I mean by that is that they have a GPS download onto some mapping service that shows their route and going on the Sunset trail.

So does anyone know if you can bike on this trail, or are people advertising their poaching?
    (I don't want to include any links here for those sites)
    ThankS!

Ron in SD
    (Link to Laguna Mountain Volunteer Assoc)
    http://www.lmva.org/trails/sunsettrail.html
    Pain rushes in to fill the void where common sense should be.

Front Range, Colorado
    It is suppose to be no bikes allowed. But apparently it's not that enforced. Every time I am up there I see tire marks going in. Poaching it wouldn't be recommended. And by all means please don't poach the trail on the opposite side of the road. That trail is a serious "no bikes allowed" trail.
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^^^^Rock Garden

mtbr member
    We circumnavigated the lake in Big Laguna Meadow last weekend, using that section of Sunset, and the entire ride was on multiuse trails marked as such.

mtbr member

Thanks for the response

Yeah, I don't intend to poach anything and I will obey all signage as a good boy should.
    heck, I felt bad about hitting the rollers at north hodges before i saw all the keep out signs!

Ron in SD
    Pain rushes in to fill the void where common sense should be.