Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    That's gonna leave a mark
    Reputation: Upchuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,629

    Sunday Ride (XPost)

    SoCal SSers/Fixies and any gearies that wanna join in, planning on doing a ride in Sycamore Cyn (off of PCH just west of Malibu) on Sunday morning at 8am. If you're interested, park in the dirt turnout on PCH about 200 yds west of the gate.

    This is a perfect ride for recent SS converts, or those that don't have Ned or Lance's lungs. The climbs are moderate. Nothing too technical. Just a fun batch of singletrack begging to be ridden.

    Would like to climb Guadalasco and descend Backbone. Planning on riding Coyote and Two Foxes, et al. Maybe two routes up the hill for twice the fun! IM me if interested.

    ps. It's posted on the SoCal calendar.
    Fat fanatic.

    "Where the Fox Hat?" Endurance Team
    SoCal Colavita Road/MTB club

  2. #2
    Neg reppers r my biatches
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    17,128
    Quote Originally Posted by Upchuck
    SoCal SSers/Fixies and any gearies that wanna join in, planning on doing a ride in Sycamore Cyn (off of PCH just west of Malibu) on Sunday morning at 8am. If you're interested, park in the dirt turnout on PCH about 200 yds west of the gate.

    This is a perfect ride for recent SS converts, or those that don't have Ned or Lance's lungs. The climbs are moderate. Nothing too technical. Just a fun batch of singletrack begging to be ridden.

    Would like to climb Guadalasco and descend Backbone. Planning on riding Coyote and Two Foxes, et al. Maybe two routes up the hill for twice the fun! IM me if interested.

    ps. It's posted on the SoCal calendar.
    Roll Call?!

  3. #3
    Just another Homer
    Reputation: Pain Freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    742

    Already signed up

    for another ride,but this sounds like the perfect ride to start getting my ss legs back into shape. We did SART last weekend and I tried to see how much I could do in the middle ring and got all the upper section,but after the the option of climbing the fireroad to the store or climbing the singletrack, we chose the singletrack and the trail got the best of me and I finally succumbed to the dreaded little ring. After not riding the ss for a while it seems like you lose your legs for it and those first few rides are downright torture, Anyways have a good one.
    I may not be as good as I once was.
    But I'm as good once, as I ever was.
    Toby Keith

  4. #4
    Over the Hill
    Reputation: dstepper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,671
    It works both ways, now I have no strengh left when I sit down and spin up a hill.

  5. #5
    That's gonna leave a mark
    Reputation: Upchuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,629
    Hey Mike, sorry you couldn't make it. Great conditions and hardly anyone out there until the end of the ride. Guadalasco and Backbone are in fantastic shape. When you have hardpack with great traction, it feels like I could ride all day. Next time.
    Fat fanatic.

    "Where the Fox Hat?" Endurance Team
    SoCal Colavita Road/MTB club

  6. #6
    Just another Homer
    Reputation: Pain Freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    742
    Bummer I missed this one. It seems everytime I head out that way we end up riding something new or at least a little different. Next time I'll make it out there.
    I may not be as good as I once was.
    But I'm as good once, as I ever was.
    Toby Keith

  7. #7
    That's gonna leave a mark
    Reputation: Upchuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,629
    Quote Originally Posted by Pain Freak
    Bummer I missed this one. It seems everytime I head out that way we end up riding something new or at least a little different. Next time I'll make it out there.
    Planning on doing Backbone/Newton Cyn in the near future. Also going to link Los Robles with Sycamore Cyn. Either ride will be plenty of miles with a load of climbing. Probably ride the gearie on these two.

    I'll give you a heads up when it approaches.
    Fat fanatic.

    "Where the Fox Hat?" Endurance Team
    SoCal Colavita Road/MTB club

  8. #8
    Neg reppers r my biatches
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    17,128
    sorry again i could not make it. i am hoping i can get a ride in this coming saturday. probably sycmore or something moderate with some miles involved.....maybe sullivan canyon off of reseda.

  9. #9
    That's gonna leave a mark
    Reputation: Upchuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,629
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    I will plan on being there, beyotch! I just saw your bike in the stand at the shop so no excuses my friend!
    Wise man who stick neck out while making big boast usually end up looking like turkey on chopping block.

    How's your daughter? Better I hope.
    Fat fanatic.

    "Where the Fox Hat?" Endurance Team
    SoCal Colavita Road/MTB club

  10. #10
    Neg reppers r my biatches
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    17,128
    Quote Originally Posted by Upchuck
    Wise man who stick neck out while making big boast usually end up looking like turkey on chopping block.

    How's your daughter? Better I hope.
    fortunately for me, i am used to looking like a chump so it is just par for the course

    thanks for asking...yeah, she has strep throat so i am glad we brought her in. now one of my other kids is sounding the same.....back to the doctor again today

    i hope to get clearance for a saturday morning ride......i will know probably by tomorow.

    cheers

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •