b a n n e d

Sunday morning ride anyone? - Westside

I'm planning to ride this Sunday morning somewhere on the West side . . . nothing specifically picked out yet, but I definitely want to get out there.

Anyone interested?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by OO7
    I'm planning to ride this Sunday morning somewhere on the West side . . . nothing specifically picked out yet, but I definitely want to get out there.

Anyone interested?
    hey i'm going to try and hit up sycamore cyn on saturday like i planned last week cause i can't ride on sunday. Sundays usually end up being the time i spend with family and doing errands. g'l with the ride and pm again if you end up being able to ride on sat.

King of Middle Earth

Anyone interested?
    What Westside rides are you considering?
    fee-fy-fo-fum...

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by nightops
    hey i'm going to try and hit up sycamore cyn on saturday like i planned last week cause i can't ride on sunday. Sundays usually end up being the time i spend with family and doing errands. g'l with the ride and pm again if you end up being able to ride on sat.
    Yeah, ordinarily I'm up for Sat. too, but I have to make a run to LAX tomorrow mid-day. Where's Sycamore Cnyn?

Quote Originally Posted by ambassadorhawg
    What Westside rides are you considering?
    PerfectZero and I did Westridge/Backbone last weekend. I don't know if we have anything firm yet, but there's talk of something similar (Indian something or other?) again this weekend or possibly malibu creek. The trouble is that neither of us are too familiar with the trails.

King of Middle Earth
    Yeah, ordinarily I'm up for Sat. too, but I have to make a run to LAX tomorrow mid-day. Where's Sycamore Cnyn?

PerfectZero and I did Westridge/Backbone last weekend. I don't know if we have anything firm yet, but there's talk of something similar (Indian something or other?) again this weekend or possibly malibu creek. The trouble is that neither of us are too familiar with the trails.
    IF ITS NOT RAINING OR MUDDY, I'd be up for Backbone off Kanan Rd., Chesebro Cyn, Wildwood, Big Sycamore, or Los Robles West.

I'm in for a morning run on any of the stuff I've named if the weather cooperates...
    fee-fy-fo-fum...

b a n n e d
    Weatherman sez' we're good! http://www.weather.com/weather/weekend/90025

Which of those is your favorite? So far all I've done is Up Sullivan, Down Backbone (though I don't know if this is the same one you're talking about) and portions of Bulldog (never made it up yet, but haven't tried in a few weeks).

mtbr member

Good job! Cheseboro Sunday (11/7) @ 8:45am

If anyone is interested, come out. We will meet at the upper parking lot for Chesebro Park.
    It should be a fun time for all!!

mtbr member
    Sunday morning is the best time for me. Cheeseboro perhaps? I've heard good things about the Cheeseboro/Sulphur springs loop.

b a n n e d
    I'm in for sunday! 8:45 it is . . . just tell me how to get there!

Jon, I can drive if you wanna ride out together. I'd guess we should leave by 8:00? I have no idea how far it is.

King of Middle Earth
    Weatherman sez' we're good! http://www.weather.com/weather/weekend/90025

Which of those is your favorite? So far all I've done is Up Sullivan, Down Backbone (though I don't know if this is the same one you're talking about) and portions of Bulldog (never made it up yet, but haven't tried in a few weeks).
    I was just gonna say that Chesebro is probably a good fun one. Some short technical climbs, no super long, super steep climbs. Lots of fun.

I think I'm in for Chesebro on Sunday morning...
    fee-fy-fo-fum...

King of Middle Earth

Jon, I can drive if you wanna ride out together. I'd guess we should leave by 8:00? I have no idea how far it is.
    Take 101 North through SF Valley, keeping going several more miles. Look for Chesebro exit. Turn right off the exit, then turn right at the stop sign. Proceed a short way (1/2 mile) to the first right you can make which is the park entrance. Continue up a after the right turn and you'll end up in a big dirt parking lot where everyone else will be. See you there! 8:45AM...

Use google maps or driving directions...

Mike
    Last edited by Hawg; 11-05-2010 at 09:43 PM.
    fee-fy-fo-fum...

mtbr member
    Sounds awesome.

I know where it is, I grew up right around there haha. In fact, the connection over to Dead Cow Rd. almost ends up in my parents backyard. Justin: I might bring my other bike with a thru axel though, would that fit on your rack?

b a n n e d
    I can carry one TA on the roof, and the other we can throw in the back.

As a friendly reminder to everyone, change your clocks tomorrow night!

Team Fearless Descender
    I'll be out at Cheese on Sunday AM, 'bout 8:30 or 9am. Three of us for sure (unless rain). Look for two Ventanas and one Knolly. Please say hello if you see us - we won't bite. Oh, and the Cheese is a fun ride!
    "...when your ride is nearly over, it seems to have lasted but an instant..."

Stuff

b a n n e d
    Awesome ride today folks. Had a blast at "the cheese" It was really helpful to ride with people who know where they are going there because there were lots of little trails.

Hope to ride again with you guys!

mtbr member
    Awesome ride today folks. Had a blast at "the cheese" It was really helpful to ride with people who know where they are going there because there were lots of little trails.

Hope to ride again with you guys!
    I was a fun ride, Justin.
    We should be glad the Old Cowboys were not armed.
    Berni

b a n n e d
    Yeah, seriously . . . in all honesty, that was a potentially serious situation that could have gone really, really bad for any one of us, the horses, and/or the riders. I can't imagine plowing into a horse!

Why on earth they would stop two 1+ ton animals BEHIND a huge bush on a BLIND turn is completely beyond me. And yea, we were going fast but honestly, if A) we would have SEEN them, we certainly would have slowed down, and B) we weren't going THAT fast, evidenced by the fact that we all stopped in plenty of time to avoid collision with each other and the horses. We should have given them grief about not picking up after their horses!

mtbr member
    Thanks again for giving us a tour, look forward to riding around there again.