mtbr member

Sullivan Ridge Paved Road Crash Weds

To the two guys riding side-by-side yesterday evening on the paved section of Sullivan at the dip before before the Camp Josepho gate, thanks a million. Hope you had a great nite ride. Note sarcastic tone.

I had fun at the ER where I learned that in addition to my obviously dislocated middle finger, I also fractured my small finger. The white thing visible in the split in my joint was the tendon. I'll find out today if I need surgery. At the very least, I'm out 4 to 6 weeks.

Please ride single-file up there, especially around the turns.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Get well soon. Did they help you out? Were they aware you went down?

mtbr member
    Thanks for the well-wishes... they definitely stopped becuz i almost ran head-on into one of them at speed. To avoid a collision, I grabbed alot of brake -- too much front. Went over the bars in a split second.

Can't blame them when I was the one who grabbed more front than was advisable. In their defense, they were nice enough people. That said, riders going in opposite directions on that stretch should be able to ride by one another w/o incident.

Later.

pewpewpew Moderator
    ouch, hope you get better soon.
    Love, Impy

wawe member
    Quote Originally Posted by turnerxcerider
    That said, riders going in opposite directions on that stretch should be able to ride by one another w/o incident.
    Couldn't agree more. Sucks when some peeps ride out of control.

Get well soon.

Just Ride!
    Did they run you off the road? If so riders should be very careful not to bomb down that road. Too much traffic and too many blind corners. I almost got swamped a bunch of times by over zealous riders going lightspeed on that descending portion of the paved road. Must be an LA thing. Rush rush rush... Get well soon and I will ride w/ you and let's give a shout to these people to slow down.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigtire
    Did they run you off the road? If so riders should be very careful not to bomb down that road. Too much traffic and too many blind corners. I almost got swamped a bunch of times by over zealous riders going lightspeed on that descending portion of the paved road. Must be an LA thing. Rush rush rush... Get well soon and I will ride w/ you and let's give a shout to these people to slow down.
    Sounds like turner was riding down and those other guys were on their way up the ridge.
    Should be pretty safe if riders stick to single file traffic pattern.

mtbr member
    at the dip, there's a point where riders going both ways are actually both going downhill. making things worse, its on an 's' curve.

they didn't run me off the road nor were they outta conttrol. one was just in the worst possible spot on the road causing me to slam hard on the brakes to avoid a collision. in retrospect, that would have been a much better option.

here's the aftermath...
    Attached Images Attached Images