Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 75
  1. #1
    If you think you can
    Reputation: 62kona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,040

    Suicide trail!!!

    Just wondering who on here has ridden it and cleaned everything on it? I did it for my first time today, damn its a fun trail. It really humbled me though. There is some pretty big stuff there. Props to the builders!

  2. #2
    Kenny Powers
    Reputation: crazyjohnny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    317
    fun trail. I love hanging out in the caves on my way up. They are at least 10 degrees cooler. There are some fun trails around here.
    805/ 530

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    939
    The one in oak park? I ride it a few times a week, its a really fun fast trail, i just wish it was steeper

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: trail bait's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    558
    Quote Originally Posted by 62kona
    Just wondering who on here has ridden it and cleaned everything on it?
    What does a tidy trail look like?

  5. #5
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,000
    Quote Originally Posted by trail bait
    What does a tidy trail look like?
    love soapy clean trails that smell lemon scented
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  6. #6
    R.I.P. DogFriend
    Reputation: jeffj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,624
    Quote Originally Posted by trail bait
    What does a tidy trail look like?
    It looks like this :

    http://www.smmtc.org/pix_Los_Robles_COSCA_20080322.htm

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: trail bait's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    558
    I feel your pain the before shots look better to me too.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Cannon858's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    91
    Is this trail in the San Diego area? If so, can you tell me where please.

  9. #9
    Kenny Powers
    Reputation: crazyjohnny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    317
    Trail is out in the XXX, not San Diego. I wish they didn't get rid of the ruts.
    Last edited by crazyjohnny; 06-29-2008 at 10:22 PM.
    805/ 530

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: trail bait's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    558
    No and No this is the type of info you handle privately try PM'ing

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Cannon858's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    91
    Are you kidding me?! Do I need a secret code to find out where this top secret trail is too?? It's like pulling teeth just to get info from "fellow riders" in this area. It's terrible that I'm realizing one thing from creating an account on this website, and that is, there are alot more tools and a$$ clowns riding bikes than I ever thought... Thanks for the help!

  12. #12
    Equal opportunity meanie
    Reputation: DHidiot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,784
    If that's your attitude, you don't need to be riding that trail.

    Where were there ever any ruts on it to begin with??
    805

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: trail bait's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    558
    No it's quite easy just use the PM function to find out. Problems arise from posting that kind of info on a public forum.

    1. People park in front of home owners houses making a punch of noise, leaving trash and many other forms of being inconsiderate. That gets things closed and destroyed.

    2. People ride stuff with no info get in over there heads get hurt and heli-vaced out. That gets thing closed and destroyed.

    3. People post direction and the rangers browse these forums to find locations of outlaw trails. That gets things closed and destroyed.

    4. High traffic and rude riders on the trails upset hikers and equestrians. That gets things closed and destroyed.

    When things closed and destroyed, the builders and local riders are sad.

    This trail is a few hours away from S.D. but I'm sure they have the same problems. I've been riding this trail since the mid 90's and have done my part to not cause any problems here. PM me if you need more details.

    Good luck and happy Tails.

  14. #14
    If you think you can
    Reputation: 62kona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,040
    Quote Originally Posted by trail bait
    No it's quite easy just use the PM function to find out. Problems arise from posting that kind of info on a public forum.

    1. People park in front of home owners houses making a punch of noise, leaving trash and many other forms of being inconsiderate. That gets things closed and destroyed.

    2. People ride stuff with no info get in over there heads get hurt and heli-vaced out. That gets thing closed and destroyed.

    3. People post direction and the rangers browse these forums to find locations of outlaw trails. That gets things closed and destroyed.

    4. High traffic and rude riders on the trails upset hikers and equestrians. That gets things closed and destroyed.

    When things closed and destroyed, the builders and local riders are sad.

    This trail is a few hours away from S.D. but I'm sure they have the same problems. I've been riding this trail since the mid 90's and have done my part to not cause any problems here. PM me if you need more details.

    Good luck and happy Tails.
    Right on. Lets keep it open!

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    939
    Its not like the rangers dont know about this trail, its been there forever and they plow it as far as they can ever few years to make a firebreak. In fact they just plowed the lower part like 3 weeks ago so its all sandy and loose. When you ride it just be nice to the hikers because there are alot of them even though it is a dh trail

  16. #16
    "Ride Lots" - Eddie Mercx
    Reputation: Yeti_Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,275
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannon858
    Is this trail in the San Diego area? If so, can you tell me where please.
    north of San Diego. far enough to drive that it isn't a trip you'd make just to ride it.

    YR

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Cannon858's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    91
    Thanks for the help Trail Bait. I'll be asking around about this one once I've been through some of the closer trails.

  18. #18
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,000
    Quote Originally Posted by DHidiot
    If that's your attitude, you don't need to be riding that trail.

    Where were there ever any ruts on it to begin with??
    before your time....that place is a sidewalk compared to what it use to be
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  19. #19
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,000
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesdc
    Its not like the rangers dont know about this trail, its been there forever and they plow it as far as they can ever few years to make a firebreak. In fact they just plowed the lower part like 3 weeks ago so its all sandy and loose. When you ride it just be nice to the hikers because there are alot of them even though it is a dh trail

    ummmm actually you could drive up that fireroad in the early 70's
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    939
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    ummmm actually you could drive up that fireroad in the early 70's

    you could drive up dead cow trail along time ago[the trail you hike up to get to suicide] but you could never actually drive up suicide

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Bobby Peru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    486
    Jeez Trail Bait, you're getting all edumacated n stuff on us now! I kind of like it, you must wear glasses because you are the smart type, huh?

    Whenever someone says "happy trails" I think of the Van Halen version... bumb a de da, bumb a de da....

    How long 'till we go to Northstar?
    "Well I don't drink as much as I ought to."

    ~Jerry Jeff Walker~

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: trail bait's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    558
    Ime know spilen bea chumpion but I can count 30 days quick days. Here's aclip I shot today in my backyard thought you'd like the song Bobby.

  23. #23
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,000
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesdc
    you could drive up dead cow trail along time ago[the trail you hike up to get to suicide] but you could never actually drive up suicide
    from my understanding....suey too
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  24. #24
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,000
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Peru

    How long 'till we go to Northstar?
    Mammoth in 2 weeks
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation: trail bait's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    558
    Bob don't bother debating this with him he wasn't even alive back than. Have fun in Mammoth.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •