mtbr member

Stump Grinder DC - Opens June 1st

Central Coasts Only Private Mountain Bike Riding Club Ready to Open Next Weekend
    • Providing a conflict free solution to local trail access issues
    • Open nearly every weekend and Wednesday afternoons
    • Annual Memberships Available
    • Daily Gate fee $30
    N E W S
    For Immediate Release: May 25th 2008
    MEDIA CONTACTS:
    Mike Hecker, Stump Grinder Productions, 805-896-0673 or mike@ridesb.com.
    INFO: www.ridesb.com.

STUMP GRINDER DIRT CLUB (SGDC)
    To open in Los Olivos, CA on Sunday June 1st, 2008
    Utilizes existing trail network built for the Santa Ynez Classic

WHAT: Private location for mountain biking enthusiasts to enjoy their healthy lifestyle sport in a safe location completely removed from other trail users, this is to be a 100% conflict free riding area. With 2 different downhill trails, one super downhill trail, a dual slalom course, a 12 mile cross country course, and miles of dirt double track ranching roads, countless opportunities are provided for riders of all abilities to explore and have fun.

WHY: “During a time of constant conflict between other trail users and mountain bike riders, not only in the Santa Barbara area, but all over the US, it just seems like a great full time use of the trail network that we have built here, over the past 10 years, at the Stump Grinder Dirt Club” said Mike Hecker, owner of Stump Grinder Productions (SGP) and the promoter of the Santa Ynez Classic. “In addition to this use we envision the SGDC hosting training camps, bicycle product launches, bicycle industry functions and other events” Hecker added.

WHEN: Saturdays and Sundays from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM for SGDC members and daily non-member visitors. Wednesday afternoons the SGDC will be open from 3 PM to dark for members only.

Where: Stump Grinder Dirt Club, Zaca Station Road, Los Olivos. Directions: Turn off of State Route Highway 154 onto Zaca Station Road, travel north 1.33 miles, and turn right into the entrance of the Stump Grinder Dirt Club. Follow ranch road .75 of a mile to the main venue area, Charlotte’s Meadow. The SGDC is located on private property, trespassers, when caught would be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Fees: Annual memberships are $300 and include a club clothing kit, lowered gate fees ($5 per visit), and other benefits. Daily non-membership gate fees are $30. Carpooling groups of 4 or more, who arrive in one vehicle, will receive a 25% discount on gate fees (reduce per person gate fee of $22.50). Residents within a 20 mile radius only pay $20 per day. Special bicycle club group memberships and special event prices are available. All events are insured via USA Cycling

Web Info: SGDC Activities - http://www.ridesb.com/sgdc_activities.htm
    Calendar - http://www.ridesb.com/sgdc_activitie...8_calendar.htm
    Club Membership Application - http://www.ridesb.com/images/formsmaps/sgdc_app.pdf (Cut and paste this one or any of the others if they don't work via mtbr ... )
    email – mike@ridesb.com
    phone – (805) 896-0673

Glad to Be Alive
    very cool.....finally bikes only in socal
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Pixie Dust Addict
    Aug 2004
    Congratulations on getting SGDC off the ground Mike! I am scheduled to work at the shop on Sunday, but I'm going to try and make it first thing Sunday AM.

Looking forward to seeing the new kit. Are members gonna have number plates like you were first envisioning?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2TurnersNotEnough
    Congratulations on getting SGDC off the ground Mike! I am scheduled to work at the shop on Sunday, but I'm going to try and make it first thing Sunday AM.

Looking forward to seeing the new kit. Are members gonna have number plates like you were first envisioning?
    Numberplates eventually Paul, you'll be #2! I'm working on a Title Sponsor, so the kits are still a ways off but on the way.

MH

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    very cool.....finally bikes only in socal
    Damn, we gave those Spurs a game tonight ... Lakers in 5!

Make sure you come on up to the SGDC ...

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I raced at the San Ynez classic and thought the trails were excellent. $30 for a one day pass is pretty steep, though. Can you still do morning trailwork to skip the fees? I'll probably head out there sometime during the summer when my family goes on our annual camping trip.

But yeah, this is exactly the type of thing that SoCal and mountain biking needs more of!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by office
    I raced at the San Ynez classic and thought the trails were excellent. $30 for a one day pass is pretty steep, though. Can you still do morning trailwork to skip the fees? I'll probably head out there sometime during the summer when my family goes on our annual camping trip.

But yeah, this is exactly the type of thing that SoCal and mountain biking needs more of!
    Well the property comes with a price ... the owners get 1/2 and the SGDC gets the other 1/2. That's not a lot to work with for insurance, and improvements. We are working on industry support with the hopes of lowering the fees. This is just a start. If you bring a car load of people we'll give a discount.

mh

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Congrats, this is great news.

Just curious about the item below:

WHEN: Saturdays and Sundays from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM for SGDC members and daily non-member visitors. Wednesday afternoons the SGDC will be open from 3 PM to dark for members only
    The online calendar suggests that on Wed afternoons members are free and visitors (V) will be charged $5. Can visitors pay to ride on Wed?

Thanks
    R

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by EMrider
    Congrats, this is great news.

Just curious about the item below:

The online calendar suggests that on Wed afternoons members are free and visitors (V) will be charged $5. Can visitors pay to ride on Wed?

Thanks
    R
    Glad you think this is great news. Well if there are non-members that want to pay the $5 on Wed. evenings we'll welcome them. But we really want locals to join the club.

mh

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by fast hecky
    Glad you think this is great news. Well if there are non-members that want to pay the $5 on Wed. evenings we'll welcome them. But we really want locals to join the club.

mh
    Thanks!

Work travel will bring me up into that area in July during the week. I'd like to come by on a Wed and check out the venue.
    R

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by EMrider
    Thanks!

Work travel will bring me up into that area in July during the week. I'd like to come by on a Wed and check out the venue.
    R
    Ok just let me know the date in advance.

Stray Bullet
    What kind of trails do you have to ride? DH, Dual? Is there a pump track?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagaredama
    What kind of trails do you have to ride? DH, Dual? Is there a pump track?
    2 DH runs, Dual Slalom and 12 miles of fun XC with about 10 miles of single track. Plans are in the works to build a LARGE Pump Track, 3 more DH runs and a Skills Area.

Stray Bullet
    Quote Originally Posted by fast hecky
    2 DH runs, Dual Slalom and 12 miles of fun XC with about 10 miles of single track. Plans are in the works to build a LARGE Pump Track, 3 more DH runs and a Skills Area.
    Thanks, the wife and I will be there to ride in July.