mtbr member
    Sep 2005

STOLEN Red MTBs (in Santa Cruz): Niner One9 SS and Santa Cruz Bullit DH

Super sucks but got my 2 mountain bikes stolen from my house on the night of January 2nd in Santa Cruz, CA. The bummer is that I just finished building up the Niner One9 in December.
    noter: cross-posted this in the norcal forum too.

Any information on the bikes would be really appreciated!

Niner One9 Single Speed Red: STOLEN
    Large - Red Hot Tamale
    Serial number: PY6240119
    Niner carbon rigid fork - hot tamale
    Ninner carbon handle bar
    Chris King Headset - red
    Easton Haven 55mm Stem
    Shimano XT brake (180mm disc)
    Shimano XTR PD-M980 pedals
    Easton Haven Wheels and seat post
    Maxxis Tires

Santa Cruz Bullit Red: Downhill bike STOLEN
    size Large - Red
    Fox rear shock
    Marzocchi fork
    Platform pedals, single ring front, etc.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails STOLEN Red MTBs (in Santa Cruz): Niner One9 SS and Santa Cruz Bullit DH-niner-one9-ss-1024.jpg  

STOLEN Red MTBs (in Santa Cruz): Niner One9 SS and Santa Cruz Bullit DH-santa-cruz-bullit-jeff%40jeffmerlet.com.jpg  

Life Is Short
    that sucks. Keep an eye out on CraigsLoser. In the Hope This makes You Feel Better Dept, in 2006
    some assclown broke into my garage and stole my SC Bullit as well. Also they took my hardtail (no big loss but $400 regardless) Probably meth heads.

It was a year old. Never recovered it and if I claimed home owners insurance my rate would have gone up 6%. Did the math and it wasn't worth making the claim, so if these know-it-alls urge you to file a claim, better do the math first.

Too bad about the Niner, looks like a great bike.
    Ride More, Eat More

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    yes a bummer as the inner was a great build, and the few rides i did on it i love iy. need to build another one now
    and i'm not going to claim it on my homeowner insurance as not worth it; and on top of it i've a $5k deductible. But apparently, i'm going to check with aaa, you can 'schedule' your bike(s), or other items, as separate items on your policy and with a different deductible, like $500 allowing to claim it without having effect on the main home policy. But i've some doubts and that's why i'm going to check first as insurances are not angels.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    i live in felton and if i see someone on those bikes they may crash hard.

had my house broken into last year and i have a vast hatred of thieves. good luck and if i see anything ill pm you.

inexperienced at large
    Apr 2011
    I'll keep an eye out whenever I go riding around SLO. Those bikes are rather unique so hopefully something can be worked out. Call all local shops