mtbr member
    Aug 2005

stolen bikes in pasadena

Hey guys,
    Five bikes were taken from my apartment in Pasadena last night. Keep your eyes out for me if you could.

1) 2008 Trek Fuel EX 8 - Khaki Green. Bontrager Rhythm wheels. Magnesium rocker link
    2) 2008 Trek Madone - Raw carbon, no decals. Aoleous aero wheels
    3) 2009 Trek Carbon Fuel EX - Completely white. No decals. White grips. Bontrager Race X Lite Wheels
    4) 2007 or 2008 Trek T1 Track bike. Red with carbon bullhorn/aerobar thing.
    5) 2007 Trek 69er Single Speed w/white Fox F29 100mm fork

Call me or send a PM if you know anything.
    661-309-3926. Thanks

-Greg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cashtar; 07-26-2008 at 04:45 PM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    That is just pathetic...sorry to hear that.

I will keep an eye out on Ebay and Craigs list also.

mtbr member
    Totally sorry! I'm only a few miles from you. Care to share what happened? Was it just the bikes or a whole home invasion thing? I keep both my bikes in the house as well.

Master of the Face Plant
    Feb 2004
    Serves you right for having so many nice bikes. Just kidding. Get some pics and I will be on the lookout.

REALLY?
    Ok it was me....I want 10.000$ within 48hrs or the bike(s) get it...no, no...I'm sorry man, that really sucks, I feel your pain and I hope you get them back.
    DJ, "Because I'm sure the world need's more dudes stalking the woods stoned out of their mind carrying a deadly weapon."

Glad to Be Alive
    sorry to hear....share the story in more detail.....I lock my bikes in the garage
    Last edited by SHIVER ME TIMBERS; 07-21-2008 at 06:08 PM.
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    maybe instead of "investing" in all those bikes you could spend a little more on rent somewhere else. Sucks about your bikes.

That's gonna leave a mark
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    sorry to here....share the story in more detail.....I lock my bikes in the garage
    Sorry to "where"?

I know several people who've had their locked garage "burgled".

I added a motion detector alarm system, cut the power to the automatic opener when I'm away, dead bolt the roller doors and metal side door, and chain everything up. If my bikes are stolen, it's an inside job.
    Fat fanatic.

"Where the Fox Hat?" Endurance Team
    SoCal Colavita Road/MTB club

That's gonna leave a mark
    Quote Originally Posted by redspotff
    maybe instead of "investing" in all those bikes you could spend a little more on rent somewhere else.
    That's cold....
    Fat fanatic.

"Where the Fox Hat?" Endurance Team
    SoCal Colavita Road/MTB club

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Upchuck
    Sorry to "where"?

I know several people who've had their locked garage "burgled".

I added a motion detector alarm system, cut the power to the automatic opener when I'm away, dead bolt the roller doors and metal side door, and chain everything up. If my bikes are stolen, it's an inside job.
    arrrrr........ ye be knowz me spells is suspect.....arrrr

no my garaged is locked and I also lock the bikes up inside the garage with cables
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    sorry to hear....share the story in more detail.....I lock my bikes in the garage
    Locking the bikes up... what a fine idea!

The story briefly...
    The bikes are kept in the living room of my small 2 bedroom apartment. My roommate and I were home, just not in the living room. Lights were on, and the screen door was shut but the 'main' wooden door open (it was hot out!!). Someone quietly opened the screen door, came inside and rolled out the bikes. My roommate ended up hearing & catching the guy in the living room, but he fled. There was one bike in the front yard, but he (or they?) got away with five of them.

Anyhow, I added pictures to my original post. Let me know if you see any around...
    Thanks
    -Greg

fat guy on a little bike
    Apr 2007
    I dont park one of my cars in the garage. But I am so paranoid of having my garage broke into that I wont leave a garage door opener in the car overnight.
    Im just another smart ass.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by cashtar
    Locking the bikes up... what a fine idea!

The story briefly...
    The bikes are kept in the living room of my small 2 bedroom apartment. My roommate and I were home, just not in the living room. Lights were on, and the screen door was shut but the 'main' wooden door open (it was hot out!!). Someone quietly opened the screen door, came inside and rolled out the bikes. My roommate ended up hearing & catching the guy in the living room, but he fled. There was one bike in the front yard, but he (or they?) got away with five of them.

Anyhow, I added pictures to my original post. Let me know if you see any around...
    Thanks
    -Greg
    man awful story.....good luck finding them...hopefully you have renters insurance

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I'm on road rides during the week that keep me around pasadena so I will keep an eye out.

Go Lakers!
    Man u can't even leave your door open when u r home anymore. That really sucks. I do not usually ride in the Pasadena area but I will keep an eye out for anything in Simi. Sorry for your loss, that is a heck of alot of bikes to replace. Good Luck!
    [SIZE="3"]Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift that's why they call it the present [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Somebody is hitting Pasadena apartment garages. I lost a Voodoo and a Cannondale this week. Word from our apartment manager is that the guy has nabbed 14 bikes in two weeks from different buildings in our neighboorhood, even hitting some places two nights in a row.

mtbr member
    Cashtar....

I live in south pas, so far haven't heard of anything yet. Did you file a police report? If so, what did they tell you?

South Pasadena is a safe city I live in an apartment as well but Im hesitant to show off any of my bike when I ride around the neighborhood with my kids I always use my antique GT LTS I figure the thieves wont think its good enough. Come to think of it, if its happenning alot in Pasadena maybe you guys should pull your rack off your cars so they wont know that you have bikes if they are just cruising around the neighborhood to prospect for bike owners.

It sucks we have to go through extremes just to secure our hobbies.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I lived in Pasadena in an appartment on the 1st floor, and always left my bikes out on the patio close to a parking lot... Never had any problems (but may habe just been lucky). Now I leave them in my garage (and gate and garage door are closed).

Mt Wilson Motoboy

I'm in Pasadena

And if thieves come around my place this is what they'll get.

We're still out here lookin' for your bikes.
    [SIZE="2"][SIZE="2"][SIZE="2"]"My people are the people of the dessert!"
    said T.E. Lawrence picking up his fork...[/SIZE]
    [/SIZE][/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    wow greg,

hope you get thoes bikes back........