mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Stolen Bikes in NorCal !!!

On October 3 or 4 I had 2 bikes stolen from a Hillsborough, CA garage (just south of SF) - a 2007 Ibis Mojo and a 2008 Retrotec Twin. I've attached the police flyer. Please contact these folks if you see the bikes or see a post listing them for sale: Hillsborough Police Inspector P.Gould (650) 375-7455 or Corporal P. Scatena (650) 375-7598; Hillsborough Police Dept. - Investigations (650) 375-7470.

Bike spec's (note, spec's below are more current than the pictures attached):

Ibis Mojo (Serial No. 06M0318)

Full-suspension medium carbon fiber frame in black carbon fiber weave with silver nickel pivots (Lopes link installed)
    Fox RP23 rear shock, black (no stickers) / Fox Float 32 140 front fork, gray (PUSH Indust. stickers)
    Shimano XT wheels, cranks, and derailleurs / Shimano XTR pedals and shifters / Magura Marta disc brakes, silver / Big Betty 2.4 tires/ White Peaty grips with red and blue clamps / FSA Gravity Carbon handlebars
    Bike had no seat or seat post when stolen and a black plastic camera mount was stuck on right side of the frame near the head tube.

Retrotec Twin

Hardtail frame with light blue & light brown powder coat scalloped paint
    Fox Float 100 fork, black / Shimano XTR wheels, cranks, pedals, shifters and derailleurs
    Kenda Nevegal rear tire / Specialized Eskar front tire / Magura Marta disc brakes, black / Ritchey WCS carbon fiber handlebar / Thompson stem and seatpost, black / SDG Ti Fly saddle
    Bike had a spoke missing from the rear wheel and paint chips on top tubes from shifters.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Stolen Bikes in NorCal !!!-twin1.jpg  

Attached Files Attached Files
    Ok, guy.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Serves you right for living in NorCal -- kidding, I'm still a little bitter about the Giants ruining the post-season for the Padres.

That's a distinctive (and sweet-looking) hardtail. In the unlikely event I see a bike like it down here in San Diego, I'll pm you.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Thanks Canaan. The Giants in the postseason is the only thing seeing me through these dark days of bike theivery. And the Padres did themselves in with that 0 fer 11 run in Sept. Sure made it interesting tho.
    Ok, guy.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by gavman
    Thanks Canaan. The Giants in the postseason is the only thing seeing me through these dark days of bike theivery. And the Padres did themselves in with that 0 fer 11 run in Sept. Sure made it interesting tho.
    Most people (me included) picked the Padres to finish last in the NL West, so they definitely exceeded expectations. Not bad for having the second-lowest payroll in professional baseball . . . .

Good luck finding your bikes.

Glad to Be Alive
    Go Giants

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    Go Giants
    The team's alright, but the fans are a bunch of battery-chucks . . . .

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Canaan
    The team's alright, but the fans are a bunch of battery-chucks . . . .
    yep....I couldn't believe the way the padres fell apart...no chemistry for dodgers...long time Giant fan

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    yep....I couldn't believe the way the padres fell apart...no chemistry for dodgers...long time Giant fan
    I'd actually like to see the Giants do well -- I went to school in the Bay Area and there's the Bochy connection too. Good luck.

what is this
    last time i worked in the bay area i heard that the oakland swap meet sold alot of bikes that may or may not be stolen.

May the Force be with you
    Go Giants!