mtbr member

Stat's for Trabuco/Bell Ridge Ride?

Does anyone have the stat's (mileage and elevation gain) for the Trabuco/Bell Ridge ride? It's not listed on geoladders.

thanks
    Always preach the Gospel; even if you need to use words.

mtbr member
    Hey Andy,
    Me, Dan and Laredog did that ride 2 weeks ago its just under 20 miles i'm not sure about the elevation gain. When are you planning on riding it. Its a killer loop.
    Warrior's Society > WarriorsSociety.org
    Team Sho-Air > Team-shoair.com
    Coolest LBS > Switchbackcylery.com
    Socal Riders Unite > Socaltrailriders.org

dft
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy aka Rut
    Does anyone have the stat's (mileage and elevation gain) for the Trabuco/Bell Ridge ride? It's not listed on geoladders.

thanks
    no idea of the total up due to all the ups and downs. but the starting elevation of bell is 4500 and you end at about 1200 feet. its a good one when cleared. gotta love can't see bottom drop!

mtbr member
    thanks you guys.
    We recently did a loop that included climbing Trabuco, descending Los Pinos, climbing San Juan to Bluejay to the top of Trabuco and down Bell Ridge. No one brought a GPS so we are attempting to figure out the total elevation gain by simply adding the two loops together separately. It was a beast of a day. 11.5 hours, 5 flat tires (including mine this morning), several bonks, 1 dinged Turner frame (S. Timm) and about 100 near death experiences.
    Today the legs feel a little slug'ish.

Just another Homer
    Only 100 near death experiences. I just had one reading that. Gawd, am I glad I didn't hear about this ride. Man, that had to hurt.
    I may not be as good as I once was.
    But I'm as good once, as I ever was.
    Toby Keith

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Stats for Bell Ridge in average per ride format:
    2 moments of dispair. 1 freind lost (at least from the mtb scene). 6 moments of sheer inspiration. Too many merciless hike a bike sections to count. One rider down on can't see the bottom drop (sick section). 3 ticks pulled from body (seasonal). One trail side nap. 2 layers of skin lost to bushes. 3 times removing shoes and dumping dust and rocks out. 17 forms of plant life packed in to the buckles on shoes. Great ride.

Expert Pushing SSer
    thanks you guys.
    We recently did a loop that included climbing Trabuco, descending Los Pinos, climbing San Juan to Bluejay to the top of Trabuco and down Bell Ridge. No one brought a GPS so we are attempting to figure out the total elevation gain by simply adding the two loops together separately. It was a beast of a day. 11.5 hours, 5 flat tires (including mine this morning), several bonks, 1 dinged Turner frame (S. Timm) and about 100 near death experiences.
    That is truly inspirational! I just got Drew's write up. Congrats on that achievement to yous all!

M
    Tuff Schist

Negative Rep Points!!!!

Whoa!

[SIZE="6"]Holy Crap, you guys. [/SIZE] Isn't it a bit early to start your Vision Quest training rides?

I'm glad I sat around last weekend in my skort and drank beer instead of hooking up with you psychos.

Aqua
    What the EFF is "All MOUNTAIN"???

dft
    mtbr member
    thanks you guys.
    dam impressive dude!!! i do a loop with one of those descents and i'm toast! (granted i'm slugging up a 42 pound rig), but still! LP is alittle longer and maybe a tad more epic, but BR is more techno and has wilder sections. its a toss up for me what i like better, probably BR.

hey add in coldwater next time for a 16 hour ride!!

ps. if you don't mind HAB, join us for our annual PS 8k vert ride in october

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dft
    ps. if you don't mind HAB, join us for our annual PS 8k vert ride in october
    What is HAB? Having A Blast??
    Do you mind me riding a 20lb'er???

throw out the 411.

mtbr member
    May 2004

throw out the 411.
    With DFT, it's likely Having a Bonghit.

dft
    mtbr member

throw out the 411.
    i just PM'ed you.

dft
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BrahMa
    With DFT, it's likely Having a Bonghit.
    dude, your confusing me with big bad ben or someone!
    come on guys, you know my rep, HAB = hike-a-bike. you know, that joyous feeling of pushing your bike for 8+ hours UP!

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    While you guys are on the topic of bell ridge, can someone please tell me how to get to the trail from the top of trabuco trail.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by shoodes
    While you guys are on the topic of bell ridge, can someone please tell me how to get to the trail from the top of trabuco trail.
    Hike a bike up the wash out or take LOs Pinos trail to Los Pinos peak and theres right turn you take thats kind of hard to find.
    Warrior's Society > WarriorsSociety.org
    Team Sho-Air > Team-shoair.com
    Coolest LBS > Switchbackcylery.com
    Socal Riders Unite > Socaltrailriders.org

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by shoodes
    You'll have to be put on the invite list for the next D6. Or maybe the upcoming D8!!