Trying a little

Cool-blue Rhythm Southridge Race This Weekend

For those who are living under a rock, just a reminder NORBA race this weekend XC DH and maybe even 4X. Also on Sunday PM, the Cal State DH race, same venue!

Cherry Avenue in Fontana.

Here's the linky

http://www.southridgeusa.com

Good chance to catch some racing action and probably see some pros showing how it's done.

[SIZE="5"]Get on out there!![/SIZE]

I never apologize. I'm sorry, but that's just the way I am.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I have never been there. Does anybody have any coarse info for the XC races, Sport class. Miles per lap and elevation gain. How long are the climbs? Dirt condition, Any info would be great...Thanks in advance

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mcrent100
    I have never been there. Does anybody have any coarse info for the XC races, Sport class. Miles per lap and elevation gain. How long are the climbs? Dirt condition, Any info would be great...Thanks in advance
    If I remember from winter series #2 about 7 miles per lap maybe 2k ft climbing total. Sandy in places but some nice twisty singletrack. Climb a paved road at first and then up a moderate singletrack, descend, fireroad for a 1/2 mile, then another short climb, descend, another short climb, descend and cross a couple of cement water diversions and culverts. Then fireroad back to short climb, short descent and do it one more time.

Weather should be as good as could be for the locale. I'm racing Sport 50+.

John

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Thanks alot for the info.. So I suspect I shouold be prepaired for about 1:20 of suffering give ot take a few min...Thanks again and have a good race tomorrow!!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    That's about right. Just be careful of the cement on the back of the course. One is a 12 inch step down and 8 feet later a 12 inch vertcal step up. A few 100 feet further you ride a culvert for 50 feet and then turn left and ride another culvert at about 45 degrees straight down to the fireroad below. Not a problem to ride except if you hit them too fast.

Good luck yourself and have fun.

John

Trying a little
    pros did 5 laps

mtbr member
    Spent most of the day there.

Kabush is not human...

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Just returned myself. 2 laps a mid pack finish and I stopped counting the crashes after crash #5

I could have done a 3rd lap but it really was sketchy in that sand. Glad to be done. On to Sea Otter.

John

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Yes sir...I had a sixth place finish with a good crash myself..Both knees look like hamburger with a half a softball on my left shin and another on my right quad... Pretty ,tore up course after the big boys raced yesterday. Too bad it didn't rain for an hour or so before the start.. ..I should have left my fat tires on my bike...I'll be better prepaired next time...Sill had a good time...

Trying a little

Pro Men XC Results

Here are the pro men XC results

Trying a little

And here's a pic of Kabush

Here's the muttonchop man.
    Representing BC. A lot of BC races in the top, hope you noticed.

The pro mens XC was 5 laps of 7 miles.
    The course at Fontana is brutal - except for a short 1/4 mile strech the course is 10 minute uphills followed by losing all that vertical in 30 second, scary steep rutted powdery sand downhills, that don't give you any time to recover, and then another 10 minute uphill right away, followed by another 30 second downhill, repeat.

So him and the other top guys averaged what 17MPH?

The big difference is he had enough lead to just roll in casually to the finish line, no sprinting needed.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dusthuffer

The pro mens XC was 5 laps of 7 miles.
    They actually shortened up the course a tad for pro men. For sure they rerouted them down the first cement culvert descent on the far side hill (instead of riding through that to the next one). Not sure how much time that cut off. I forget whether or not any of the rest of the course was cut out or not.