mtbr member

Southridge Park - Fontana, CA

Still new to sport and trying out different trails each week. I tried looking up this trail here but not too much info on where to park and where to start, etc. I have newbie friends out in the Inland Empire that wants to try it out. I did get info here at:

http://www.socalmtb.com/socal/trails/southridge_.htm

Any other pointers as far as difficulty, terrain, tips, pictures, etc. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Why aren't you riding????
    It is HOT, dry, and HOT!

try geoladders.com for more info.

Specialized Rida
    Quote Originally Posted by onegymrat
    Still new to sport and trying out different trails each week. I tried looking up this trail here but not too much info on where to park and where to start, etc. I have newbie friends out in the Inland Empire that wants to try it out. I did get info here at:

http://www.socalmtb.com/socal/trails/southridge_.htm

Any other pointers as far as difficulty, terrain, tips, pictures, etc. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

First thing is first. It is going to be crazy hot no matter when you go. so plan accordingly.

There is only one spot to park and this where the park is. on one side you will see normal park and on the other side you will see a mountain.
    Now go to the end of the mountain and follow the trail that goes along the side of the houses on the far right of the mountain.
    Just follow it all the way up and you will see part of the race couse along the house wall/fence line.
    If you keep walking you will see a road and a water tower at the top.
    go up there and pass the water tower to the top of the same hill. Then you will trails and lines that run down that same mountain you just walked up. Feel free to pick any line and go all the way down untill you reach the bottom of the fireroad. So far that is part of the race course and if you would continue down the house line all the way down to the trees at the park that will be the entire race course for DH (length wise).

Here you can find some info on races and picture so you can get an idea on what the terrain is like.

if you scroll down the middle of the page you will see a picture of a video camera next to the 2005 results words. click on it and you can see the pictures.

GOT DIRT!!

Good job!

I was thinking about doing a ride at southridge this Sun. (7/23). If you are interested let me know. I ride there all the time.