pwn3rator

someone taking pictures on tunnel today...who is it...

today i hike-a-biked up tunnel trail in SB. it is only the second time i've actually gone UP tunnel, but it was really fun anyway and hiking up made the ride down that much better. anyways, when i was coming down i went around a corner only to find some guy standing there, camera in hand, taking pictures of me. i stopped and asked him not to take pictures of me because i wasn't 18 and my parents nor i gave him permission. he mumbled okay. then i asked him who he was and what the pictures were for.(we have problems with anti-biking organizations here in SB taking pictures of us and using them against us at public trail meetings). he instantly got all defensive and told me he would delete the picture. he never told me any information about him. i was just awondering if this has hapend to anyone else or if anyone knows who he is. the guy was about 6' 1", medium build, short(crew cut style) dark(almost black) hair. he was probably in his late 30's. any help is appreciated. oh, i also saw a rattle snake...
    [SIZE=-4]SOCAL UNION REPREZENT[/SIZE]
    Quote Originally Posted by JBsoxB
    does it still qualify as a mountainbike?
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    I've beat beer cans on my limp pee pee.

moaaar shimz
    Probably a child abuser that want to touch you.

Mountain Biker
    Yep.
    Be at the Rio on June 12th at 7:00pm!

Premier of Sonar!

Equal opportunity meanie
    Sounds like they're trying to get some publicity of riders in the flesh to show how extreme and dangerous we are on the trails. Shoulda made him show you him deleting the photo along with any others that he took of riders that he didn't have written consent for.

mtbr dismember

No permission needed

You were in a public place and therefore anyone may take your photo without your permission, regardless of your age. And you could get into trouble if you hassle them. This has been settled by the courts many times. You have no "reasonable expectation of privacy" in any public place. I dare you to post this in a forum at Digital Photography Review.

See also: http://www.krages.com/ThePhotographersRight.pdf
    Last edited by Wherewolf; 04-08-2007 at 02:19 PM.

pwn3rator
    Quote Originally Posted by DHidiot
    Sounds like they're trying to get some publicity of riders in the flesh to show how extreme and dangerous we are on the trails. Shoulda made him show you him deleting the photo along with any others that he took of riders that he didn't have written consent for.
    that's what i was thinking. luckily i wasn't wearing any shin guards or other armor. i just had my dj helmet and gloves so i hope i didn't have that stereotypical "extreme" look.
    [SIZE=-4]SOCAL UNION REPREZENT[/SIZE]
    Quote Originally Posted by JBsoxB
    does it still qualify as a mountainbike?
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    I've beat beer cans on my limp pee pee.

high plains drifter
    I had my picture taken once for a curfew sweep of under age kids and the photographer said nothing to me and it ended up on the front page of the news paper.my friends and nieghbors heckled me for weeks. and here some mtb content
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Humble self-proclaimed nothing.

Equal opportunity meanie
    Quote Originally Posted by scabrider
    that's what i was thinking. luckily i wasn't wearing any shin guards or other armor. i just had my dj helmet and gloves so i hope i didn't have that stereotypical "extreme" look.
    No fullface on Tunnel? That's pretty ballsy. But you're right - that would have a more "tame" look to it if someone was going to use it for demonstrative purposes.

We've had hikers take pictures of us before when we were at the bottom of Saddlerock, but they were genuinely curious about the bikes and had no idea bikes could even ride that terrain, so they were into it as a rare sighting type of thing. That one I didn't have a problem with. Some paparazzi style guy acting all shady about taking my picture would be a BIG problem.

Is Nat'l Forest still considered public space? How about BLM land or OHV areas?

Stray Bullet
    Quote Originally Posted by DHidiot

Is Nat'l Forest still considered public space? How about BLM land or OHV areas?
    Yes, anything other than private property is considered a public place.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Wherewolf
    You were in a public place and therefore anyone may take your photo without your permission, regardless of your age. And you could get into trouble if you hassle them. This has been settled by the courts many times. You have no "reasonable expectation of privacy" in any public place. I dare you to post this in a forum at Digital Photography Review.

See also: http://www.krages.com/ThePhotographersRight.pdf

very true.....from what photomom said
    as long as the details of your face are not clearly reconizable then they can use the pic for even for profit
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days