Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: SoCal Team?

mtbr member

SoCal Team?

I was wondering if there is a team or something in oc? Or just a group of people who ride together? I was thinking it would be cool if there was a team type thing going i dunno just an idea what do you guys think?

stay thirsty, my friends
    I saw a sticker that said "MountainBike Mafia" on the back of a truck at Fullerton one day. Maybe that's a team with some members here?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LBguy
    I saw a sticker that said "MountainBike Mafia" on the back of a truck at Fullerton one day. Maybe that's a team with some members here?

I never heard of that but I'm down to start one!!

Maybe just a group of guys or girls who ride every weekend....I'm totally for it!

Would be a awesome of meeting new riders and finding new trails.

Anyone else in the OC down for this??

Matt
    Intense Tracer

mtbr member
    sounds good 2 me. Lets do this.

Just passing through....
    Quote Originally Posted by KamikazeBikr
    I never heard of that but I'm down to start one!!

Maybe just a group of guys or girls who ride every weekend....I'm totally for it!

Would be a awesome of meeting new riders and finding new trails.

Anyone else in the OC down for this??

Matt
    I'm just a few miles out of the O.C. but I'll ride with you guys.
    If you want to play with electricity, more power to ya......

mtbr member

Lets ride this saturday

Anyone up for a ride this saturday anywhere in OC? I would say the earlier the better?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by aztec
    Anyone up for a ride this saturday anywhere in OC? I would say the earlier the better?

Yeaahhh I should be able to make it....

I havnt ridden Crystal Cove (el morro) in a loonggg time?

Anyone else??
    Intense Tracer

stay thirsty, my friends
    Lots of people ride Fullerton Thursday nites at 6.30. We start at the courthouse.

mtbr member
    Crystal Cove sounds good i have never been there before so lets do that anyone else up for it? Oh i need dorections

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Count me in

I'm in Yorba Linda.

A couple friends and I ride the Fullerton loop Saturday mornings around 7:30 am.
    I ride Chino Hills during the week at lunch time (usually around 12-13 miles).

I'd love to be able to hook up with a group and try new trails.

David

mtbr member
    Crystal Cove sounds good i have never been there before so lets do that anyone else up for it? Oh i need dorections

Heres a link for directions....click here

Crystal Cove Saturday morning??

anyone else??

Matt
    Intense Tracer

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I think I can make it. What is cost for parking? Where is everyone going to meet?

I'd classify myself as a good intermediate rider.

mtbr member
    I'd classify myself as a newbie rider with a mongoose hahah just kidding i have a 04 SJ FSR but i wasnt kidding around with the newbie rider hahahah

I've got a Stiffee
    I'd be up for it but I work on Saturdays I usually ride Sunday mornings with Bdee. I'll say this about El Moro.....I rode there about a week and a half ago and the conditions are terrible on the singletrack....very sandy and loose. On top of that they are charging $10 for parking now which is ludicrous (but avoidable with some "recycling"). If you head over into Laguna Coast Wilderness park adjacent to El Moro you can make a fun little side loop to ad a good downhill singletrack (Old Emerald)....but then you have a mile long uphill climb to get back into El Moro. If you know where the good singletrack is around there then El Moro is ok, but Aliso/Wood Canyon is far better.

If any of you guys want to hook up for a Sunday morning ride sometime let me know.

Just passing through....
    Quote Originally Posted by FXRob
    I'd be up for it but I work on Saturdays I usually ride Sunday mornings with Bdee. I'll say this about El Moro.....I rode there about a week and a half ago and the conditions are terrible on the singletrack....very sandy and loose. On top of that they are charging $10 for parking now which is ludicrous (but avoidable with some "recycling"). If you head over into Laguna Coast Wilderness park adjacent to El Moro you can make a fun little side loop to ad a good downhill singletrack (Old Emerald)....but then you have a mile long uphill climb to get back into El Moro. If you know where the good singletrack is around there then El Moro is ok, but Aliso/Wood Canyon is far better.

If any of you guys want to hook up for a Sunday morning ride sometime let me know.
    I can make it most Saturdays, but this Saturday I have to work. Maybe someone could make up an email list and notify us of planned rides.

mtbr member
    Sounds good everyone who would like to be a part of this send me an email at hernandez_90@yahoo.com

_
    Mar 2004
    I"m down for this, i live in Long Beach, belmont shore area, so I'm close to "the OC". Anyhow, I would have to say that I wouldn't be down for Fullerton Loop, I'd rather ride elsewhere, for me, its not worth the drive.

Like FXrob said, El Moro is pretty haggard right now, and it is mainly fireroad with some pretty cool singletracks that are a little more less known. I work in Newport, so, tonight after work i am going to hit el moro around 6:15 or so.

As far as the weekends go, FXrob and I usually ride sunday mornings, I'm down for a saturday morning ride this week though. I'll email "aztec" and get in on this group ride. My vote would have to be for Aliso/Woods over El Moro for this saturday's ride.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I'm in Yorba Linda and willing to drive to the south to meet up. I have no preference as to which area to ride.
    What mileage are we looking at here?

Over the Hill
    I was wondering if there is a team or something in oc? Or just a group of people who ride together? I was thinking it would be cool if there was a team type thing going i dunno just an idea what do you guys think?

Radless Ride Announcement #1725

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The place to ride is Aliso Woods Canyon
    Date: 8/13/2004 at 5:45:00 PM

Ride Statistics and Information:

Club or Sponsor: Radless
    Ride Type: Mountain
    Ride will take approximately some unspecified number of hours, probably between 2 and 3 hours to complete.
    We are expecting to ride about some unspecified number miles.
    The possible elevation gain wiil be some unspecified vertical elevation, probably between 500 and 1,500.
    Ride Details:
    Is that good or bad when the FRED ride lands on Friday the 13th? Come see how we do it! Meet in the main parking lot Party out to Lynx Stamp on those pedals back to the cars Get yo grubbin' on at Wahoo's Thanks to everyone who dressed up last week. It was a great crowd and I think we've recruited some new victims.

To sign up for this ride, visit the link below and log in with your user name and password at http://www.radless.com/cycling

Thank you,
    The Peoples Central Ride Planning Committee and Directorate

giddy up!

Actually...

...that radless ride could be a waste.

I think most of the regulars are going to be at the 12 hour in big bear. I would probably wait until the next friday..the 20th. There definitely won't be any BOB trailers this friday night, so food and drinks will be lacking in a big way.

But, come on out friday the 20th, 5:45 ride time. Bring food and drink.

Brian
    www.thepathbikeshop.com

mtbr member

Saturday

Date? Saturday Aug 14
    Location? Aliso Woods Canyon
    Time? 9:00 AM
    Meet? We will meet at main entrance by the sign and the map of park is located.

I drive a black scion xb

Hope to see you guys there.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Hope you don't mind if an old fart tags along.
    Never been to Aliso Woods. Are there any directions? Is there a charge to park?
    What is the duration and mileage you are thinking about?
    Do I sound like a clueless idiot or what. Don't answer that.

I'm driving a black Highlander with a silver Epic hanging off the back.

_
    Mar 2004
    Its 2 or 3 bucks to park in the lot, or you can park free on the street, street parking usually fills up quickly on the weekends.

I was wondering what trails we are planning on doing. When I go, i usually ride the main fireroad from the bottom, hang a left and hop on the Coyote singletrack, back out to the fireroad, up to Cholla, up Cholla then down Lynx, back on the fireroad up to Cholla again, up Cholla to Rock-It, down Rock-it, hop back onto Coyote to the main fireroad, hang a right and hop on Dripping Cave, up and over Dripping Cave back to the main fireroad and back out to the truck. This ride is typically 14 or 15 miles.

Anyone have any other suggestions? ( i hate mathis, it is rather steep and boring )

mtbr member

Directions

Directions from LA 5 FWY exit Alicia Pkwy make a right go down about 5 miles pass Aliso Creek intersection make your first right and you will see the main entrance on the left hand side where there is a dirt parking lot.

Directions from San Diego 5 FWY exit Alicia Pkwy make a left go down about 5 miles pass Aliso Creek intersection make your first right and you will see the main entrance on the left hand side where there is a dirt parking lot.

This will be about a 10-12 mile ride.

Last edited by aztec; 08-13-2004 at 11:09 PM.

Just passing through....
    Directions from LA 5 FWY exit Alicia Pkwy make a right go down about 5 miles pass Aliso Creek intersection make your first right and you will see the main entrance on the left hand side where there is a dirt parking lot.

Directions from San Diego 5 FWY exit Alicia Pkwy make a left go down about 5 miles pass Aliso Creek intersection make your first right and you will see the main entrance on the left hand side where there is a dirt parking lot.

This will be about a 10-12 mile ride.

My Cell phone# ***-****
    Dude, you should erase your cell # and just email it to the group.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast