Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SoCal Team?

mtbr member

SoCal Team?

I was wondering if there is a team or something in oc? Or just a group of people who ride together? I was thinking it would be cool if there was a team type thing going i dunno just an idea what do you guys think?

stay thirsty, my friends
    I saw a sticker that said "MountainBike Mafia" on the back of a truck at Fullerton one day. Maybe that's a team with some members here?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LBguy
    I saw a sticker that said "MountainBike Mafia" on the back of a truck at Fullerton one day. Maybe that's a team with some members here?

I never heard of that but I'm down to start one!!

Maybe just a group of guys or girls who ride every weekend....I'm totally for it!

Would be a awesome of meeting new riders and finding new trails.

Anyone else in the OC down for this??

Matt
    Intense Tracer

mtbr member
    sounds good 2 me. Lets do this.

Just passing through....
    Quote Originally Posted by KamikazeBikr
    I never heard of that but I'm down to start one!!

Maybe just a group of guys or girls who ride every weekend....I'm totally for it!

Would be a awesome of meeting new riders and finding new trails.

Anyone else in the OC down for this??

Matt
    I'm just a few miles out of the O.C. but I'll ride with you guys.
    If you want to play with electricity, more power to ya......

mtbr member

Lets ride this saturday

Anyone up for a ride this saturday anywhere in OC? I would say the earlier the better?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by aztec
    Anyone up for a ride this saturday anywhere in OC? I would say the earlier the better?

Yeaahhh I should be able to make it....

I havnt ridden Crystal Cove (el morro) in a loonggg time?

Anyone else??
    Intense Tracer

stay thirsty, my friends
    Lots of people ride Fullerton Thursday nites at 6.30. We start at the courthouse.

mtbr member
    Crystal Cove sounds good i have never been there before so lets do that anyone else up for it? Oh i need dorections

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Count me in

I'm in Yorba Linda.

A couple friends and I ride the Fullerton loop Saturday mornings around 7:30 am.
    I ride Chino Hills during the week at lunch time (usually around 12-13 miles).

I'd love to be able to hook up with a group and try new trails.

David

mtbr member
    Crystal Cove sounds good i have never been there before so lets do that anyone else up for it? Oh i need dorections

Heres a link for directions....click here

Crystal Cove Saturday morning??

anyone else??

Matt
    Intense Tracer

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I think I can make it. What is cost for parking? Where is everyone going to meet?

I'd classify myself as a good intermediate rider.

mtbr member
    I'd classify myself as a newbie rider with a mongoose hahah just kidding i have a 04 SJ FSR but i wasnt kidding around with the newbie rider hahahah

I've got a Stiffee
    I'd be up for it but I work on Saturdays I usually ride Sunday mornings with Bdee. I'll say this about El Moro.....I rode there about a week and a half ago and the conditions are terrible on the singletrack....very sandy and loose. On top of that they are charging $10 for parking now which is ludicrous (but avoidable with some "recycling"). If you head over into Laguna Coast Wilderness park adjacent to El Moro you can make a fun little side loop to ad a good downhill singletrack (Old Emerald)....but then you have a mile long uphill climb to get back into El Moro. If you know where the good singletrack is around there then El Moro is ok, but Aliso/Wood Canyon is far better.

If any of you guys want to hook up for a Sunday morning ride sometime let me know.

Just passing through....
    Quote Originally Posted by FXRob
    I'd be up for it but I work on Saturdays I usually ride Sunday mornings with Bdee. I'll say this about El Moro.....I rode there about a week and a half ago and the conditions are terrible on the singletrack....very sandy and loose. On top of that they are charging $10 for parking now which is ludicrous (but avoidable with some "recycling"). If you head over into Laguna Coast Wilderness park adjacent to El Moro you can make a fun little side loop to ad a good downhill singletrack (Old Emerald)....but then you have a mile long uphill climb to get back into El Moro. If you know where the good singletrack is around there then El Moro is ok, but Aliso/Wood Canyon is far better.

If any of you guys want to hook up for a Sunday morning ride sometime let me know.
    I can make it most Saturdays, but this Saturday I have to work. Maybe someone could make up an email list and notify us of planned rides.

mtbr member
    Sounds good everyone who would like to be a part of this send me an email at hernandez_90@yahoo.com

_
    Mar 2004
    I"m down for this, i live in Long Beach, belmont shore area, so I'm close to "the OC". Anyhow, I would have to say that I wouldn't be down for Fullerton Loop, I'd rather ride elsewhere, for me, its not worth the drive.

Like FXrob said, El Moro is pretty haggard right now, and it is mainly fireroad with some pretty cool singletracks that are a little more less known. I work in Newport, so, tonight after work i am going to hit el moro around 6:15 or so.

As far as the weekends go, FXrob and I usually ride sunday mornings, I'm down for a saturday morning ride this week though. I'll email "aztec" and get in on this group ride. My vote would have to be for Aliso/Woods over El Moro for this saturday's ride.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I'm in Yorba Linda and willing to drive to the south to meet up. I have no preference as to which area to ride.
    What mileage are we looking at here?

Over the Hill
    I was wondering if there is a team or something in oc? Or just a group of people who ride together? I was thinking it would be cool if there was a team type thing going i dunno just an idea what do you guys think?

Radless Ride Announcement #1725

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The place to ride is Aliso Woods Canyon
    Date: 8/13/2004 at 5:45:00 PM

Ride Statistics and Information:

Club or Sponsor: Radless
    Ride Type: Mountain
    Ride will take approximately some unspecified number of hours, probably between 2 and 3 hours to complete.
    We are expecting to ride about some unspecified number miles.
    The possible elevation gain wiil be some unspecified vertical elevation, probably between 500 and 1,500.
    Ride Details:
    Is that good or bad when the FRED ride lands on Friday the 13th? Come see how we do it! Meet in the main parking lot Party out to Lynx Stamp on those pedals back to the cars Get yo grubbin' on at Wahoo's Thanks to everyone who dressed up last week. It was a great crowd and I think we've recruited some new victims.

To sign up for this ride, visit the link below and log in with your user name and password at http://www.radless.com/cycling

Thank you,
    The Peoples Central Ride Planning Committee and Directorate

giddy up!

Actually...

...that radless ride could be a waste.

I think most of the regulars are going to be at the 12 hour in big bear. I would probably wait until the next friday..the 20th. There definitely won't be any BOB trailers this friday night, so food and drinks will be lacking in a big way.

But, come on out friday the 20th, 5:45 ride time. Bring food and drink.

Brian
    www.thepathbikeshop.com

mtbr member

Saturday

Date? Saturday Aug 14
    Location? Aliso Woods Canyon
    Time? 9:00 AM
    Meet? We will meet at main entrance by the sign and the map of park is located.

I drive a black scion xb

Hope to see you guys there.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Hope you don't mind if an old fart tags along.
    Never been to Aliso Woods. Are there any directions? Is there a charge to park?
    What is the duration and mileage you are thinking about?
    Do I sound like a clueless idiot or what. Don't answer that.

I'm driving a black Highlander with a silver Epic hanging off the back.

_
    Mar 2004
    Its 2 or 3 bucks to park in the lot, or you can park free on the street, street parking usually fills up quickly on the weekends.

I was wondering what trails we are planning on doing. When I go, i usually ride the main fireroad from the bottom, hang a left and hop on the Coyote singletrack, back out to the fireroad, up to Cholla, up Cholla then down Lynx, back on the fireroad up to Cholla again, up Cholla to Rock-It, down Rock-it, hop back onto Coyote to the main fireroad, hang a right and hop on Dripping Cave, up and over Dripping Cave back to the main fireroad and back out to the truck. This ride is typically 14 or 15 miles.

Anyone have any other suggestions? ( i hate mathis, it is rather steep and boring )

mtbr member

Directions

Directions from LA 5 FWY exit Alicia Pkwy make a right go down about 5 miles pass Aliso Creek intersection make your first right and you will see the main entrance on the left hand side where there is a dirt parking lot.

Directions from San Diego 5 FWY exit Alicia Pkwy make a left go down about 5 miles pass Aliso Creek intersection make your first right and you will see the main entrance on the left hand side where there is a dirt parking lot.

This will be about a 10-12 mile ride.

Last edited by aztec; 08-13-2004 at 11:09 PM.

Just passing through....
    Directions from LA 5 FWY exit Alicia Pkwy make a right go down about 5 miles pass Aliso Creek intersection make your first right and you will see the main entrance on the left hand side where there is a dirt parking lot.

Directions from San Diego 5 FWY exit Alicia Pkwy make a left go down about 5 miles pass Aliso Creek intersection make your first right and you will see the main entrance on the left hand side where there is a dirt parking lot.

This will be about a 10-12 mile ride.

My Cell phone# ***-****
    Dude, you should erase your cell # and just email it to the group.

mtbr member
    Last Saturday was our first ride at Aliso Woods and we had 3 people total.

Still was a blast!!

This weekend our going to have another ride so contact Aztect or me if you want to ride with us this weekend...

Hopefully we can get some more people!

Matt
    Intense Tracer

_
    Mar 2004

Still was a blast!!

This weekend our going to have another ride so contact Aztect or me if you want to ride with us this weekend...

Matt
    FXrob and I are down, as long as its on sunday morning. I dropped you a "PM" kamikazebkr.

Just passing through....

Still was a blast!!

Matt

It'd have to be Saturday for me, but I'm in if it is.

Climbing Sucks.

Weekly OC Ride Every Mon Wed and Fri 6:00 am The McDonalds in fron of Whiting Ranch

We Ride 3 days a week for those interested. Usually either Aliso Woods or Whiting 6:00 AM Sharp. Email me if interested.

mtbr member

Smile Sunday Ride

Come Join us this sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where? Whiting Ranch
    Meet? Main entrance
    Time? 9:00AM
    When? Sunday Aug 22

-Aztec

mtbr member
    We have A Sunday ride planned for Whiting.

Now for Saturday ride for the others who cant make Sunday or wana ride both days.

Any ideas for a time and place???

Matt
    Intense Tracer

_
    Mar 2004
    we are having a pretty large party on saturday, perhaps 3 kegs for my friends bday, any of you guys wanna roll,hit me u via PM on here. it is near Long Beach City College (not ghetto at all) and scheduled to kick off around noon or so.

sunday sounds cool with me, i'm sure FXrob is down. So, looks like we are gonna do Whiting > STT > Luge > Whiting and maybe some grubb afterwards...

We usually park next to Arby's, in between Arby's and Washington mutual in the spots that face Portola.

I've got a Stiffee
    I'll be there with Bdee, an earlier start time would be a good thing as it gets hot in a hurry out there! 8 AM would be better....8:30 at the latest. Looking forward to a good ride

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by FXRob
    I'll be there with Bdee, an earlier start time would be a good thing as it gets hot in a hurry out there! 8 AM would be better....8:30 at the latest. Looking forward to a good ride

So do we have a confirmed time at Whiting for Sunday yet???

What kinda cars do guys have so we can find eachother??

I drive a silver 4Runner with a grey Tracer...

cyahh boys tomorrow!!
    Intense Tracer

mtbr member
    Guys we changed it to 8:30 it seem it works out better for everyone.... HEAT

Where? Whiting Ranch
    Meet? Main entrance
    Time? 8:30AM
    When? Sunday Aug 22

-Aztec

mtbr member
    Well lets just say I've been off the bike for a couple years and out of sports entirely and need to get back in shape. I was in Big Bear this weekend and fell back in love. I have time in the morning on mondays wednesdays and friedays and I'm going to try to ride aliso at least once week with a goal of 3 times. starting off easy and picking it up. gotta work myself back into it. I'm totally down to ride with people if anyone wants to meet up, cause at the moment I think I'll be riding alone.

PS cool to see fullerton riders, I used to go to CSUF as a ME major, back at Saddleback now though, it wasn't my thing.

PSS, Just noticed cappykid's post, thats fawkin early but I'll try to make it to some of those. I drive a lifted red JEep Grand Cherokee and have a blue and chrome SC Bullit, so keep an eye out
    Last edited by zjchaser; 08-23-2004 at 01:40 AM.
    AJ

mtbr member

Sunday Ride?

Anyone up for a ride sunday 8:30-9ish AM ? Anyone have any ideas where?

Just passing through....
    Anyone up for a ride sunday 8:30-9ish AM ? Anyone have any ideas where?
    Or for those who can't go Sunday (like me), maybe we can get a ride going Saturday as well. PM me if interested.
    Last edited by DaFireMedic; 08-26-2004 at 11:50 PM.

mtbr member

Sunday

Where? Whiting Ranch
    Meet? Main entrance
    Time? 9:00AM
    When ? Aug 29

120 pounds of xc sex!

So is anyone..

starting a team?? We should start a team in time for the race at mt. Sac. I vote for team X-poser!!! (not very creative i know)
    Team X-poser is back for 2006-

WTB; 1.25 inch tow rack in SoCal

>Ankur<

stay thirsty, my friends
    How bout some weekday rides?

Just passing through....
    Quote Originally Posted by LBguy
    How bout some weekday rides?

I'm up for that

mtbr member

Saturday?

Anyone up for a ride saturday? Any Ideas?

_
    Mar 2004
    i've been riding El Moro for the past few wednesdays at 6-630 pm after work, just a quick ride.

mtbr member
    I'm trying to make a point to ride aliso every mon, wed, fri morning.....I generally get there around 8...just doing short rides right now. working myself back into shape. been out of this for years
    AJ

mtbr member
    anyone up for a ride tomororw, monday???

I cant start till 10:00 am....i'll ride just about anywhere.

let me know if you wana meet up!!

Matt
    Intense Tracer

mtbr member

Team Zoom

Hey guys,

My buddies and I ride every weekend at various trails. Just this past weekend we were at Turnbull Canyon. But our home trail is Fullerton Loop.
    We have a group site on Yahoo that we all subscribe to keep us informed of all the rides and events we're doing.
    We've been rider for over a year now and we're out to have fun. A few of the guys have done the Rosarito Ensanada Road trip in Mexico just this past May and I think they are doing it again this month.

Come check it out go to the link and join, we're always looking for people to ride with.

RL

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/Team_Zoom/

stay thirsty, my friends
    A friend of mine and I have been thinking about starting a mtb club in socal based around OC/north OC.

Club will be mostly for fun and meeting new people, mainly aimed towards the intermediate crowd. I would be making the website which would include a calender, section for rides (weekly/road trip/etc), forums/message boards, maintenance days, media section (pics + vids(?)), rider profiles(?). Maybe trail descriptions and photos of trails that the group rides a lot.

I have a list of possible names that I am debating on and have sketched some possible layouts for the site's design.

Here's the tentative purpose/mission statement:
    The ____(name to be determined)___ club will seek to encourage mountain biking in southern california and to strengthen and unify the southern california mountain biker community. The club will promote mountain biking as a lifestyle and method of having fun, increasing fitness, and sharing good times with good friends.

Who would be interested? My schedule is pretty busy this month, so a website would be completed sometime next month (although riding can start asap) if we decide to go ahead an do this.

IM me on aim at LBmtb if you wanna talk about this. We can discuss the posisble names and such. Don't wanna post that up here so that no one registers the domain name and charges me $$ for it.

mtbr member
    anyone up for a ride tomorrow AM (sunday morning)????

Not sure where or when i'm gona go...I just wana ride!!

PM me or post back if your interested!!

Matt
    Intense Tracer

mtbr member
    again does anyone want to ride this weekend?? Either Sat or Sun morning in the OC...

let me know...

Matt
    Intense Tracer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast