mtbr member

SoCal Fat Tire Epic 50 - West Coast Marathon Champs

SoCal Fat Tire Epic 50 - West Coast Marathon Champs

The 2nd annual SoCal Fat Tire Epic is right around the corner ( October 2nd ). Early registration fees are still in affect. The course is up and posted! Should be a great time and a challenging course. For those out preriding, please remember my team and I are still working on many parts of the course. So take your time and bring lots of water. By race day the course will be super nice and ready to ROCK!
    Heres a link to the Race page:
    http://socalendurance.com/SOCALFATTIREEPIC.html

See you all in the dirt!!!!!

pss camping spots are filling up fast so get rocking and make it happen!
    SOCAL'S #1 ENDURANCE MTB EXPERIENCE
    www.12hrsoftemecula.com

mtbr member
    There is just something totally unappealing to the Vail Lake area for me.....
    Addicted to the dirt......with no hope for recovery.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Broke That
    I think it's a great course and area for riding.....brings a bit of everything

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ptfmb71
    I think it's a great course and area for riding.....brings a bit of everything
    I sure shouldn't knock the course, I've never ridden it, but the area in Vail that I have ridden just didn't do it for me. Heck, I only caught one small bass too!
    Addicted to the dirt......with no hope for recovery.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Great course, and looking forward to the challenge!

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Broke That
    I heard a few people say something to this extent, however after riding thier minds are quickly changed. Vail has a ton of riding with something for everyone.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I rode there for the first time back in June getting ready for my first 12hr race and loved it. The course was very diverse giving the rider everything from switchbacks to rolling spines and sigletracks. If Jason and crew are working on new trail now I'm sure they will be solid by race day.

mtbr member

Hey folks!

Hey Guys sorry for the long delay in answers! I've been out in Colorado at the Breck Epic, so much fun! Starting out over 10,500 ft can be a bit tough. Anyways i am already heading out on course to get trails in gear. My team and I will be out alot before the race. you can expect alot of the shrubs to get groomed all over the course. Also the connector trail off the 79 trail system will be built this week. The Jedi trail ( singletrack on the other side of the lake ) will be cut back nicely! I am getting super excited for this race. We have folks coming in from all over the country to race. Even some folks from overseas. It is great to meet new racers. The new course is a good one for racing! We will have at a minimum 4 aid stations ( fully stocked ) with Hammer products. I am even looking at a couple more aid stations at key intersections. Pretty sure you can almost race with 1 bottle if you wanted to fill up along the way. Plus it will be very easy for support teams to feed racers all along the course. I will be posting a map for spectators, friends, and family to get out along the course as well. How cool would that be to see your family cheering you on at a tough section of course? Anyways stay tuned for more info and news!
    Thanks for all the kind words about Vail Lake. It is truly a great place to ride. especially late in the season. But as always it is the riders who make the events! I look forward to a great time with all of you!
    SOCAL'S #1 ENDURANCE MTB EXPERIENCE
    www.12hrsoftemecula.com