mtbr member

Socal Breweries/beers

I was not sure where to post this at first but i think I will have my best luck here..

I love micro brews, and i usually try to buy the local ones, so i have been buying allot of stone and green flash. WHat brews would you recommend from southern cali?? photos are great!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    I have tried the Ale and it's kick ass beer. Here is the link i found and hopefully you can find some of this beer. http://801ontap.blogspot.com/2007/07...grove-ale.html

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Stone, Green Flash, Ballast Point, AleSmith, Port Brewing Company -- all are from San Diego and all are excellent.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    There is actually a beer forum on this site under "Classic Mountain Bike Forums" in the pull-down menu:

http://forums.mtbr.com/beer-forum/

My SoCal vote is for anything from Stone!

Eric

mtbr member
    Also Alpine Brewery, Pure Hoppiness mmmmm

http://www.alpinebeerco.com/the_beers.html

Port Brewing also known as Pizza Port various locations real good IPAs

http://www.pizzaport.com/grog.htm

Glad to Be Alive
    Firestone actually is a major sponsor for a race in the Santa Barbara/Los Olivas area. They make a real good Ales

support companies that support bike riding
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

bicycleonthebrain
    Hanger24!!! Redlands

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Firestone is local for me (about 1.5 miles from home).

Not a big fan of Stone because I'm not into the "more hops is always better" style.

I mainly brew my own and I'm recently going to less hoppy styles. Currently on tap, Blonde Ale and Porter.

mtbr member
    My faves...in no particular order:

Alpine Beer Co. Great IPA's
    Lightning Brewery Electrostatic Ale, Thunderweizen, Porter are all excellent
    Stone of course....
    Lost Abbey/ Port Brewing was very impressed by everything I sampled!
    Ballast Point solid lineup - Dorado 2x IPA is amazing but expensive

mtbr member

Left coast

I had the A bomber of the left coast Asylum last night, it is there Belgian Tripel Ale 11% A/V. And I have to say that I would not buy it again, it was too sweet and fruity not enough ale for me. but I guess that is what they want it to be according to there description.

asylum is in the style of a Belgian Tripel. It has a beautiful golden color. Its relatively light body is deceiving for a beer of its character. It has a sweet and spicy, complex fruity aroma and flavor derived from our distinct Belgian yeast strain. Asylum finishes with a subtle, warming character to help you relax on any night. Asylum is an exceptionally smooth Belgian-style brew.
    Drinking great beer brings the world together. “Vrede op aarde” (Peace on earth).
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    If you're ever in Ventura be sure to stop by Anacapa Brewing Co for lunch or dinner and really good beer. At least we like it. Anacapa's brews aren't commercially available, but you can bring home a growler of your favorite.
    Never give up, never surrender.

Geritol Power
    Mmmmm, beer. I'm having a great Karl Stauss amber lager right now. Karl and I go way back here in San Diego.

mtbr member
    I'm supposed to be studying and now I got beer on my mind! +1 for Lightning's Electrostatic, the Ionizer is also very good. And speaking of Karl they had this really good special edition called To the Nines= GOOD!

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Vastly underrated because of the lack of a restaurant to go with the brew is Alesmith. Very good stuff.

Of course all of the others mentioned are also great!
    Uh-huh, uh-huh. Okay. Um Can you repeat the part of the stuff where you said all about uuhhh, things. Uhh... the things.

mtbr member
    I hate to break up the party, but as a So.Cal person I have to vote for Sierra Nevada. I know... boooooh! Ok if I had to choose a So. Cal. place I'm voting for Belmont Brewery.
    C-DALE FLASH 29 Carbon 2 (19.6 lbs)
    C-DALE BB1

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Sierra Nevada has got some great product, but being from San Diego I'd rather keep my money local. Nothing Sierra Nevada brews is head-and-shoulders above the best San Diego beers.

BMF
    Oct 2007
    If you can find Ballast Point Sculpin IPA get some.

Stone's Cali-Belgique IPA is amazing.

Mostly I drink my own homebrew, but like others here when I do purchase beer I try to stay local as much as possible.