mtbr member
    Jul 2005

SoCal Bikeskills Clinic: 14 June Aliso Woods

Bikeskills will be conducting Trail Riding clinics on 14 June in Aliso Woods (SoCal) and on 22 June at Camp Tamaranch in Marin County (NorCal)

The focus will be on basic trail riding skills and techniques. These are not a "new rider" programs, but rather clinics for beginner-intermediate mountain bikers wanting to improve their overall technical skills.

Specific techniques that will be taught at these clinics include: basic bike set-up and control positioning, up and downhill switchbacks, the manual, roots, rocks and complex obstacles, track-standing for control, optimal body positioning and movement.

The clinics will be taught by Joe Lawwill in SoCal, and Peter Berridge in NorCal, both are world class riders and instructors. To register for the SoCal clinic, contact Joe@bikeskills.com, For the NorCal clinic, contact hunter@bikeskills.com For general information visit www.bikeskills.com

nerfherder
    Lot's of pics and student comments in this post. Wish I could be there!

MV Rider
    Oct 2005

Bikeskills clinic

Quote Originally Posted by rhoward
    Bikeskills will be conducting Trail Riding clinics on 14 June in Aliso Woods (SoCal) and on 22 June at Camp Tamaranch in Marin County (NorCal)

The focus will be on basic trail riding skills and techniques. These are not a "new rider" programs, but rather clinics for beginner-intermediate mountain bikers wanting to improve their overall technical skills.

Specific techniques that will be taught at these clinics include: basic bike set-up and control positioning, up and downhill switchbacks, the manual, roots, rocks and complex obstacles, track-standing for control, optimal body positioning and movement.

The clinics will be taught by Joe Lawwill in SoCal, and Peter Berridge in NorCal, both are world class riders and instructors. To register for the SoCal clinic, contact Joe@bikeskills.com, For the NorCal clinic, contact hunter@bikeskills.com For general information visit www.bikeskills.com
    The clinic put on by Joe Lawwill is great and well worth the money. I highly recommend the clinic to anyone who has not yet taken it.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008

The sweet sweet smell of spam

Quote Originally Posted by rhoward

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwad
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

If you're saying it's expensive, I'll respond that it's the best investment for a mountain bike you can make compared to components clothing etc. If you're asking the price, I'll leave it to Joe but I think it's under $100. Best money I've ever spent on Mountain Biking and I've spent a few bucks!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ehansen007
    If you're saying it's expensive, I'll respond that it's the best investment for a mountain bike you can make compared to components clothing etc. If you're asking the price, I'll leave it to Joe but I think it's under $100. Best money I've ever spent on Mountain Biking and I've spent a few bucks!

Dwad may be thinking of the private one on one clinics, which gets higher in cost naturally. The clinic to which Rob is referring is under $100 and for four hours. Well worth the money and time, considering the information is something one won't figure out for themselves on the trail. Joe's clinic is really great.