My Bike is Bigger
    Mar 2006

So what's next...?

With Fontana in the past whatís there to look forward to, whatís next, whatís there to do?

What brings these questions on is Iím new to the LA area from the east coast, and this is the time of year the downhill ďseasonĒ is just getting started. Look at the DH threads, so many things are going off in the East. Race series are starting, mountains are opening. Iíve looked all over and except for Mt. Baldy possibly opening I donít see anything. Hell, Iíd be stoked for shuttling and building anywhere close to LA. All I want to do is ride fast, go big and enjoy some freeriding. Please tell me So Cal wonít let me down! If thereís anything going on that you donít want to be public knowledge just send me a PM.

Big thanks!
    JB

Why aren't you riding????
    always some shuttling going on. The race scene is shart now, but still plenty of mobbing to be had. PM me.

Don't skid
    Here's an idea. Peddle up a mountain and then ride down it. There are pelnty of places to do that in SoCal. We call it mountain biking.
    The Revolution will not be motorized...especially at $5 per gallon.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KONA_in_SB
    Here's an idea. Peddle up a mountain and then ride down it. There are pelnty of places to do that in SoCal. We call it mountain biking.
    Boy, do you know how to throw out the welcome mat......

Don't skid
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Peru
    Boy, do you know how to throw out the welcome mat......
    Sorry about that. I guess it was kind of rude. What I meant to say in more polite words was that there are some really nice places to ride in SoCal (actually all of California for that matter) even without a lift. Yes it does suck that the closest resort is Mammoth.
    I don't know what kind of bike you are riding but I have 6 inch travel trail bike and I find it works pretty good on all but the gnarliest of trails and I can still do any climb out there (just not fast).
    Anyways give it some time and I am sure you won't be disapointed with California riding.
    If you just want some gnarly DH/FR stuff get a hold of Shiver Me Timbers. He is a freindly guy and he can show some stuff that will make your @ss pucker. He usaully hangs out in the DH/FR forum.
    The Revolution will not be motorized...especially at $5 per gallon.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KONA_in_SB
    Sorry about that. I guess it was kind of rude. What I meant to say in more polite words was that there are some really nice places to ride in SoCal (actually all of California for that matter) even without a lift. Yes it does suck that the closest resort is Mammoth.
    I don't know what kind of bike you are riding but I have 6 inch travel trail bike and I find it works pretty good on all but the gnarliest of trails and I can still do any climb out there (just not fast).
    Anyways give it some time and I am sure you won't be disapointed with California riding.
    If you just want some gnarly DH/FR stuff get a hold of Shiver Me Timbers. He is a freindly guy and he can show some stuff that will make your @ss pucker. He usaully hangs out in the DH/FR forum.
    Right on....I guess I was a little "full of myself" as well, yesterday. BTW, I know of some fantastic places to ride, you can even shuttle if you want. However, most don't. PM me for details....

So what we are trying to say is....if you look hard enough, you will find what you are looking for. All ya gotta do is ask. A lot of people won't give up "their" places in a public forum. Many trails have been closed etc from waaaaay too many people on the trails. For some reason, hikers HATE dh/fr bikers?!?!

My Bike is Bigger
    Mar 2006
    Coming from a place where I was REALLY involved in the MTB scene I'm just trying to get back into it. As you can tell I'm new to the boards, figuring it's the best way to get back involved in a place where I don't know people/places.

I have a DJ bike and have a fully, Demo 8 to be speciffic. And DH/FR/DJ is what I do most (I've done it all really) and what I think about doing all week while at work. From what I'm finding out this toughest kind of riding to find, compared to the abundance of XC. Not that I've been dissapointed, I just had this peception that Cali is littered with palces to ride and everyone was friends. What I'm finding is MTB'ers fight with hikers and local developers/government, so places have to stay quiet. I had to deal with the some of same things back East, so I understand. But, looking at the mountains around here I know there's gotta be some crazy places.

I appreciate everyones 2 cents, more would be even better.