Merrrrjig
    Jan 2004

So Cal North Shore?

Is there any? I have heard there is some near San Juan Capistrano, But thats from very unreliable sources. I have also heard about some off of the chiquito trail in the ortegas. Does anyone have any North Shore stuff around orange county?

g c
    mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by merrrrjig
    Is there any? I have heard there is some near San Juan Capistrano, But thats from very unreliable sources. I have also heard about some off of the chiquito trail in the ortegas. Does anyone have any North Shore stuff around orange county?

Hey bro,

I know you are curious about stunts like these, but due to the fact that land managers read these boards, please keep your questions direct via IM if at all possible. Mountain bikers have a very good reputation in OC because of years of hard work with and on trails. However, the current climate of stunt building on public land threatens to really derail the years of work done previously and completely discredit us in the public eye. All of that mumbo jumbo boils down to less and more restricted access.

Thanks for the consideration,
    Grant Curtis
    President
    SHARE Mountain Bike Club
    www.sharemtb.com

Action Sports Trader

They get torn down to fast

Hey,

They always seem to get torn down fast. We have tried to build them in the past but apparently the Land protection people doesn't like them. You would think they would give us a little freedom concidering MTBers do 90% of the trail maintainence. Go to pinkbike.com and go to the picture section. Do a search on the DH picture gallery and type in Fontana. I know there is some type of freeride thing down there. You will see a few pictures. If you hear of any drop me an email at samanderson4@sbcglobal.net

Quote Originally Posted by merrrrjig

Merrrrjig
    Jan 2004
    Well I want the bridges, I know where enough freeriding is, and fontana is a great place for it. Im looking for the more North Shore stuff

g c
    mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by samanderson4
    Hey,

They always seem to get torn down fast. We have tried to build them in the past but apparently the Land protection people doesn't like them. You would think they would give us a little freedom concidering MTBers do 90% of the trail maintainence. Go to pinkbike.com and go to the picture section. Do a search on the DH picture gallery and type in Fontana. I know there is some type of freeride thing down there. You will see a few pictures. If you hear of any drop me an email at samanderson4@sbcglobal.net
    The reason they get torn down is because they are being built illegally on public or private land. It isn't that some tree hugger hates them, it is that someone just builds them without any permission from the governing body or land manager.

You are correct that 90% of the trail work is done by mountain bikers, however, the stunts that are being built aren't being done by those who do the 90% of the work (the 1% that does trail work on a regular basis).

If you are going to keep it, keep it on the dl.

_
    Mar 2004
    I too would love to find some northshore type stunts around here too. I know of a few good areas to build some short trails. There are some existing BMX jumps at a few of these locations I am thinking of, but it would be rad to have some ladders and what not to ride on too. These spots are on the DL, if you didn't know they were there, you would never think twice about checking the area out.

Merrrrjig, what part of so. cal are you in?

Merrrrjig
    Jan 2004
    I live in south orange county. In san Juan Capistrano!