XCdude

So cal / Kenda 2011 schedule ready

http://uscup.net/index.php?schedule

Time to make plans.

See you guys there,

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Do you know what the "Riverside" race is in April?

Only need One
    Riverside race is Sycamore.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Looking forward to 2011!!!

I plan on NOT sitting out most of the season
    My wife's website....
    Allison Mann

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Sycamore Canyon is my local ride and i'll be excited to see guys race there but I was wondering what to expect leading up to and shortly after the races. Is much trail work done in preperation? Are the trails torn up afterwards from all the riders? Will there be tons of new riders there because a race was held there? Just wondering.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by burger49
    Sycamore Canyon is my local ride and i'll be excited to see guys race there but I was wondering what to expect leading up to and shortly after the races. Is much trail work done in preperation? Are the trails torn up afterwards from all the riders? Will there be tons of new riders there because a race was held there? Just wondering.

As a comparison, I've raced in Fontana and the racecourse DOES get torn up after racing. I think because when people race, everything and anything goes (skidding, cutting corners, everything that mountain bikers are told not to do) hello, its a race after all. But the Fontana series gets raced during the wettest months in winter, while the Sycamore race will be in April and the place should be reltively dry. Another difference too is that Fontana gets raced on everyother weekend for the entire series......whereas this is just one race, so potentially the impact to the trails might be negligeable.

At Fontana, the trail damaged is mitigated by the fact that the promoter (Donny) puts in a fair amount of work into grooming the course (filling in ruts, etc.) before and after the races. He even built some of the trails (if not all of them ) that I now enjoy riding for recreation. I can't imagine the April race is going to do more damage to the trails than all the folks who ignored the rain-related closure last week and rode in Sycamore anyway.
    Last edited by osmarandsara; 01-03-2011 at 01:27 PM.