mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Snow Summit - Miracle Mile/Cruiser Trail Video

Snow Summit 'Adventure Park'... tons of fun, even though we were 'cheating' (lift access)!

If you haven't been up there, it's worth spending the extra to get the combo lift ticket/bbq lunch pass... the food at the top lodge is pretty killer!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I was there yesterday and had a great time! The trails have so much potential and they are serious about the bike park. I was pleasantly surprised! Even though they are limited to two trails for now, it's still a really good day of riding.

Two thumbs up on the extra $7 for lunch when you buy your lift ticket.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mbell View Post
    Even though they are limited to two trails for now, it's still a really good day of riding.

Two thumbs up on the extra $7 for lunch when you buy your lift ticket.
    These two facts really sum up a day of riding at Summit!

=D

Two Wheeled Terror

Re: Snow Summit - Miracle Mile/Cruiser Trail Video

There are many more trails....but big bear only maintains two.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Professional Troll
    Did they say when they were gonna open westridge? I thought that was planned for this past weekend.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini2k05 View Post
    Did they say when they were gonna open westridge? I thought that was planned for this past weekend.
    Gemini,

I talked to one of the 'rangers' at the station at the top of the Cruiser chair lift. He said they were hoping to open Westridge next weekend; it will be a 'blue' trail, meaning intermediate.

Cruiser trail and miracle mile, the two trails currently open, are black/expert level trails.

Professional Troll
    Quote Originally Posted by InlandEmpireMTB View Post
    Gemini,

I talked to one of the 'rangers' at the station at the top of the Cruiser chair lift. He said they were hoping to open Westridge next weekend; it will be a 'blue' trail, meaning intermediate.

Cruiser trail and miracle mile, the two trails currently open, are black/expert level trails.
    Good. Any trail no matter what the difficulty rating will be a huge improvement. If it's a beginner trail it will hopefully alleviate some of the traffic on the harder trails that the beginners seem to be unable to realize they shouldn't be riding!

Two Wheeled Terror

Re: Snow Summit - Miracle Mile/Cruiser Trail Video

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini2k05 View Post
    Good. Any trail no matter what the difficulty rating will be a huge improvement. If it's a beginner trail it will hopefully alleviate some of the traffic on the harder trails that the beginners seem to be unable to realize they shouldn't be riding!
    They need more than 1 intermediate trail to do that. Eventually they'll probably have bunny slopes because when it comes down to its all about the cash

Professional Troll
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryptoroxx View Post
    They need more than 1 intermediate trail to do that. Eventually they'll probably have bunny slopes because when it comes down to its all about the cash

I'm sure the trail makeup will largely mirror that of most ski resorts, which is like 40% intermediate, 30-35% advanced, and 25-30% beginner.

tep
    urbantrailridingroadie
    Feb 2004
    31mins of POV.......You're killing me Larry!!
    oldmanjusthavingfunontwowheelsurbandirtandroad

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tep View Post
    Haha.. I LOVE those commercials!

It takes too much time to set up cameras on the side of the trail... I want to spend more time riding and less filming! Maybe next time I'll get some side-trail footage for ya! =D

Beer Please!
    Quote Originally Posted by tep View Post

I was about the watch it and I saw the 32min timing and was like, ummm no.

If you want a good video just make a 2-5min compilation of your best footage.

I am glad to hear West Ridge is opening up. Back in the day Westridge was a black diamond level trail right? I remember it having some gnarly rock gardens with small drop offs in the middle of the rock gardens. Taco'd a Front rim on the Westridge trail....

Honestly the name Miracle Mile for a Black Diamond Trail throws me off because in the winter Miracle mile is the super slow wide family run with the propaganda speakers telling people to slow down.
    telling me to stay out of a former bombing range next to a dump while you build huge houses next to it? Screw you.-sandmangts

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    What they call Cruiser is the old Westridge trail with some changes. What they call Miracle Mile is the lots of the old Summit Run. It's good to be riding up there again.

Beer Please!
    Quote Originally Posted by asphaltsucks View Post
    What they call Cruiser is the old Westridge trail with some changes. What they call Miracle Mile is the lots of the old Summit Run. It's good to be riding up there again.
    Very cool. I won't be able to get up there until later in the season, but I am excited to do so.
    telling me to stay out of a former bombing range next to a dump while you build huge houses next to it? Screw you.-sandmangts