mtbr member
    Sep 2006

Snow summit DH trail

Anyone know if the new trail is accessible yet if you pedal up? Is cables fixed yet?

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    If your talking about the new trail(s) at Snow Summit, I believe its close to being done, the lifts open this weekend, May 25th. What are the "cables" your talking about?

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Upper fallline sometimes has been called cables.

Beer Please!
    Quote Originally Posted by sirsam84 View Post
    Upper fallline sometimes has been called cables.
    Considering that Fallline is not on Summit Property....... It is technically open all year.
    telling me to stay out of a former bombing range next to a dump while you build huge houses next to it? Screw you.-sandmangts

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Thanks, knew that fallline is not on snow summit property...had heard the fs tore it up for logging or something...wanted to know if it has been fixed or if it is now like pirates.

The question about accessibility was about the new trail...is it closed off until the lifts open or can it be ridden if people climb to it?

Beer Please!
    Just a guess, but with the 2n10 and other fire roads in the area I would say you can ride up to pretty much anything up there.
    telling me to stay out of a former bombing range next to a dump while you build huge houses next to it? Screw you.-sandmangts

mtbr member
    "Cables" (roughly followed the trough of a steep ravine) washed away in rains & spring thaw many, many years ago. The last season it existed was the year S.S. closed to bikes.

As mentioned, some guys are probably calling Upper Fall Line "Cables", which is an easy cruiser compared to the original, steep & rocky Cables.
    Craig Kelly is my copilot.Product Marketing and Product Photographer

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I live in Big Bear, ridden and raced Fall line hundreds of times, never heard it called cables though.

Professional Troll
    Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    "Cables" (roughly followed the trough of a steep ravine) washed away in rains & spring thaw many, many years ago. The last season it existed was the year S.S. closed to bikes.

As mentioned, some guys are probably calling Upper Fall Line "Cables", which is an easy cruiser compared to the original, steep & rocky Cables.
    I think you are mistaken about that. I rode cables as recently as 2010 I think. Last time I went up there though it was way to over grown to even attempt to ride the lower half.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Oh my bad...I think I know what you are talking about...started down that one once...super steep, rocky, and overgrown...

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Jeff View Post
    I live in Big Bear, ridden and raced Fall line hundreds of times, never heard it called cables though.
    the original name was Cables...I don't know if the chair lift cables are still there, but that is where you started....the original builder named it that....after Big Bear closed, people didn't ride there for a while and then new riders named it something else (Fall Line) ...but the trail was named back in 2001 or 2002 Cables.
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    I was at Snow Summit last weekend and Upper Falline was closed.