mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Slow down in Claremont!!

To the guy on the green hardtail that blew by me at twice my speed and proceeded to freak out the next 50 or so hikers that he flew by on Sunday morning.....SLOW DOWN!!!

We can all go fast, but we can also lose our rights to trail access. I ride Claremont a couple of times a week and Sunday at 9:00am is not the time to be setting downhill speed records.

Oh and by the way genius, the line you were looking for was

"On your left"

mtbr member
    Um ... ok.

mtbr member
    Ok I ride CHWP once a week. The issue with speed is no ones fault. If such concerned MTB Riders like yourself are so mad at riders coming down with so much speed ask who ever is in charge to not grade the road. Leave the ruts, large rock etc. Im not flamming or calling names but all the riders I see coming down they are riding at slow speeds. On the other end why cant we post angry messeges about four or five hikers walking soulder to shoulder across the whole road. I ride up to Patato Mt. anyways because the crying about MTBs and speed has really gotten out of hand. To those that ride the womans loop (colbal-burbank) for speed go late in the day when hikers are less prevalent.
    If your gonna shoot, shoot. Don't talk.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by T.K. Castle
    Ok I ride CHWP once a week. The issue with speed is no ones fault. If such concerned MTB Riders like yourself are so mad at riders coming down with so much speed ask who ever is in charge to not grade the road. Leave the ruts, large rock etc. Im not flamming or calling names but all the riders I see coming down they are riding at slow speeds. On the other end why cant we post angry messeges about four or five hikers walking soulder to shoulder across the whole road. I ride up to Patato Mt. anyways because the crying about MTBs and speed has really gotten out of hand. To those that ride the womans loop (colbal-burbank) for speed go late in the day when hikers are less prevalent.
    I honestly dont think I was going that fast and I slow down going around hikers (but not bikers). I talk to a lot of hikers since Im up there almost every day and I never hear complaints.

Since the road is a narrow 15 Ill be sure to shout, ON YOUR LEFT. Im such a genius.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by SScheetz
    I honestly dont think I was going that fast and I slow down going around hikers (but not bikers). I talk to a lot of hikers since Im up there almost every day and I never hear complaints.

Since the road is a narrow 15 Ill be sure to shout, ON YOUR LEFT. Im such a genius.

You're doing a lot better than I am at least you're a genius, after reading TKs response regarding the Cobal/Burbank trail apparently now I'm a woman

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatsix
    You're doing a lot better than I am at least you're a genius, after reading TKs response regarding the Cobal/Burbank trail apparently now I'm a woman
    Now my wife read this and she's pissed at TK.

Of course she usually does 3-4 "girlie" loops. Oh crap! That makes her a man and me a .....

mtbr member
    Sure she does.

Glad to Be Alive
    Ok On the other end why cant we post angry messeges about four or five hikers walking soulder to shoulder across the whole road. .

sad to say, hikers actually have the right away. is it wrong yes, but it is still a fact
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Sure she does.
    Oh yeah ... and that's just her warmup before she does Potato.

mtbr member
    Is this before or after she saves the world?

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

We the people ...

Quote Originally Posted by SScheetz
    Oh yeah ... and that's just her warmup before she does Potato.
    Now I'm really confused. If your wife does 3 loops and then Potato, does that make Potato a "Womans" ride??

After reading all of this I think that my original comment regarding downhill speeds was a little harsh and may have been as a result of my feeling a little emotional that day due to my elevated estrogen levels from riding the loop.

SScheetz please accept my apology.

p.s. Lately I have this strange urge to ask someone to go with me to chat when I go to the bathroom. What's that all about?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatsix
    Now I'm really confused. If your wife does 3 loops and then Potato, does that make Potato a "Womans" ride??

After reading all of this I think that my original comment regarding downhill speeds was a little harsh and may have been as a result of my feeling a little emotional that day due to my elevated estrogen levels from riding the loop.

SScheetz please accept my apology.

p.s. Lately I have this strange urge to ask someone to go with me to chat when I go to the bathroom. What's that all about?
    Funny! Spitting out my coffee as I read that.

Flatsix you have a great sense of humor.

Ill see you on the trails.

On your left, no I mean on your other left

p.s. tip of day Full fingered gloves break nails. Use open fingered gloves to prevent broken nails. Designed by a woman, but made for a man.