Freedom Isn't Free

SLO trail conditions after all the rain?

Anyone ridden MDO or Morro Bay this week? Still too wet to ride?

just along for the ride
    Both are fine, avoid east boundry still muddy, rest is prime, Mobay is OK sandy side is fine but some trees down on Black hill. Cabrillo meadows are still wet, stick to the steeper trails.

Freedom Isn't Free
    Sweet! Made some drivetrain upgrades and new fork this winter. First test run.

trail rat
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Hol
    Anyone ridden MDO or Morro Bay this week? Still too wet to ride?
    Thanks for asking. Here is the official CCCMB Trails Info that CCCMB crew leaders and park rangers help us keep updated. You might want to bookmark it for future reference.

Also be aware that MdO is hosting a huge trail run today.

FYI for those planning to mountain bike MDO this weekend:

Sunday there will be more runners than usual at MDO, due to the semi-annual
    PC Trail Run (http://www.pctrailruns.com/Montana_de_Oro_Wntr.htm)

Some of the runners (about 100) will be on the Hazard Peak, Barranca, and
    Islay Creek Loop, with most of them on these trails from 9:30 to 12:00
    Sunday, around 30 or so (who are doing two loops), will be on the trails for
    another 2-4 hours but will be spread apart pretty well. The will also be
    runners will also be on non-MB trails (Valencial Peak).

Craig Campbell
    You can get on the CCCMB Mailing list to get this updated info.

Some trails in Cerro Cabrillo we will not get repaired until the ground dries months from now.

Last edited by slocaus; 02-14-2010 at 08:14 PM.
    CCCMB web - Facebook
    SLO trail maps - conditions

"The physician heals, Nature makes well" - real fortune cookie

Freedom Isn't Free
    Thanks...bookmarked!

Freedom Isn't Free
    Rode Morro Bay today. Trail still has lots of standing water and a good amount of mud (which is now all over my bike). Here's to hoping 75 degree days and no rain continue.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009

morro bay

what kinda trails are these....?cc or fr dh?my grandparents have had a spot a morro dunes for 25 years,i am going to be comming up for the chili cook offf?i beleve its march 12 -15.thinking about bring bikes.i ride more freeride so might be no good if a lot of up hill.thaanx for the info

just along for the ride
    Quote Originally Posted by cakemoto
    what kinda trails are these....?cc or fr dh?my grandparents have had a spot a morro dunes for 25 years,i am going to be comming up for the chili cook offf?i beleve its march 12 -15.thinking about bring bikes.i ride more freeride so might be no good if a lot of up hill.thaanx for the info

Sure Morro Bay has some drops, fun rides, some jumps at the old red rock mine at cabrillo peak off parkridge. Black hill in Morro bay has more XC/trail riding but worth checking out, let me know I ride lots and live in Morro bay.

trail rat
    Cerro Cabrillo is easy peasy, a good beginner area or for an olde phart like me, a great SS area, I never take my FS bike there, it offers no challenge.

Montana de Oro is great XC stuff. West Cuesta Ridge will give you more freeride stuff, the FASTA group is working on getting some alternate lines in there. Botanicals/Morning Glory is more rugged, chunky, ridden by many on FR/DH bikes, but can be ridden on an XC bike if you have decent skills.

Check our maps here.
    CCCMB web - Facebook

mtbr member
    Dec 2009

morro bay

wow,sounds like maybe worth it.i have a foes fly with 888 and 2 rings,i can go up some what ok.that would be great if anyone want to go.and yes the dates are 12-15 march ill be there....dont know what car or truck ill have but.thanks again for the info guys

just along for the ride
    wow,sounds like maybe worth it.i have a foes fly with 888 and 2 rings,i can go up some what ok.that would be great if anyone want to go.and yes the dates are 12-15 march ill be there....dont know what car or truck ill have but.thanks again for the info guys
    Black hill in Morro Bay can be shuttled and has some fun stuff enjoy your stay

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    hey what tires and sizes are you guys running for up on the grade? on a 5" xc bike

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by slomoto
    hey what tires and sizes are you guys running for up on the grade? on a 5" xc bike
    I've ran 2.1" on a singlespeed hardtail with no problems on Botanicals and Morning Glory. Currently running 2.35" Nevegals on my full susp. just 'cause.

Ride within your abilty and you'll be fine, choose good lines and you won't flat.

trail rat
    Quote Originally Posted by slomoto
    29 x 2.1 to 2.4 depending on which of the three bikes...... FS, HT, SS
    CCCMB web - Facebook

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I'm looking for people to ride in the wet. fenders, gore-tex, and shower caps over the helmet. yes I'm crazy but so are you , let's ride! I DARE YOU!

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by sassmatt72@hotmail.com
    I'm looking for people to ride in the wet. fenders, gore-tex, and shower caps over the helmet. yes I'm crazy but so are you , let's ride! I DARE YOU!

PLEASE stay off the trails until they are dry so we don't have to ride through the ruts left by your tires for the next six months.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    dude what are you the trail police, bite me!
    there are trails that can be ridden in ro just after the rain (MdO, stagecoach, ect)
    and they are trails, i.e. they are ment to be ridden, if they are not built right (can't be ridden when wet), then they need to be remodeled.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Hey Man, I don't need no stinking badge! You're right, there are plenty of good trails in the rain, there are also plenty that are made of adobe and will get messed up if you ride 'em too soon. Sounds like you know the good ones. Stay warm.