mtbr member
    Oct 2005

SLO- DH bike setups

Hey all,

95% sure, next fall I'll be attending Cuesta for 2 years, then transferring to Cal Poly (****ing didn't get in to Cal Poly w/ a 3.7).

I'll have a trail/xc bike (08 Fuel EX9), as well as a DH bike (Transition Blindside).

If you could build an 8" bike for shuttles/DH trails in and around SLO, how would you build it? Dual crown, single crown?

Any ideas would be great, as well as pics of your big bikes now and how they are for the area.

Thanks all,
    Matt

Glad to Be Alive
    depends on who u know....if you know the right people then you will have trails that will rock your b@lls off....so keep your 888 when going to SLO.But be careful....those bikes get ripped off pretty easily
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    depends on who u know....if you know the right people then you will have trails that will rock your b@lls off....so keep your 888 when going to SLO.But be careful....those bikes get ripped off pretty easily
    Thanks for the insight SMT! Yeah, the same thing goes for around this area: how good the trails are depend on who you know.

As far as bike theft, when I was looking at Cal Poly, where I would be in the dorms, that was my number one concern. But now that I am gonna go to Cuesta, I'll be renting my own apartment, and I'll have my bikes U-Locked up the wazohh inside.