mtbr member

SLO--best place to practice jumping?

Been riding for a several years now, but haven't really spent time practicing my jumping technique and would like to have some more confidence to hit drops and jumps on-trail.

Looking for a good spot in SLO county to practice jumping without having to ride back up a long trail every time. Any ideas?? I know the FASTA thing is in the works, but probably a ways off.

trail rat
    Hopefully Menso or dirtmafia will see this. If not, shoot them a PM, but be warned, dirtmafia is comfortable 20' feet in the air!
    Last edited by slocaus; 01-26-2010 at 01:36 PM.
    CCCMB web - Facebook
    SLO trail maps - conditions

"The physician heals, Nature makes well" - real fortune cookie

190lbs of climber
    On trail, there are a couple of small jumps and hips on the trail around Cerro San Luis. Take a left after descending Rock Garden, and there are three small jumps and a hip. Continue on through the gated fence, and there are several more small jumps and a cool hip with a berm going into it.

Check out this video and the others by a friend of mine. He occasionally posts here as "kuksul08". It is in reverse of how you will ride, since we climbed back up the hill. It opens with the berm/hip jump down the trail, then shows the first little jumps past rock garden, and ends with the stage at the top. I'm the guy on the orange nomad with XC shorts.
    THE BAY AREA... WHERE IF IT'S FUN, IT'S ILLEGAL

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    There's also some behind Costco... If you go behind the gas station and the water drainage ditch there are some nice jumps...

Not huge but the best I've seen around here.

LearningToFly
    Nov 2008
    There are also a few jumps and small drops in the Morro Bay SP on the East side of South Bay Blvd in the southern part of the park. Happy hunting

mtbr member
    Thanks guys. I'll hit 'em up after the rains subside. This area some great riding. I just wanna hone my skills some more before the summer epic trips come up. Gonna head up back to Kernville and try out Northstar for the first time. I've always been a cautious rider (knock on wood, no at speed spills as of yet), more prone to walk technical sections that I'm not sure of and really wanna build my confidence for some of those longer rides on new-to-me trails.