Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    30

    Single Track in Yucaipa?

    I'll be in Yucaipa the weekend of the 22nd and I'm hoping to get a ride in. I'm looking for some harder beginer to intermediate single track trails. I've searched but didn't find too much, but sycamore canyon park looks like it has potential.

    Any locals want to point me in the right direction.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    57
    Z..

    Hulda Crooks park comes to mind which is in Loma Linda - Was there two weeks ago for the first time however couldn't find the ST everyone spoke of... Unless someone could give you detailed directions on how to find it, might wanna pass. My buddy and I spent 3 hrs riding (hiking actually) trying to find it but all we found was some fireroads with rolling hills.

    There's two I've read about in Yucaipa - One near crafton college, although don't know if there's any ST and the other I can't think of the name. I'll search and re-post once I find it.

  3. #3
    Bike Geek
    Reputation: norcalruckus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    701

    site

    Yucaipa Dirt Classic / Pua's Palace raffle! 4/03/10

    The yucaipa dirt site says a map is coming soon
    RIP AL DAVIS

  4. #4

  5. #5
    bicycleonthebrain
    Reputation: vzman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    211
    Crafton is super fun!. also if you park at the mill creek forest station you can hit up the single track in the wash.

  6. #6
    bicycleonthebrain
    Reputation: vzman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    211
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysen
    Z..

    Hulda Crooks park comes to mind which is in Loma Linda - Was there two weeks ago for the first time however couldn't find the ST everyone spoke of... Unless someone could give you detailed directions on how to find it, might wanna pass. My buddy and I spent 3 hrs riding (hiking actually) trying to find it but all we found was some fireroads with rolling hills.

    There's two I've read about in Yucaipa - One near crafton college, although don't know if there's any ST and the other I can't think of the name. I'll search and re-post once I find it.
    3-hours at Hulda Crook! thats a long time for such a small area.the single track isn't really hidden, if you go on a weekend there are usually tire tracks to follow or hikers to ask.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    30
    Thanks for the replies! Crafton looks good. Which trail there that is more fast rolling single track than technical/rocky?

    We will be there for a few days, has anyone heard of Simpson Park?...thoughts?

    http://mountainbikebill.com/SimpsonPark.htm

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by vzman
    3-hours at Hulda Crook! thats a long time for such a small area.the single track isn't really hidden, if you go on a weekend there are usually tire tracks to follow or hikers to ask.
    Trust me, I thought the same. We parked at the actual park parking lot - headed left of the private driveway/home.. continued straight to the first fork in the road, stuck right, and started climbing the fire road - we ran into a whole lot of MX riders - we asked a couple walkers if they knew where the ST was at but kinda unclear. we went up hike-a-bike to a bench which faced North - fun rolling hills southwest of there to a hike-a-bike rutted fire road and then we were SOL. We didnt wanna ride the way we got to where we were at because of all the rutts... so we started exploring. Long story short, 3 hrs, 4 miles total, and we found nothing worthy to ride home about.

    Ended up talking to someone the week after at my LBS who said we probably took a wrong turn somewhere. We didnt see any jumps, ST, or any MTB'ers for that matter.

  9. #9
    bicycleonthebrain
    Reputation: vzman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    211
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysen
    Trust me, I thought the same. We parked at the actual park parking lot - headed left of the private driveway/home.. continued straight to the first fork in the road, stuck right, and started climbing the fire road - we ran into a whole lot of MX riders - we asked a couple walkers if they knew where the ST was at but kinda unclear. we went up hike-a-bike to a bench which faced North - fun rolling hills southwest of there to a hike-a-bike rutted fire road and then we were SOL. We didnt wanna ride the way we got to where we were at because of all the rutts... so we started exploring. Long story short, 3 hrs, 4 miles total, and we found nothing worthy to ride home about.

    Ended up talking to someone the week after at my LBS who said we probably took a wrong turn somewhere. We didnt see any jumps, ST, or any MTB'ers for that matter.
    you should park by the dog park.at the south end of the parking lot you can get in between the fence and the hill. follow the fireroad out. you will come to a couple of small sections that pop you right back on the fire rode. continue on fireroade til you come to the upside down bus that had been turned into a jump(for motorcycles).follow the double track thrw the canyon( this is called main street). about 3/4 of a mile on the left there is a small entrance to a fun single track climb or continue til main street dead ends. this is the bottom of JEDI. this is more fun to come down. there is alot of fun trails out there and it's almost impossible to get lost you just have to go out and explore a bit. i have an old map that i picked up at cycle tek bike shop now in yucapia. don't give up there are some fun trails out there. i might head out there on Sunday

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •