mtbr member
    Oct 2010

shuttle runs in west LA?

coming home!!!

im getting back into riding dirt after 12 years, my track bike just isnt that fun anymore. looking for some rythm sections, jumps or good single tracks without too much climbing as im riding a 40 lb bike. want to get my bike handling skills back and would prefer to do cardio on my road bike. i remember building the runs at turnble canyon and shoveling rythem sections up top but not sure if that is still around let alone even remembering how to get there. looking for a tudor to show me the way home again. will get back into CC when i get my skills up, just want to have fun. i live in west LA so i would love to have some peops to ride with. also is Big Bear still open and do any of you ride Mt. Baldy in angeles crest.

thansk in advance

mtbr member

rides

hey- i live in culver city and ride the santa monicas quite a bit. it sounds like you are into all mountain and freeriding which is cool as i ride a 35lb santa cruz vp free but it's set up for all mountain use. you should try the kenter whoops as that is a flow track with lots of nice doubles. if you want to ride on a weekend send me an email and maybe we can do a quick ride on jedi(sullivan ridge) or something. my email is rt_sd@mac.com.
    btw- most of angeles crest (el prieto, redbox, mt wilson) is closed from the station fire still. mt baldy is iffy i know they sometimes run the lift on weekends but with the cold weather they may be setting up for skiiers-

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Nightops. Will hit you up for sure. Would like to know how to get to the whoops and am feeling I may need to setup a free ride rig for local rides. Yeah blabby was always iffy but was a great little secret mountain to ride as most people thought it was just a fire road or under the lift type of trail. Probably the most techincal runs I ever road.