No known cure

Shop that can rebuild a 888?

Does anyone know of a shop or an individual in So Cal that can rebuild a 888 on short notice? I lost the rebound damping at the Firestone race this last weekend and would like to at least rebuild that side of the fork in time for Fontana. Thanks
    Ripping trails and tipping ales

mtbr member
    May 2005
    You could send it to Marzocchi direct or drive it to them in Valencia. Or you could try The Path Bike Shop in Tustin

mtbr member
    try the path, they just overhauled my marathon xc fork last week

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    iv heard Marz can do same day turnaround if you call ahead...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Vader
    Does anyone know of a shop or an individual in So Cal that can rebuild a 888 on short notice? I lost the rebound damping at the Firestone race this last weekend and would like to at least rebuild that side of the fork in time for Fontana. Thanks
    as another has said, call Marz. make an appt. and they can do it fast - great guys there...

No known cure
    Quote Originally Posted by fiddy_ryder
    iv heard Marz can do same day turnaround if you call ahead...
    Marzocchi said their turn around time is 2 weeks. With work, I don't have the time to make the 2 hour+ drive(one way) to Valencia. I called The Path earlier today to check on a wheel build and they said they could rebuild the fork, but if something is broken inside, I'll be without a fork for the weekend. I'm going to race with the fork the way it is I guess. Thanks again.
    Ripping trails and tipping ales

mtbr member
    May 2004

Do it yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Vader
    Why not try to do it yourself? Marzocchi forks are not that complicated inside, and since your rebound is already completely blown, what have you got to lose?

You can download a tech manual here.

http://www.marzocchi.com/template/li...LN=UK&Sito=mtb