Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Shirley Meadows/Just Outstanding/Patato Patch trail

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  sbrdude1 
#1 ·
I'm heading up to Kernville this summer for the Cannell Trail with some friends. We already have the maps for the trail and know our way around there. I am interested in the second day ride.

Does anybody have maps (preferably gps or other electronic) of the Just Outstanding trail? I have had little luck so far and was wondering if anybody knows of a reliable source.

Thanks for any help.

#2 ·
I TRIED to get a shuttle together for this trail this weekend at the Keyesville race but failed. From what I understand, you pretty much go up 155 (west) out of Wofford Heights and make a left on Rancheria Rd. It starts on some fire road near the tubing ski area and the singletrack starts a quarter mile on your right. You make a right at the unmarked fork in the trail and generally just cross fire roads the whole way down and there's a short 10 minute climb in the middle. Past that bit I think any way that you take will get you back down to town one way or another.

Just Google 56700 Rancheria Road, Wofford Heights, CA 93285 for the top of the trail.

#3 ·
Hey there Bankerboy, I have a GPS map of Just Outstanding saved as a PDF file if you're interested. I'm sure we'll do that trail before summer hits here, it won't be long before the snow is melted away at Shirley Meadows Ski Area. I can also provide you some more info on other interesting rides/additions to that ride if you want.

#4 ·
I'd be interested in that file as well. I'm pretty hooked on that area after doing the race so I think we're gonna do a weekend of Cannel/other runs when it becomes rideable. I'd like to know what else is around the area too as far as technical riding goes.

#5 ·
Scarryfast said:
Hey there Bankerboy, I have a GPS map of Just Outstanding saved as a PDF file if you're interested. I'm sure we'll do that trail before summer hits here, it won't be long before the snow is melted away at Shirley Meadows Ski Area. I can also provide you some more info on other interesting rides/additions to that ride if you want.
YES! I would love the file if you have it available. I will send you my email via PM. Thanks a lot!

#6 ·
check it out....
the bionicon team did j.o. this past weekend after each days event at the keyesville race...there is like a 100 yard snow hike from the shirley meadows p-lot but then the rest of the trail is open.....if you do this trail, check out going down the fire road you climb to at the end of the singletrack then left onto sawmill rd. go about 1 mile and look for orange ribbon in the bushes on the right.... climb to he granite slab and look for the bike tracks and for stacked rocks....follow it to a creek crossing then hike a bike up to another trail... go uphill there for 10 more minutes and you'll see more ribbon... you are then on dutch flat trail which ends up in keyesville...we just gps it so we can give out more info.....cannel trail wont be rideable til may

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.