OMR - Old Man Riding

Good job! SHARE ride in Aliso Woods this Sat 5/6

Be advised that SHARE will be doing a ride in Aliso Woods this coming Sat. This is a great place to ride right now, as Aliso Woods Canyon is absolutely beautiful ... the mustard is taller than ever and the trails are firm and well packed and the wild life is everywhere!!!

Best of all, this ride has all levels: beginning, intermediate and advanced.

Here are the particulars:

SHARE Club ride

SHARE will be sponsoring a club ride starting at the Alicia entrance to Aliso and Wood Canyons Wilderness Park (AWCWP) on Saturday, May 6th. The ride will be for all ability levels.

The novice / intermediate ride will climb Cholla and traverse the Park with a descent down Meadows Trail. The advanced ride will be a Trifecta including parts of Laguna Coast Wilderness and El Moro Parks.

All group rides leave at 8:30 AM from the Alicia parking lot. 8:00 AM - 12:00 AM

You can also check this out on SHARE's web site:

http://www.sharemtb.com/index.php?pa...2&mo=5&yr=2006

Come on out and join us for the ride...

Gregg
    Old Man Riding....

PS: This is a good park for all you single speeders to show off those legs....

Mmmmmm Beer!
    I guess that means your riding your SS then...
    You wouldn't be in so much pain if you didn't ride like a dork!

OMR - Old Man Riding

Yep!

Just put some Mary bars on the Salsa and love them! AW is a great place to SS ride. Are you planning on joining us, Pat? If so, looking forward to seeing that piece of art that you're now riding.

swoosh!
    Mar 2006
    Is it worth it to join SHARE? just wondering........ so many free clubs and stuff.
    Crawling uphill is a skill!

Mmmmmm Beer!
    I just might. Remember, Saturday is slow starting for me but for only three more weeks.
    You wouldn't be in so much pain if you didn't ride like a dork!

mtbr member

True, there are a lot of free clubs in OC but SHARE is the only "advocacy" club doing work in the State and County Parks in OC. By joining SHARE you are helping to keep the trails open, not only politically but maintenance wise also. They have done more trail maintenance in OC State and County parks than any other group. If you ride in OC parks at all, you have undoubtedly ridden on trails built or maintained by SHARE.
    You also get discounts at most OC bike shops and all SHARE events including the upcoming El Moro Poker Ride on June 10th.
    You can easily save much more than you spend on your annual membership. Besides they are also a nice bunch of riders. Come out and join us on the weekly Tuesday night ride and see for yourself.

swoosh!
    Mar 2006
    Thanks for the info. I'll probably look into it some more and join in the next couple of days. As long as most of my money goes to keeping those trails open...
    Crawling uphill is a skill!

OMR - Old Man Riding

Good job! Great job Mr Chopper...

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper
    True, there are a lot of free clubs in OC but SHARE is the only "advocacy" club doing work in the State and County Parks in OC. By joining SHARE you are helping to keep the trails open, not only politically but maintenance wise also. They have done more trail maintenance in OC State and County parks than any other group. If you ride in OC parks at all, you have undoubtedly ridden on trails built or maintained by SHARE.
    You also get discounts at most OC bike shops and all SHARE events including the upcoming El Moro Poker Ride on June 10th.
    You can easily save much more than you spend on your annual membership. Besides they are also a nice bunch of riders. Come out and join us on the weekly Tuesday night ride and see for yourself.
    You make me want to join again!!!

See you Sat morning...

BTW: are you going to ride your SS?

OMR

The name's Norm...
    [QUOTE=mtber3737]Just put some Mary bars on the Salsa and love them!QUOTE]
    I might have to give these babies a try!
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

mtbr member
    Hello,

Unfortunately, I was not able to attend this ride, but I'm interested in becoming a volunteer for trail work, rides, events and etc and need to know how to get started.

I would also like to become a share member.

Please provide some info on how I get started and the next trails assistance event that I could attend (I'm ready & willing to get my hands dirty). I have done a couple of your Share rides/events (Valentine's Ride) and plan on attending the Tuesday club ride, which will give me the opportunity to talk to some of you.

Please feel free to contact me at any of the following. I would have replied directly on the Share website, but the email server keeps crashing.

Email: Scottburd@sbcglobal.net
    Work email: Sburd@oakley.com
    Cell: 949-285-5030

Sincerely,

Scott Burd aka "Burdman"

PS. I have met Keith & a few others, so you may remember me when you see me.

ss poser
    from the site...

Membership
    Thinking about joining? We’d love to welcome you as a full fledged member of SHARE. We’ve provided three easy ways for you to join:

Online, go to http://www.active.com and fill out the registration form online.
    Mail, complete the form and print it out, then snail-mail it along with a check. Make sure your check is payable to “SHARE”.
    3535 East Pacific Coast Highway
    PO Box 226
    Corona Del Mar, CA 92625.

Allow 2-3 weeks for delivery of your membership card.

In person, attend our monthly club meeting held at 7 PM on the first Monday of every month at various locations. Please e-mail us if you want to attend and need directions.

Membership Benefits
    Help us to ensure the future of our sport by joining SHARE Mountain Bike Club of Orange County. In addition to helping us to keep local trails in the State and County parks open, each member will receive the following:

Individual members:
    $30.00 - new members
    $25.00 - renewing members
    (Renewing members must renew on an annual basis within two months of renewal date, or you will be considered a new member.)

Discounts at local bike shops
    Newsletter/updates
    Member packet (Membership card, rider identification card, stickers, gift certificate to The Path Bike Shop)
    Bike travel case privileges
    Inclusion in club events, activities and rides
    Inclusion in special promotions (some promos based on volunteer hours donated)

email address:

membership@sharemtb.com
    can i get some pixie dust w/my gu, please?

right behind ya
    SHARE??? as in why can't we all get along??? What a dumba$$ name. Think I gonna start a new bike club named MINE as in what my 2 year old tells me all the time.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    hard line, hard line, hard line after hard line

mtbr member
    Thanks Tink....

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by Down boy down
    SHARE??? as in why can't we all get along??? What a dumba$$ name. Think I gonna start a new bike club named MINE as in what my 2 year old tells me all the time.
    Actually Down boy, SHARE stands for Sh**heads and A$$H***s for a Recreational Environment, according to past pres Bobble.

But it you want go with the 2 year old thing, I'm sure no one will mind.

right behind ya
    Quote Originally Posted by Chopper
    Actually Down boy, SHARE stands for Sh**heads and A$$H***s for a Recreational Environment, according to past pres Bobble.

But it you want go with the 2 year old thing, I'm sure no one will mind.
    Assume it was understood I was kidding. Club name aside, I have met a few of the SHARE members through the years on the trails and they have always been cool to me.

Seem they do quite a bit of trailwork - always nice to see someone giveback to the trails as I certainly have been using not giving of late.

Got no beef with them or what they stand for. Suggest alot of strong opinions on the trails and on these boards.

Hey I'm just out for the usual ride!
    hard line, hard line, hard line after hard line